2mp 12x dahua rebranded dome deal

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Me too. I guess it will come down to the rebate. Either way still a great deal.
I'm still wondering what the catch is. It's hard to imagine any business selling a 12x PTZ IP camera for that price and then offering a $120 rebate. Time will tell. :)

You'll probably get yours before I do. Mine was shipped from Georgia, so I won't get it until next week, since I'm in the Pacific Northwest. :sad2:

Last edited by a moderator:

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm still wondering what the catch is. It's hard to imagine any business selling a 12x PTZ IP camera for that price and then offering a $120 rebate. Time will tell. :)

You'll probably get yours before I do. Mine was shipped from Georgia, so I won't get it until next week, since I'm in the Pacific Northwest. :sad2:

Hopefully is not a dud, but if the rebate goes thru without issues I don't mind losing $50 for the gamble. Will see. Mine is scheduled for delivery Friday, but just checked the tracking number and it actually arrived to my location today. Maybe I'll get lucky and get it delivered tomorrow :D.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully is not a dud, but if the rebate goes thru without issues I don't mind losing $50 for the gamble. Will see. Mine is scheduled for delivery Friday, but just checked the tracking number and it actually arrived to my location today. Maybe I'll get lucky and get it delivered tomorrow :D.
The camera is a dahua, it likely wont be a dud, they make solid cameras..

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone got it? curious how it works at night without IRs.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone got it? curious how it works at night without IRs.
Mine is scheduled for delivery next Tuesday (10/6). DJ will probably get his first. I'm curious about that too. Hope it does well with low light.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Good luck guys, gotta love a deal.
Definitely a great deal! I had it in my cart too at midnight while I was already in bed, but decided to pass on it, wife wouldn't approve it (she is already giving me a hard time with the 3 PTZ cameras I had installed around house). Looks like Lare really needs it. His arsenal of cameras is ancient ;)

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like Lare really needs it. His arsenal of cameras is ancient ;)
Haha, you are right. My Trendnet cameras are very old and don't have IR's, but I use them in a couple of rooms inside the house, so will probably continue using them since they work well. The Foscam's and the Dericam's need to be replaced though. My problem is that I'm running out of places to install them. I'll probably mount the 12x PTZ camera on my garage when it arrives next week. Will be able to zoom in on license plates on cars that go by (at least during the day). :)

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here it is! Will be playing with it this weekend, so I'll post some more info and sample videos. I'm curious how is going to perform at night. The good thing is that I have IR lights already in the area, so hopefully it will be enough for a decent night picture. Will see.

Attachments

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I doubt the camera has ir cut filter, at least the specs don't say anything about having it.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I doubt the camera has ir cut filter, at least the specs don't say anything about having it.
I'm still such a noob at all of this, that I didn't even considered the IR cut filter. I'm glad the camera specs show it does, so I'll find out this weekend. This is looking to be a such killer deal like @fenderman originally posted. Definitely glad for the heads up when he noticed the deal. Thanks @fenderman!

Last edited by a moderator:

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here it is! Will be playing with it this weekend, so I'll post some more info and sample videos. I'm curious how is going to perform at night. The good thing is that I have IR lights already in the area, so hopefully it will be enough for a decent night picture. Will see.
This may be a dumb question, but what are all those extra wires hanging out for? There should only be a RJ45 and a power supply connection right? Those extra wires make me nervous. :laugh: You get it up and running yet?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Every big PTZ I've had has an RJ45 and a bunch of loose wires. The loose wires are typically for AC 24 volt power, ground, audio/alarm ins and outs, and maybe some for serial connections. This particular model is supposed to have PoE so you can just ignore the loose wires.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Larebear Dont fear the wires. More wires = better :D
Thanks fenderman. Whew, was a little worried about all those wires. Guess I can just tape them up and get them out of the way when my camera arrives. :)

Every big PTZ I've had has an RJ45 and a bunch of loose wires. The loose wires are typically for AC 24 volt power, ground, audio/alarm ins and outs, and maybe some for serial connections. This particular model is supposed to have PoE so you can just ignore the loose wires.
Thanks bp. That's great to know. The two Poker PTZ cameras that I have didn't have the extra wires, so was a little worried about having to run some extra wiring. That's good news that these cameras include PoE. I didn't realize that. Most likely have to use a PoE+ switch to handle the extra power that the motors require right?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That's good news that these cameras include PoE. I didn't realize that. Most likely have to use a PoE+ switch to handle the extra power that the motors require right?
It says POE+ but it also says that the power consumption is 12w which is in the standard poe range....the specs also indicate a heater so maybe thats why it needs more power...The larger ptz's have strong IR and therefore require poe+ ...you may be ok running the camera off a poe switch if you dont use the heater..I have never tried but i believe that a poe+ device will still try and draw power from a standard poe switch...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a very similar 12x 2mp dahua model (paid over $500 for it of course. lol) and I got a PoE+ switch specifically for it.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It says POE+ but it also says that the power consumption is 12w which is in the standard poe range....the specs also indicate a heater so maybe thats why it needs more power...The larger ptz's have strong IR and therefore require poe+ ...you may be ok running the camera off a poe switch if you dont use the heater..I have never tried but i believe that a poe+ device will still try and draw power from a standard poe switch...
I might just use the included power adapter instead of using PoE. The camera will be mounted close to a 110 volt outlet that's inside the garage.

The camera should be delivered today or tomorrow according to the tracking. It was shipped using UPS but is being transferred to USPS.