Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The data sheet lists the Close Focus Distance as 11.81 feet. What is the expected DOF for this camera? i.e. the image is in focus from 12 feet to XX feet. What DOF changes can be expected from day to night and/or color to B/W settings?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Well also remember that the Splicing Distance will play a key piece to overall end image as well. This will affect point of sensor convergence and you will see 'stitching' anomalies outside of that convergence point. While that won't affect DOF it WILL affect overall image. I will be testing at a couple of distance and configurations once I get the updated FW (as my bug list includes stitching/splicing issues). That way I can accurately report back markers for image in focus + you'll see from my testing what DOF looks like. For reference here, I am seeing a disconnect between close focus distance and minimum splicing distance that I think also needs to be corrected. Will keep all updated as I go forward with this one

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking forward to your test results with the new FW. It will be interesting to get your read on the actual DOF for this new 180 degree camera.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Just following up. I've documented all 17 bugs, my recommendations, included algorithm adjustments + video's showing the issues and where to focus. A lot of work BUT hopefully this will allow Dahua to work on this quickly and make it easier to implement fixes. Appreciate Dahua engineering working with me on this (thank you !) and @EMPIRETECANDY helping prioritize this with Dahua for everyone here. Will report back when I have the new beta FW and assuming fixes are in place will start the testing. Thanks

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1 just for my own curiosity, are you able to post how this camera looks in a multi-cam BI or UI3 screen display? I'm thinking it just takes up two spots? Maybe it's wide and skinny? Thanks if possible.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a quick update from me. I filed 18 bugs / enhancements / recommendations (another since last update) that I've been working with Dahua on since my last update. I think we're close to getting the majority (not all) resolved and I should have a beta build some time in early November to test and then complete the review here.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I might have a spot for one of these at my front entryway. I think the 3.6mm will work better in this situation than the 4mm Hikvision that I currently have on the East side of the house. The current Hikvison 4K camera is 2.8mm at this location. Here is a picture of what I am talking about. I will probably drop the camera down 10" or so from the mounting of this camera. With one camera I can watch people walking up from the sidewalk to the front door.

Camera 1F Relocated 092621.jpg

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does this camera support by Bl ?

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does this camera support by Bl ?
Yes it does. I have two of them running. Supported by UI3 too but I can't maximize mine in the UI3 on my FireTV's currently as I get some kind of stream error that I don't have time to troubleshoot right now.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes it does. I have two of them running. Supported by UI3 too but I can't maximize mine in the UI3 on my FireTV's currently as I get some kind of stream error that I don't have time to troubleshoot right now.
Great thanks for replying.
Any other shortcomings in dealing with this kind of 180-degree camera?
Are you able to run Main & sub stream?

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great thanks for replying.
Any other shortcomings in dealing with this kind of 180-degree camera?
Are you able to run Main & sub stream?
See New Dahua 180 Degree Camera Arrived for day and night images using the 180 camera.

The camera uses the new blue Web 5 interface. It has main stream plus sub stream 1 and sub stream 2.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Just waiting on the update beta FW then will start the full test. This one has a lot of potential and use cases as I shared but definitely need these bugs fixed ASAP first

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey guys

After weeks great work by @Wildcat_1 and dahua engineer, we lastly get the new firmware done, most issues has been fixed, i think the camera can be really ready to sell using this fw.
Turret also ready

View attachment 144435
Andy

Andy do you have a dimension for the base. I am looking into some mounting hardware. Maybe post the specifications if you have them.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey guys

After weeks great work by @Wildcat_1 and dahua engineer, we lastly get the new firmware done, most issues has been fixed, i think the camera can be really ready to sell using this fw.
Turret also ready

View attachment 144435
Andy
Looking forward to seeing the bug fixes and then get to testing the cam. Lot of work by both sides but thinking this will improve this cam a lot, like the 4K-T work completed.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad to see that at least 95% of the changes to FW, algorithm, E-PTZ, functions and other areas I recommended have been added to the new beta FW. Also looks like the majority of bugs have been taken care of that I reported with recommended fixes. Going to keep testing this for a day or 2 before I start the review but am pleased with what Dahua has done with my recommendations and feedback so far.