Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Leroy60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm dealing with an issue on this camera: With the wide view and great night vision, I'm trying to setup motion detection to "see" what animals may visit at night.

I've setup IVS rules for capturing human intrusion in a side region and it works nicely. I created a motion detection area (not IVS nor SMD) on a night schedule with threshold set at about 20 and fairly high sensitivity for a large area of the yard. After several weeks, not one motion event was detected. Hmmm, bad settings or no "visitors"? So yesterday I did some experimenting (cloudy daytime conditions) and found that with myself in the motion zone, it rarely showed a value above 1 or two on the live graph @ 20 feet from the camera. In fact, the only way to see it get near 15-20 on the grapg was to be within 6 or 7 feet away. I checked a different camera (2431) and confirmed it shows around 40 on the graph from 20 feet.

Would setting the threshold to near zero (or zero?) necessarily cause a lot of false triggers, regardless of sensitivity?

On a related note, one thing I noticed in the IVS rule page there is a switch for "Target Filter", which when enabled let's you choose human and/or vehicle. What does it detect if "Target Filter" is disabled?

Any insights would be appreciated.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm dealing with an issue on this camera: With the wide view and great night vision, I'm trying to setup motion detection to "see" what animals may visit at night.

I've setup IVS rules for capturing human intrusion in a side region and it works nicely. I created a motion detection area (not IVS nor SMD) on a night schedule with threshold set at about 20 and fairly high sensitivity for a large area of the yard. After several weeks, not one motion event was detected. Hmmm, bad settings or no "visitors"? So yesterday I did some experimenting (cloudy daytime conditions) and found that with myself in the motion zone, it rarely showed a value above 1 or two on the live graph @ 20 feet from the camera. In fact, the only way to see it get near 15-20 on the grapg was to be within 6 or 7 feet away. I checked a different camera (2431) and confirmed it shows around 40 on the graph from 20 feet.

Would setting the threshold to near zero (or zero?) necessarily cause a lot of false triggers, regardless of sensitivity?

On a related note, one thing I noticed in the IVS rule page there is a switch for "Target Filter", which when enabled let's you choose human and/or vehicle. What does it detect if "Target Filter" is disabled?

Any insights would be appreciated.

One of the "downsides" with the new AI is that it is geared towards people and cars. Remember we are not their target audience, it is businesses and they are concerned about people and vehicles.

You would have to use something like BI with its AI to get that function.

That doesn't mean you won't get some wildlife with motion detection instead of IVS, but it has been shown that even turning off target filtering, it still is looking for a person or car.

So you said you were 20 feet away - how high is the camera? That plays as much a role as anything else.

Further, this camera is doing a lot more than others (stitching together 2 lens, full color, etc.) and is probably on the same processor as a single lens, so something needs to give.

In my experience it is the further out distances that suffer from not being triggered. I think the firmware is maxing out the processor accomplishing the other main tasks of the camera.

In my case, I have other cameras essentially acting as spotters on the left and right distance shots to trigger mainstream recording for this camera. I would love for the IVS or MD to be able to do so, but I haven't seen it do it reliably.

Here is a thread where we started to see the AI moving away from detecting wildlife.

Leroy60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good point on using BI for the MD. I've taken the advice of letting the cams do that, with good results overall.

The cam is mounted on the soffit in front of a patio, so at about 7 feet high when within 10 feet, about a foot higher relative to things beyond that distance.

At another location & camera I have seen IVS trigger on my 40# dog (until I adjusted minimum and maximum size. On the other side of the house it detects (draws box around) a resin eagle mounted above my garage door, lol.

Does disabling "Target Filter" make an IVS rule more likely to "catch" a non-human?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Disabling Target Filter on other cams didn't seem to really have an effect, which is why on the 5442 series that people are running older firmware that it does allow wildlife to be detected.

I don't think anyone has tried it yet with this camera, but based on my testing of other IVS, SMD, MD on the camera I would say probably not.

Leroy60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm back in town and took advantage of the 50deg weather to finally install the camera and play with the new camera interface.

Am I blind, where is the option for Day/Night auto switch? @EMPIRETECANDY can you help?
View attachment 150728View attachment 150729
Is there any way to get the day/night switch option to show up (as shown in the manual for "Working Mode")?

Using the 12 month schedule seems lacking, particularly when sunrise/sunset times change from the beginning to the end of the month. Also, how's this going to work in March & November when DST starts/stops.

jjj666

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a special feed url I could use to capture the IVS? or do I need to be connected to a Dahua NVR to show/box out the found target (and follow). The target is highlighted and followed via the web Gui, but want it to be captured on my synology SS. I have attempted some searches, but I believe I am not using the correct terminology to find what I am looking for.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a special feed url I could use to capture the IVS? or do I need to be connected to a Dahua NVR to show/box out the found target (and follow). The target is highlighted and followed via the web Gui, but want it to be captured on my synology SS. I have attempted some searches, but I believe I am not using the correct terminology to find what I am looking for.
I believe that is only available with the camera GUI or the same brand NVR. I have never seen anyone here able to do so outside of those two.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out the "No recent alerts" screen push notifi when a camera is triggered? I'm running 5.7.5.6. My clips only seem to last 1 day. I have 13 camera's. 3 are the newer color4K's, 1 HikVission 180, 1 Dahua 180. these cameras are working fine (no AI). My other (older) Dahua cameras started acting up a couple weeks ago. some are the 5442. Others are similar. Iv tried getting them back to working again, over and over, but with no luck. Also still having trouble with DB not staying around for more than 12 hours. Iv had my system for 5 years now. Any help would be appreciated.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Device ID 836BA623-B9A2-469F-BB4C-ABA54C001077
Product ID 00325-80168-77175-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
also 2T purple drive

scuba14c

n3wb
Reaction score
Would someone mind sharing their blue iris configuration page? I can't seem to view these through Blue Iris but can get to them through the web interface.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Would someone mind sharing their blue iris configuration page? I can't seem to view these through Blue Iris but can get to them through the web interface.
What did the find/inspect pull up. Post a screenshot of the pop up window.

