Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

WSCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd also like to see shutter speed, gain, etc to see how the camera reacts to changing the ranges.

Definitely going to check out what @WSCam found!
Yeah, I'm walking the OID tree again to see what else. I only skimmed it before. I added CPU monitoring to my PRTG setup and missed the fact that on the end of that OID, there's an index value of ".0". It's only got the one CPU but the indexes mean it could support stats for multiple CPUs... I just cut and paste and didn't think about the fact it had that.

Right now with the camera NOT doing any motion detection (I rely on Blue Iris and CodeProject for all that), CPU usage on the 180 camera is ranging between 18-23% and it's polling every 60 seconds. It would be interesting to see if it changes when there actually is motion out there. Plus, I have it setup to use that "SSA" backlight option that's supposed to automatically turn WDR on/off depending on the lighting (I'm generally pleased with it...sometimes WDR always on was distracting, and this auto SSA option seems to do a good job making sure it's only on when appropriate). I figure that might add a little more CPU to the mix, and when WDR is actually activated, that could introduce higher usage.

Unfortunately I don't see any indicators about current camera conditions besides the things you can set (the resolution, frame rate, bitrate, etc). I agree it would be cool to capture the current shutter speed if you had it setup with a custom range, like 0-8.33ms like mine is currently set.

I did notice that this MIB is dated 2014 so I can't help but wonder if there are new OIDs that Dahua added in over the past 9 years. I'd be surprised if they hadn't. But so far I haven't found anything official from Dahua. Every other source I saw for the MIB seems to be from this same revision "201402141112Z".

Is this something Empire Tech Andy could possibly reach out to his contacts at Dahua and see if they have a more recent MIB? If nobody else volunteers, I could write and ask (I try to order my cameras from him when possible... great support). :)

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm walking the OID tree again to see what else. I only skimmed it before. I added CPU monitoring to my PRTG setup and missed the fact that on the end of that OID, there's an index value of ".0". It's only got the one CPU but the indexes mean it could support stats for multiple CPUs... I just cut and paste and didn't think about the fact it had that.

Right now with the camera NOT doing any motion detection (I rely on Blue Iris and CodeProject for all that), CPU usage on the 180 camera is ranging between 18-23% and it's polling every 60 seconds. It would be interesting to see if it changes when there actually is motion out there. Plus, I have it setup to use that "SSA" backlight option that's supposed to automatically turn WDR on/off depending on the lighting (I'm generally pleased with it...sometimes WDR always on was distracting, and this auto SSA option seems to do a good job making sure it's only on when appropriate). I figure that might add a little more CPU to the mix, and when WDR is actually activated, that could introduce higher usage.

Unfortunately I don't see any indicators about current camera conditions besides the things you can set (the resolution, frame rate, bitrate, etc). I agree it would be cool to capture the current shutter speed if you had it setup with a custom range, like 0-8.33ms like mine is currently set.

I did notice that this MIB is dated 2014 so I can't help but wonder if there are new OIDs that Dahua added in over the past 9 years. I'd be surprised if they hadn't. But so far I haven't found anything official from Dahua. Every other source I saw for the MIB seems to be from this same revision "201402141112Z".

Is this something Empire Tech Andy could possibly reach out to his contacts at Dahua and see if they have a more recent MIB? If nobody else volunteers, I could write and ask (I try to order my cameras from him when possible... great support). :)
I've ordered from Andy twice, once through Amazon and more recently a refurb BoobieCam, and I have been pleased both times. Will definitely be ordering all my cams through him in the future!

Unfortunately, Dahua doesn't seem to be great at communicating updates. I've never come across a change log for firmware. It would be nice to know if it a new firmware has something new with regards to AI, fix for encoding, etc or just a cybersecurity update which is useless to those of us who isolate their cameras on a dedicated network.

I haven't had a great experience with SSA myself but others have. My Color4K/X needs WDR during the day due to high-contrast and HLC at night. Just a touch of either really brings out the image. We should be installing the new 20,000 lumen LED lights soon so I doubt I'll need either when they're up!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Possible PSA - in the latest BI update 5.7.5, I cannot get the ONVIF triggers to fire on this camera.

If I rollback to the most recent stable version, then the ONVIF triggers work again.

Support ticket placed in BI.

Leroy60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am in the process of getting familiar with this camera. Thus far I've been astounded by how good the low light performance is - and I don't even need the illuminators!

