Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

jpoet

n3wb
Reaction score
Take a look at my video review where I show you all lighting situations including using on camera light only. That gives you further options with the onboard LEDs I. Your case. With that information and your knowledge of the light output, direction and spill/splash that it will place at your point of install and target choke point, this should hopefully give you a better idea of this will fit your needs.

HTH. Let me know with any other questions.
I am concerned that my HOA will consider the camera lights to be "spot lights". In your video when you used the 60w bulb, was that the camera lights off, or where they contributing? If the camera lights were off, then I think I would be happy with this camera.

Thanks.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Will they allow cameras? Hve you checked?

Andy, are these the final versions then? Is Dahua not going to tweek these further? It sounds as if they're not a turret 4kx but a completely different camera and that performance lags behind that of the 4kx somewhat.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
4K-X and 4KT chips has a little difference. I have to say both are the best cams right now from us. The firmware still have 1 update later this month.
3.6mm we already shipped some out, soon will have some guys' feedback.
2.8mm has some delay because dahua is moving to a new building, some work has been delayed. Friday can ship 30pcs to us, so next week most guys can get the 2.8mm lens which ordered on aliexpress.
Dahua New office :headbang:

1662475986219.jpeg

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Got my 2x 3.6mm today. Thanks Andy
Enjoy @walleyefisher ! All, just a reminder that the current shipping versions will NOT have the FW on them that I've been working on. That will come in a couple of weeks, maybe early October. Dahua has all my changes and recommendations (that I used to get the video output I showed in my review) but is working on implementing

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm waiting for black version which is supposed to come out in October. Maybe it will have the new firmware by then.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I look forward to these hitting Amazon. I am looking to move away from IR in one spot where I have a turret.
The white turrets are on Amazon now unless they sold out already LOL.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, it was initially on Amazon at $999, so it seems like a great deal now LOL.
Always get great deals from Andy.

Pesonally, not convinced by this camera yet. It's the best turret but it's not quite the bullet (yet). For anyone who must have a turret, this and 5442 are definately the go to's. If you can live with a bullet, then the 4kx.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That's not too bad of a price. I'm still wanting the 6mm.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Will there be a 6mm version in the works?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad to see people getting their hands on these units now. 6mm won't be until next year for sure, primarily 2.8 and 3.6mm this year. I will revisit the issues I noted when I get my hands on a production version of the 2.8mm and 3.6mm

Neverwhere

n3wb
Reaction score
Other than resolution, how do these 2.8 mm and 3.6 mm 4K LED turrets compare to the new second generation 4MP LED models, IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED S2 (which now have F1.0 lens)?
In terms of:
  • Close focus distance (actual, not Dahua spec)
  • Depth of field
  • Night time performance