Xeoma VMS Surveillance Software

Reaction score
This member posted a positive review of Xeoma in exchange for a FREE license and failed to disclose same. Consider every review you see about Xeoma suspect. Considering that it is a Russian company - beware.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@christianbale13 So apparently Xeoma is offering free licenses for reviews. Particularly troubling is the fact that you failed to mention this on your "review". Honestly is the best policy. Your post is nothing but spam.
Get Xeoma software licenses for free!

Edit: they have since removed this line from their page.
  • Don't have your blog? Post a review of Xeoma to 10 other popular sites (or forums) that are active and not spam sites/forums.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Only Adbots first post is a review of something nobody ever heard of before.. sooo obvious.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Only Adbots first post is a review of something nobody ever heard of before.. sooo obvious.
He's actually not a bot...just someone trying to get a free license...worse than a bot in many ways...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
nope, not at all.. I post reviews on this site in exchange for freebies, however I disclose this clearly when it happens and I give honest feedback/opinions.. I criticize and scrutinize and not just check off all the things I like while ignoring anything I dont like.. oh and I contribute much more to the forums than simply these reviews.

you've turned your self into an AdBot, congrats.. let us know when you get the free will upgrade.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm certainly not likely to use software from a company the resorts to crowd sourced spamming for their marketing.

I recommend the free version of Milestone or buying Blue Iris.

Most the spam christianbale13 has posted to other forums on the net has been deleted already :)
If you want to take advantage of their sleazy marketing at least go the blog route instead of spamming 10 forums.

Last edited:

jasauders

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, this makes me feel a little strange. Once upon a time I was leaning towards Xeoma, but I couldn't get the hang of the interface. Being a Linux fan and wanting to stick with it at all costs, I ended up on Bluecherry, where I'm quite happy. /shrug

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried Xeoma some time ago and although it works, I really don't like its interface.

Reaction score
nope, not at all.. I post reviews on this site in exchange for freebies, however I disclose this clearly when it happens and I give honest feedback/opinions.. I criticize and scrutinize and not just check off all the things I like while ignoring anything I dont like.. oh and I contribute much more to the forums than simply these reviews.

you've turned your self into an AdBot, congrats.. let us know when you get the free will upgrade.

Edited by fenderman...
blah blah blah, I lied and got busted

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry everyone got so butt-hurt, not sorry.
Great. This thread will still stand (I am deleting the fake review though) so that everyone sees two things.
1) You purposely deceived users of this forum by not disclosing that you are posting in a effort to get a free license.
2) Every Review of Xeoma must be taken with a grain of salt as there are likely many fake reviews such as yours.

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We got a much larger problem with Xeoma than we do with you bro, Good Software will stand on its own and dont need a carrot waved infront of there users to give good public feedback..

The internet dont work this way, anytime someone or some company tries to take control of what the internet thinks its guaranteed to backfire.. see Streisand effect - Wikipedia

now we have an obligation to make everyone aware that Xeoma reviews are fake..

Reaction score
We got a much larger problem with Xeoma than we do with you bro, Good Software will stand on its own and dont need a carrot waved infront of there users to give good public feedback..

The internet dont work this way, anytime someone or some company tries to take control of what the internet thinks its guaranteed to backfire.. see Streisand effect - Wikipedia

now we have an obligation to make everyone aware that Xeoma reviews are fake..
Edited by fenderman...
blah blah blah, I lied and got busted.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The FTC’s Endorsement Guides: What People Are Asking | Federal Trade Commission

Many people enjoy sharing their fondness for a particular product or service with their social networks.

If you write about how much you like something you bought on your own and you’re not being rewarded, you don’t have to worry. However, if you’re doing it as part of a sponsored campaign or you’re being compensated – for example, getting a discount on a future purchase or being entered into a sweepstakes for a significant prize – then a disclosure is appropriate.
The shit storm happened because you did not disclose what you were doing; and according to the Federal Trade Commission; both you and Xeoma are guilty of perpetuating fraudulent and deceptive marketing practices.

Had you simply disclosed what you were doing right out of the gate; you'd of avoided this shit storm in its entirety.

Reaction score
The FTC’s Endorsement Guides: What People Are Asking | Federal Trade Commission

The shit storm happened because you did not disclose what you were doing; and according to the Federal Trade Commission; both you and Xeoma are guilty of perpetuating fraudulent and deceptive marketing practices.

Had you simply disclosed what you were doing right out of the gate; you'd of avoided this shit storm in its entirety.
Then why not just report it to the FTC and not be a whiny bitch about it.

Also, I'll just lie next time and say I bought it, good job.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then why not just report it to the FTC and not be a whiny bitch about it.

Also, I'll just lie next time and say I bought it, good job.
The only whiny bitch here is your pathetic lil dickless self..

next time you wont be posting here cause we all know your a lying lil piece of shit..

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Edited by fenderman...
blah blah blah, I lied and got busted
Bullshit...You posted the same review on multiple forums so that you can get a free license...You are a shill and a fraud...Just like those reviewers on Amazon who write reviews in exchange for a discount without disclosing same so we can ignore those FAKE reviews... Nothing you say is believable at this point..You were busted lying to us...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bullshit...You posted the same review on multiple forums so that you can get a free license...You are a shill and a fraud...Just like those reviewers on Amazon who write reviews in exchange for a discount without disclosing same so we can ignore those FAKE reviews... Nothing you say is believable at this point..You were busted lying to us...
The only whiny bitch here is your pathetic lil dickless self..

next time you wont be posting here cause we all know your a lying lil piece of shit..
Don't get your panties in a bunch ladies. I win, you lose. Deal with it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't get your panties in a bunch ladies. I win, you lose. Deal with it.
Actually you lose. You have been outed as a fraud. Xeoma loses as well, they have been outed as fraudsters. You seem to be pissed because a little detective work exposed your scam and lies. On this forum it is not tolerated.