2mp 12x dahua rebranded dome deal

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Camera was delivered today. Just finished unpacking it. Looks and feels like a well built camera. Will try to get it up and running later today.

Power adapter has two bare wires coming out of it which will have to be soldered to wires coming from the camera. There are 3 wires coming from the camera for power. Two are labeled for 24 volts AC and one says earth ground. Also included are a pair of gloves, a CD and a allen wrench. Not sure what the gloves are for. There's also 7 wires for audio and alarm. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am still in awe that they even delivered the cameras. Next step is going to be to see if the rebates come back in 2 years or not... still bummed I didn't get in on this one too.

Can't wait to see some images/video from these.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am still in awe that they even delivered the cameras. Next step is going to be to see if the rebates come back in 2 years or not... still bummed I didn't get in on this one too.
Is not like we ordered the cameras from China :D

As far as the rebate, I sent the rebate paperwork the day after I received the camera, so it's a waiting game for me now. For some reason I think this will work out just as expected. *fingers crossed*

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It took about 5 minutes to get it up and running. I used Fing to find its IP address which ended up being 192.168.1.108. I haven't set a static IP for it yet. Didn't need to use the CD or any special software.

Standard PoE can't handle the power draw so I guess PoE+ would be required. I tried PoE first before connecting the power brick and the camera just made a clicking sound. I just have it laying on a table right now. Here's a snapshot from the camera itself. I'm using FireFox for the browser but IE works too.

Attachments

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here's a couple of captures of the browser interface and one of the settings menus. These are all default settings. I haven't changed anything yet. The first capture shows the camera partially zoomed in on the washing machine. I can hardly wait to get this thing mounted outside. :D So far it's looking good.

Sent the rebate in today, so will see how that works out.

Attachments

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here's one more capture taken in complete darkness, no lights, blinds shut, pitch black.

I have a question. If this camera doesn't have IR LED's, how is it able to see in the dark with no light source?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If this camera doesn't have IR LED's, how is it able to see in the dark with no light source?
Check out the direction of the shadows on the door handles bottom left for the light source.
If that was pitch black to the human eye - the camera is pretty good!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, that is incredible low light capability..

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I doubt this is a real low light, it looks like it's picking up ir light from one of his cameras which is bounced of walls/ceiling. If its not the case here, it looks great. With light source it looks excellent though, better than mini ptz.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah this line of Dahua cameras has good low light sensitivity. Even better once you get it outside where other IR cams are flooding the area with light.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow, that is incredible low light capability..
Oops, I forgot about an old indoor Dericam PT camera that I had installed in an adjoining room. That did give the new camera some extra help with lighting. I unplugged the Dericam late last night and took another snapshot. The Dahua still did a pretty good job in the completely dark room. There were no other IR cameras helping it this time. Here's the capture.

Attachments

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah this line of Dahua cameras has good low light sensitivity. Even better once you get it outside where other IR cams are flooding the area with light.
It will be installed close to two other IR cameras which should help at night. Also have a couple of outdoor garage lights that automatically come on at dusk which should help.