Worlds First Review - Dahua - IPC-Color4K-X / DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED - Full Color 4K Camera

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It's pretty nice to know you are both working in concert like this to provide end users with not only their cameras, but also ensuring we all get the most out of those cameras. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Happy to help. Just reach out if you have any questions or if you need assistance dialing in etc

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's a drag for sure. When my 5849 arrives I'll be using a POE switch. I figure your POE is onboard the NVR? What if you used a switch between the NVR and IPC's? Just to see what happens.

What did your NVR support say? You cannot continue resetting, and losing DB's like this.
Your standalone POE switch would not create such a bug. An unmanaged switch is layer 2 and it would not keep it's lockup tables after restart so you have nothing to worry about.
POE switch is also way more quiet and gives you more freedom to migrate to BI or debug your problems. It gives you more flexibility and that's the right way to go IMO.
There is no point for me to use a POE switch before the NVR that already contains a POE build in POE switch.
I do not have that problem any more and there is no reason to loose the BD again:
1. I do not expect to introduce a 9th camera, unplug it and plug it again on a different port. It is not something that happens every day.It IS a bug but not something that would happened every day.
2. The NVR's backup does not support DB backup but I guess it can be done via rsync over SSH (didn't try it yet though).

@EMPIRETECANDY good to see that you're back from the holiday. Hope you had a great time.

alwaysoff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where can I find the link to 09/08 firmware (or whatever is the latest)? I'm on 07/09 and It seems that ivs isn't working / sending out the trigger

muse_ee

n3wb
Reaction score
[mention]EMPIRETECANDY [/mention] I just received this camera from you that is running 7/09 is it possible to get the link to the updated firmware as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Sure, use this link to download and update, thank you! This will be the 1st official fw from us with special design with the help by @Wildcat_1 and other guys here too. Will have new updat later when more bugs fixed or new functions add in.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Guys, we get some requirement for the cam to support IVS to trigger the LED light on. But this may not good for those place at deep dark. Will effect the IVS correct.
MD SMD IVS work together to trigger the light on maybe better? @Wildcat_1 @wittaj
Yes, in my experience, if there is no light (ambient, moon, LED from camera, landscape lighting, etc.), then it will certainly affect IVS, but probably MD and SMD as well.

But at the same time, this camera is so good, that if someone has just a little bit of light, they could probably get good success with IVS. I think a few solar landscaping lights would provide enough to get it to work (not that I would advocate that as a solution, but this camera is really good with just a little light).

Here is a picture of the camera at night with no external light and no moon and the white LED off and shutter at 0-8.33, gain 0-50, NR at 25 and the remaining at default. Now if I ran it auto shutter, then it will look like noon LOL, but motion would be a blur.

1634697840520.png

But with just a bit of light, it produces a great image and the image extends out further than any other LED camera that I have.

I am amazed though how low of light this camera needs to produce a decent picture. Even at complete black in the basement, the LED on auto never went past 40% intensity. I think in most instances the LED would be at 25% or so unless the user manual overrides, the LED isn't obnoxious or obvious as the other LED cameras.

This one comes across more as decorative lighting than a camera lighting. Obviously your camera angle could make a difference as well.

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY You have to be careful when triggering the onboard light to come on with IVS as remember it will always impact your set config. For example you’ve dialed in your scene, IVS trips, LED light comes on and creates a bloom effect therefore a) running the risk of immediately washing out the scene or ruing the image or b) causing just enough of an issue to miss a target. Also you have to remember that for the IVS to trip in the first place then you need enough light to capture which if you have that in turn negates the need to trigger LED on cam anyway in some cases. Therefore due to the potential for unintended issues with IVS would advise against it or if it was implemented then the controls would have to be granular enough to cover intensity, enable/disable, time the light stayed on etc which could mean major work for little overall gain on the firmware.

If the goal of the ask is to provide an audio/visual 'alarm' type of event then todays implementation is already in IVS but tied to audio linkage only, no granular controls and in that implementation doesn’t work well as I mentioned.

For those that want this feature MD or SMD triggering it could be an option (similar to TIOC) BUT either way you would want individual controls as I mention above and still run the risk of unintended impact to capture.

As I showed in my review, this cam needs light but does well even in low light. Therefore in my opinion it’s better instead to solve this by using supplemental light on scene. Even single bulb (as I showed) rather than trying to do it all on cam in the case of a full color cam.

Again, IF Dahua considered adding a trigger then it would need the controls I listed above to make it useful and allow those that didn’t want the LED tripped, to control and disable it.

Last edited:

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As discussed @EMPIRETECANDY this should be inline with what I fed back to Dahua as part of the original wrap up so should be relatively easy to implement BUT would want the option to control separately. Thanks !
An http command to turn on and off the illuminators would be useful. Is this not part of the ONVIF spec already?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
@ Wildcat I'm a great fan of keeping led lights and cameras separate. In my opinion, you're less likely to suffer bloom issues with a separate light, it doesn't matter if the light fails, you buy another $10 light not a $200 camera. You can adjust the lighting up or down to suit your needs by adding / removing lights or reducing / increasing wattages. Lots of advantages to keeping lighting and cameras separate. For the same reason I keep PIR's and Lights separate.

Maybe some use for TIOC lights, but even then I have to question if a separate TIOC red and blue lighting strobe strip might not affect the camera picture as much when compared to having the built in LED's so close to the lens.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have to wonder if Dahua added the LED's in an effort to make entry level use easier. Being a daylight at night camera people will naturally buy it thinking they know just the right spot where they have (near) zero light conditions. I agree, the LED's need not be there. They are only a marketing tool, and a fall back safe zone - not working in pitch black? Turn on the built in LED's...that's a bit of a fools errand.

I would like to see how people are triggering their aux lighting with these cameras. It might be nice to have pitch black, but a soft aux light when something walks into frame.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@ Wildcat I'm a great fan of keeping led lights and cameras separate. In my opinion, you're less likely to suffer bloom issues with a separate light, it doesn't matter if the light fails, you buy another $10 light not a $200 camera. You can adjust the lighting up or down to suit your needs by adding / removing lights or reducing / increasing wattages. Lots of advantages to keeping lighting and cameras separate. For the same reason I keep PIR's and Lights separate.

Maybe some use for TIOC lights, but even then I have to question if a separate TIOC red and blue lighting strobe strip might not affect the camera picture as much when compared to having the built in LED's so close to the lens.
Yep agreed @CCTVCam and exactly my point above. Supplemental (off cam) light is the way to go.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
With the TIOCS, you could mould a small shield above the leds to prevent them bleeding light directly into the lens. Probably wouldn't stop atmospheric reflection though off rain / fog .