The config should be the same as any other Dahua camera you have, but many people have had to factory reset the new web gui cams before BI would accept it for some reason. I will be able to tell from the pop up window.

scuba14c

n3wb
Reaction score
Opening 192.168.1.108 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2023-05-25T01:16:42.000Z
Requesting device information...
Bad response
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 1
InputConnectors: 1
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Opening 192.168.1.108 port 8999...
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Opening 192.168.1.108 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
2023-05-25T01:16:42.000Z
Requesting device information...
Bad response
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 1
InputConnectors: 1
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Opening 192.168.1.108 port 8999...
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

That bad response line is user/pw issue.

Your best bet is to factory reset and start again.

Or you could go in and make sure that you are using an account that can see ONVIF.

This is a common problem unfortunately when someone changes the admin password or it doesn't carry over to ONVIF user when initially setting up the camera or a reboot or firmware update or power blip changes it.

What happens is the ONVIF user password isn't changed or created at initialization.

Select it and then change the admin password for the ONVIF user to match your password.

Or simply create a new user and password and use that.

But we have seen other issues with cameras with the new GUI in BI until a factory reset is performed, so I think you will save some frustration down the road if you just do the factory reset now.

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All, quick update on the SD card issue (frame dropped recordings) that I mentioned. I've been able to fault isolate this consistently and it is 100% related to the E-PTZ function and its impact on overall system resources on the camera in certain configurations. I've documented this and handed it over to Dahua engineering for further work along with my recommendations on how to fix
Has there been any update from Dahua Engineering on this issue. I don't use a Dahua NVR. I just received my Black IPC-Color4K-T180 turret cam from Andy @ EmpireTech (thanks Andy!!!) and plan to use a Samsung Pro Endurance 256GB SD card to record alerts. FWIW, here's the link to a post I made under the "Camera Installation Questions" Forum.

Thanks in advance!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know whether it is fixed or not but I haven't seen an issue with mine.
Do you mind me asking:
1. What firmware revision you’re on with your IPC-Color4K-T180?
2. What brand & size SD Card are you using?

Thanks in advance!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please don’t flame me. Just an old fart trying to add the IPC-Color4K-T180 Black cam from Andy @ EmpireTech to my home surveillance system I put together back in 2018 which consists of a Lenovo ThinkCentre M93/p Tiny PC with Windows 10 64bit running Blue Iris Software 24/7 with a Zyxel ES1100-8P unmanaged switch, 2 x ACTi E32 bullet cameras and 1 x Hikvision DS-2XD2532F-IWS mini dome camera. BTW, I use a Power Injector to supply dedicated power via PoE+ to the T180.

Everything works fine and signal is good when using Web 5.0 and DMSS app on my iPhone. However in Blue Iris I’m getting dropped frames and several NO SIGNALS as well as BI hitting 100% processor occupancy. I have about a 70’ run of CAT5e to my 2nd floor front driveway eave where I had to extend a further 7’ using a Cable Matters CAT6 coupler to get a better FOV for the T180. Should I redo this with a solid run of CAT6 cable?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please don’t flame me. Just an old fart trying to add the IPC-Color4K-T180 Black cam from Andy @ EmpireTech to my home surveillance system I put together back in 2018 which consists of a Lenovo ThinkCentre M93/p Tiny PC with Windows 10 64bit running Blue Iris Software 24/7 with a Zyxel ES1100-8P unmanaged switch, 2 x ACTi E32 bullet cameras and 1 x Hikvision DS-2XD2532F-IWS mini dome camera. BTW, I use a Power Injector to supply dedicated power via PoE+ to the T180.

Everything works fine and signal is good when using Web 5.0 and DMSS app on my iPhone. However in Blue Iris I’m getting dropped frames and several NO SIGNALS as well as BI hitting 100% processor occupancy. I have about a 70’ run of CAT5e to my 2nd floor front driveway eave where I had to extend a further 7’ using a Cable Matters CAT6 coupler to get a better FOV for the T180. Should I redo this with a solid run of CAT6 cable?
Won't flame you other than pointing out that computer wouldn't be recommended for BI as it has a processor in it not designed for performance and will throttle when it gets hot. And then once you start adding 8MP cams to it, problems can happen.

Have you done EVERY optimization in the wiki? Substreams are a must, especially with that computer.

If you read thru this thread and some others, you will see that there are lots of reports of this camera not playing well with BI.

In my testing, a no-name power supply and inferior cable would result in many "errors". Now I say that in that BI is showing "No Signal" yet the video itself isn't really losing signal, at least in my case. I have the Camera live view and Camera status page up at the same time and would watch the No Signal tally keep going up while the video itself was rock solid.

And the newer versions of BI seem to be a little more sensitive to this camera than prior versions. Way more issues on my test machine running the latest version than my actual machine that is still running BI when it was still Deepstack.

So other than getting a more powerful computer, my suggestions would be to make sure you have a name brand power source, pure copper cable, and watch if you are really losing signal or if it is just BI having an issue thinking it is losing signal when it really isn't.