Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Today made some compare for the IPC-Color4K-T with Hikvision 4K DS-2CD2087G2-LU. Has some compare here, both cams all in default and 1/1.2cmos

1. hikvision is aggressive colorful, the shelf blue are not the real color(esp when all light is on), even the wall become a silver. And the door is more a brown white color , it shows a little green, from our compare, 4KT pics can be more to the real color. But some guys may love the vivid pics If they just watch from the pics.
2. Low light wihtout any illumninator, the Color4K-T is bit better than hikvision one.
3. Build in LED light on, From our team's watching , dahua do better too.

View attachment 144088

View attachment 144089

View attachment 144090

View attachment 144091

View attachment 144092

Door becomes a little green. Shelf blue become very deep blue.
View attachment 144093

REAL light situation, with all lights off by iphone12, So you will see both cams are good for full color even no external light.

View attachment 144094

View attachment 144095
I have some compare here for hikvision color4k and our 4K-T. I have confident ours 4KT/4K-X can do bit better than those colorvu camera. Sure the colorvu cameras also are very good.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For reference, my testing are through managed POE switches
hi @Wildcat_1
A bit off topic, but do you find the managed POE switch better for your needs?
Do you use it to ease the traffic of the cams on your LAN? security?

I was thinking about BI computer with two NICs that would be the gateway from the LAN to the cams. does that make any sense? is that how you're using it?

BadKarma

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just got my second camera from Andy, and I want to say thank you for the quick delivery. I chose the 4k-t 2.8mm in black, and I must say it looks fantastic. I also managed to get my hands on two NC800 cameras that were accidentally listed on Amazon for £99, so I had to buy them too lol.

It occurred to me that the firmware on the NC800 is identical to that on the DS-2CD2387G2-L(U), making it simple to upgrade to the most recent Hikvision firmware.

When comparing the nc800 and 4k-t, I discovered that the results were very similar to what I saw in wildcats Comparison video between the 4k-t & DS-2CD2387G2, for me the 4k-t is a better camera with its manual shutter and gain settings and for my needs at capturing number plates at night with a faster shutter speed it was able to give a good overview is well where as the nc800 would struggle at that shutter speed making it too dark to use.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just got my second camera from Andy, and I want to say thank you for the quick delivery. I chose the 4k-t 2.8mm in black, and I must say it looks fantastic. I also managed to get my hands on two NC800 cameras that were accidentally listed on Amazon for £99, so I had to buy them too lol.

It occurred to me that the firmware on the NC800 is identical to that on the DS-2CD2387G2-L(U), making it simple to upgrade to the most recent Hikvision firmware.

When comparing the nc800 and 4k-t, I discovered that the results were very similar to what I saw in wildcats Comparison video between the 4k-t & DS-2CD2387G2, for me the 4k-t is a better camera with its manual shutter and gain settings and for my needs at capturing number plates at night with a faster shutter speed it was able to give a good overview is well where as the nc800 would struggle at that shutter speed making it too dark to use.
Now make sure to modify that 1 star review on Ali :cool:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
The noise that was in the audio captures I posted was with the camera connected to a new PoE+ switch. Surprisingly with the power supplies the noise was about half as loud.
Interesting because I find the POE+ connects reduce any interference
hi @Wildcat_1
A bit off topic, but do you find the managed POE switch better for your needs?
Do you use it to ease the traffic of the cams on your LAN? security?

I was thinking about BI computer with two NICs that would be the gateway from the LAN to the cams. does that make any sense? is that how you're using it?
Yes I absolutely advocate for managed switches. To be fair I use those in deployments anyway but even personally I have a complex NW infrastructure. I use for segmentation and security across different traffic profiles and in the case of cams, yes, isolate and then control bandwidth as well. Also the logging functionality is incredibly useful too

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
For the Issue pixel & chip processing issue of the 4K-T , we have another newer firmware to be released very soon, has some good improvement based on the 20220923 version for the pics.
Right now can do the testing, anyone want to try just send me DM.
At least these issues are firmware related instead of hardware.

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Reaction score
For the Issue pixel & chip processing issue of the 4K-T , we have another newer firmware to be released very soon, has some good improvement based on the 20220923 version for the pics.
Right now can do the testing, anyone want to try just send me DM.
Does this new firmware address the issues of artifacts and pixilation with the 4K-T?

I have the 3.6mm version and regardless of what bitrate I set or any settings I change I have a lot of artifacting and pixilation around a moving object. I've matched @Wildcat_1 settings and it doesn't improve the issue. The artifacting and pixilation occurs in the live view from the camera GUI and also in Blue Iris. It gets worse if I enable WDR. I have two of the bullet Color 4K-X's and the image on those is far superior to the image on the Color 4K-T. I'm on the current firmware version 3.000.0000000.20.R Build Date:2022-09-26 and I've already done two factory defaults without any changes.

If the new firmware addresses those issue I'd like to try it out.

Last edited:

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY sent me the new firmware, version V3.120.0000000.2.R, Build Date: 2022-10-21. The new firmware seems to have fixed the pixilation and artifcating issue I had with the previous firmware version. I'll keep an eye on it for the next day or so to verify the issue is resolved.
How is this new firmware working out for you?

I have two 2.8mm in black sitting on the counter waiting for me to find some time to play with.

Was hoping this firmware would be the one to use.