Worlds First Review - Dahua - IPC-Color4K-X / DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED - Full Color 4K Camera

Ky's

n3wb
Reaction score
Wildcat what is the prefect height to install this camera for gateway entrance.
Thanks

Ky's

n3wb
Reaction score
Realistically you don’t want this too high as you want to ensure good opportunity to capture key target attributes for ID purposes. Therefore around the 7 to 7.5ft max
Thanks
Do you have any more tips are tricks to give for best installation.
I am using this camera for Deterrent

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks
Definitely check out the cliff notes first and then reach out here or send me a DM with any questions. Just remember that lighting is still important on this cam as I said in the review so you definitely will benefit from supplemental light in the FOV.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks
Normally install at 7-8ft height is the best. Install the cam no big trick, just get the best installation to get the best pic.
But if you need support how to make the function work out, can contact us directly or just post here for your issues.

1634877181888.png

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks

Hey man, check out this installation section. There are many hours of research to be had which will really help flesh out your understanding of how to optimize things.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm a great fan of keeping led lights and cameras separate.
Hmm?!

On any dahua camera lens and leds are seperate. mostly they dont even share the same protection glass in the front of the housing. leds are mostly glued into the front cover and the lens(front) is inside a piece of/covered by sponge rubber. so its not even possible that light from the leds shine into the lens from inside the camera housing.

i dont get your problem...

Last edited:

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DORI distant issue:
I'm using AI NVR to get facial recognition from the FD of the cam.
The distance of the FR (and FD) is very short on one of the cams for some reason (night and day) and I tend to believe it's got to do with my settings.
With a 5442T-ZE I used to get recognition from 8 meters. Now, one of the 5849 cams is limited to 5-6 meters and the other cam can barely recognize at a distance of 3 meters.
When it does the FD, I"m getting a clear recognition of 95-99% except it wouldn't even try further away.
Changing the resolution didn't seem to do anything as well as other settings I was trying to play with. I still tent to think it's got to be settings issue.
Any clue?

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Wildcat_1, your review on this cam was awesome. I am looking into getting started with a surveilence system with this as my first camera. Still need a NVR.

I was curious what NVR you used to test this camera? Unless I missed it, I didnt see it in your review and I am trying to do some research on NVRs.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Wildcat_1, your review on this cam was awesome. I am looking into getting started with a surveilence system with this as my first camera. Still need a NVR.

I was curious what NVR you used to test this camera? Unless I missed it, I didnt see it in your review and I am trying to do some research on NVRs.

Just use this NVR, it's bit good. Pro model, support most AI functions.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Andy, they're showing as "Currently Unavailable"; both of them.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm?!

On any dahua camera lens and leds are seperate. mostly they dont even share the same protection glass in the front of the housing. leds are mostly glued into the front cover and the lens(front) is inside a piece of/covered by sponge rubber. so its not even possible that light from the leds shine into the lens from inside the camera housing.

i dont get your problem...

That's not separate if they're built into the camera face. They're too close to the lens. If any light spills either onto the lens or if there's atmoshperic particles such as mist, fog, dust (no matter how little) and it lights the atmopshere ahead of the lens, you'll get bloom or a haze to the picture.

When I say separate, I mean no LED on the camera and a separate flood light elsewhere on the wall. Theoretically, Dahua could mount an led on an adjustable bracket on the top of a bullet style housing provided the lens was hooded and shielded from the light. The light would also need to stand high enough so as not to cast a shadow on the main viewing area caused by the camera housing. However, it mgiht look cheap and by far the best way to do it in my opinion is have a camera without LEDS and a separate Spotlight with PIR on the wall a good distance away and not pointing towards the camera. Although most CCTV cameras seem to adapt almost instantly these days to light changes, if you wanted to reduce the impact if the area has no ambient light, no reason why you couldn't have a low level dawn to dusk light eg 6w led bulb giving permaent low level light but reinforced with the flood. That way the camera isn't having to adapt from nothing to ultra bright but equally should have enough light for a good picture when the flood comes in.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks to @garycrist , he made some live broadcast, looking bit good, easy watch the night sky.
Big farmland, lol.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Hahaha. By the way this was from last night. The problem is the neighbor's kitchen light plays havoc with the camera. However if you look into the distance you can almost read the street sign if you have a 4K monitor. IMHO this shows how good the 4K is.

View attachment 99402

here is a 5442 as 3.6mm which i mounted yesterday and put in corridor mode ... ir light is not reflected by wall :D

mounted.jpg

corridor.jpg