I have one problem that is stumping me though - I can't get it to record to the SD card (or at least play it back). Triggered recording works fine in Blue Iris. I installed a new Pro Endurance 128G card and formatted it with the camera - it shows 0.11G used.

I suspect I'm just missing something in the new UI, but I have each IVS or motion event set to record and the storage page looks OK. On the page for viewing recordings the camera (CAM1 in "channel list") looks to be grayed out.

I can post screen shots, but first wonder if there's some simple "trick" I may be overlooking. BTW the cam was shipped with and has 3.120 firmware with build date of 2023-03-01.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am in the process of getting familiar with this camera. Thus far I've been astounded by how good the low light performance is - and I don't even need the illuminators!

I have one problem that is stumping me though - I can't get it to record to the SD card (or at least play it back). Triggered recording works fine in Blue Iris. I installed a new Pro Endurance 128G card and formatted it with the camera - it shows 0.11G used.

I suspect I'm just missing something in the new UI, but I have each IVS or motion event set to record and the storage page looks OK. On the page for viewing recordings the camera (CAM1 in "channel list") looks to be grayed out.

I can post screen shots, but first wonder if there's some simple "trick" I may be overlooking. BTW the cam was shipped with and has 3.120 firmware with build date of 2023-03-01.
The Cam1 is greyed out as that is the only choice. Simply hit the SEARCH button down below that:

1682263673641.png

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What browser are you using? Try Internet Explorer, not IE or Chrome with IE tab.

Hitting the SEARCH blue button doesn't bring up anything?

1682264929523.png

Are you wanting to record 24/7? If not, uncheck the general box.

1682265037865.png

What does your schedule look like?

1682265079464.png

Leroy60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After I de-selected "General" it works! Now hitting Search brings up the recordings ("mountain" thumbnail) and everything works as expected. Prior to that, hitting Search popped up a brief message "No Data Available".

When I was working on this yesterday, I had trouble with the storage page (the one with "Event Type", "Disk Full", and "Storage Method") would display a popup "Operation Failed" if I tried to change and apply any settings. I had to hit Default then Apply - I believe that is when "General" was enabled.

I'm still trying to get accustomed to the new UI. I like it overall, but it's very different and not intuitive after using the older one (at least for me).

BTW I've been using your basic setup for getting shutter speed set on my system - it has really helped me.

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Possible PSA - in the latest BI update 5.7.5, I cannot get the ONVIF triggers to fire on this camera.

If I rollback to the most recent stable version, then the ONVIF triggers work again.

Support ticket placed in BI.
Same here, alerts stopped, but only on this camera. On my 5442's and other models, all working fine. I'm on 5.7.5.2 released on 20th of April.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Same here, alerts stopped, but only on this camera. On my 5442's and other models, all working fine. I'm on 5.7.5.2 released on 20th of April.
Make sure you send a ticket in to BI support. The more they get the higher in priority this will take.

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure you send a ticket in to BI support. The more they get the higher in priority this will take.
Yep, I've done already and mentioned other people are having the same issue. I've rolled to an older version now and will confirm if it works

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you guys test viewing this camera in BI using the android web interface? I can only see this camera using the BI app, when using the BI web interface on android, it cannot decode the video.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see it fine in the UI3 on Android. I an running H264H

WSCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see it fine in the UI3 on Android. I an running H264H
Ditto, this camera and all my others stream fine to Android using the web UI (which is good, since that's how I aim the camera during install). I don't know if it matters but on my Android (v9) I'm using Chrome, not the native browser.

Reaction score
Sorry I did not see this posted yet - in case it helps anyone, these are the BI video settings that I used to get 2-way (two-way) talk to work with the audio speaker. I tested this using the Blue Iris IOS app.
20230426_2200.23_mstsc_optiplex_-_Remote_Desktop_Connection_PmYL.png
With those settings, it didn't matter whether the Audio settings for the camera were set to Output=Default or Output=Remote Device. The two-way talk worked with either setting.

On the other hand, I've been struggling to get the Annke/Hikvision equivalent camera to work with the two-way talk. The camera records sound just fine in BI, but despite trying every combination of video camera model settings (*DS-2CDxxxx RTSP, other RTSP, DS-2DExxxx RTSP, etc) I haven't gotten the Hikvision speaker to play recorded sound through BI. But that's a bit off topic for this thread!

The one other thing I'll add is it seems BI 5.7.4.1 doesn't pick up the ONVIF triggers either. IVS tripwires are recording to my SFTP as expected, no problem on the SFTP side. (I don't have an SD card.) Just trying to tie it in with BI.