Would like the pros suggestions..

chewy14

n3wb
Reaction score
I am completely new to the scene and very glad I found this forum/community. I recently purchased a few armcrest ultraHD 4k (ip8m-2496EB) bullet cams and in need of an NVR now. Do you guys have any suggestions on a good 4k NVR that will utilize all the features and prefer not to need an additional PoE switch for around 200-250?

I was looking at Amcrest NV4116E PoE NVR but not sure if its any good. I do plan on getting some dahua starlights in the future so compatibilty will also be important.

My other option is a dahua oem NVR, but not sure which one will work with this Armcrest cams. Thanks in advance guys!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am completely new to the scene and very glad I found this forum/community. I recently purchased a few armcrest ultraHD 4k (ip8m-2496EB) bullet cams and in need of an NVR now. Do you guys have any suggestions on a good 4k NVR that will utilize all the features and prefer not to need an additional PoE switch for around 200-250?

I was looking at Amcrest NV4116E PoE NVR but not sure if its any good. I do plan on getting some dahua starlights in the future so compatibilty will also be important.

My other option is a dahua oem NVR, but not sure which one will work with this Armcrest cams. Thanks in advance guys!
It's always best to keep the NVR and the cams from the same maker, if you want all the features to work. Amcrest is mostly rebranded Dahua, so you would probably be fine with a Dahua NVR.

In the wiki at the top of the page, read the cliff notes.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Welcome Chewy,

I have the Dahua OEM NVR5216-16P-4KS2, it will work with those - there is a newer version.

You can compare the above model to your options, we have a nice long thread on that particular model - and with the newer firmware it is doing well.

chewy14

n3wb
Reaction score
@looney2ns Thanks for the input, I will keep that in mind with my hunt!

@mat200 Thanks for the welcome! Is the long thread on the Amcrest Model I mentioned or for the Dahua OEM NVER5216-16p-4KS2 that you mentioned?