2mp 12x dahua rebranded dome deal

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I still can't believe you guys got them for that price. I guess I don't visit the forum often enough.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It had to be a mistake or maybe a disgruntled employee getting even with the company by selling it for a ridiculously low price with the 85 month warranty. I wonder how many hundreds were sold at that price?

Thanks again to fenderman for that great find. Glad I stayed up late on the forum that night. :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It had to be a mistake or maybe a disgruntled employee getting even with the company by selling it for a ridiculously low price with the 85 month warranty. I wonder how many hundreds were sold at that price?

Thanks again to fenderman for that great find. Glad I stayed up late on the forum that night. :)
No problem...I had an alert set at slickdeals so I was notified...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had my doubts on the rebate showing up on this camera deal but I'm happy to say it arrived today. :)
This is now officially the sweetest camera deal of all time (well, I guess we should wait for the check to clear :))

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is now officially the sweetest camera deal of all time (well, I guess we should wait for the check to clear :))
Actually it's a American Express rebate card, so it should be good. :D Yep, that's the best deal I've ever heard of on a outdoor PTZ camera. Glad you found that deal.

marzian

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anybody have trouble with longer runs? I mounted my camera maybe 150 ft away and two different POE+ injectors fail to power it. Not sure what to think. With 15w power requirements, the distance should not be an issue. The ethernet cable works well with another POE camera. Any ideas?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anybody have trouble with longer runs? I mounted my camera maybe 150 ft away and two different POE+ injectors fail to power it. Not sure what to think. With 15w power requirements, the distance should not be an issue. The ethernet cable works well with another POE camera. Any ideas?
Have you verified it works on a short cable? What kind of cable are you using? Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6? Is it solid copper or is it CCA (copper-clad aluminum)?

bguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There's lots of crap cable being sold as network cable, and I think you bought one of them. Are you sure it's really copper? Copper clad aluminum would really add to the issue. You can test it by stripping some wires and putting them in a lighter flame. Al melts, Cu doesn't.

Another issue is, you terminated the cable yourself. Did you get Cat 6 plugs? Cat6 ends expect 23 gauge, so tiny wires may not terminate as well. You might have better luck terminating it with Cat5 ends.

marzian

n3wb
Reaction score
There's lots of crap cable being sold as network cable, and I think you bought one of them. Are you sure it's really copper? Copper clad aluminum would really add to the issue. You can test it by stripping some wires and putting them in a lighter flame. Al melts, Cu doesn't.

Another issue is, you terminated the cable yourself. Did you get Cat 6 plugs? Cat6 ends expect 23 gauge, so tiny wires may not terminate as well. You might have better luck terminating it with Cat5 ends.
I did use cat5 connectors because of the 26 gauge.
The darnedest thing happened today though. I got fed up and decided to connect the 24V power brick while still using the same ethernet connection. While setting things up, I connected the 24V source for a mere second. That jump started the camera and it runs smoothly now on POE+ alone. I had a suspicion that the high resistance of the cable may interfere with the POE+ negotiation process more than anything else. Amazing! I will be at square one though any time the camera loses power temporarily.

The cable was a mistake, which I didn't realize on time.