2mp 12x dahua rebranded dome deal

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Besides the normal 'admin' account, this camera shows two other accounts. I tried to delete them but was unable to. Anyone know what these other accounts are for? One has admin access and the other has user access.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Those accounts are common on Dahua cameras. Just change their passwords to something random so they can't be exploited. The default passwords are the same as the user names.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have found one problem with this camera. Vertical tilt works fine and is very fast. There's a problem with horizontal pan. It's very slow and jerky as if something is slipping. This happens in both the browser interface and BI. It will eventually pan to the left and right but is very slow. Vertical presets work fine but it won't go to a horizontal preset even though it acts like it's trying. :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have found one problem with this camera. Vertical tilt works fine and is very fast. There's a problem with horizontal pan. It's very slow and jerky as if something is slipping. This happens in both the browser interface and BI. It will eventually pan to the left and right but is very slow. Vertical presets work fine but it won't go to a horizontal preset even though it acts like it's trying. :(
Confirm that the camera is getting sufficient power and that your run is not too long. That is not normal operation.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you uninstalled the glass dome cover and remove the protecting padding? There's also two silica gel packs, one of them is not secured to anything.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, that's the problem. Easy fix. :) Remember those gloves? lol
That was it. Thanks!!! There is one gel pack that fell out. The other one is in the back and attached to something. Tried to get it out with long nose pliers but didn't want to break it open, so gave up. It doesn't seem to be causing a problem anyways.

This info about removing the dome is probably in the instructions on the CD right? I never took the CD out of the package. Guess I should read the manual. :rolleyes:

Forgot about the gloves too. LOL

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I really like to have (mic) audio input available with all my IP cameras but many outdoor cameras these days don't support an audio input (mic). Now that Ken has updated BI recently to support audio from one camera that uses a mic input to include the audio in multiple cameras that are installed close to the mic camera that do not support audio, this worked out to be great additional feature!

I took an old Sharx camera (the first IP camera that I purchased about 7 years ago) and installed it in my garage. It has the best input (mic) audio of any IP camera that I've ever had. The video from the camera is VGA and sucks but decided to utilize the audio with the new (re-branded) Dahua PTZ camera. The external mic attached to the old Sharx camera is mounted outside but under the garage eave, so it's protected from weather.

Just thought I would mention this in case someone has an old indoor IP camera that has great audio but lousy video. With BI, it won't go to waste. :peaceful:

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Larebear I finished installing the cam today and will post some pics and videos soon. I added the cam to my Hikvision NVR and so far no issues, but I was having some problems controlling the PTZ from within the camera's web gui and NVR. The Pan/Tilt would work at times, but others it will continue moving or pan/tilt too far. Speed settings didn't seems to work at all, so I thought maybe the NVR was causing problems or maybe I had network lag. Playing with the settings I changed the Network PTZ control from ICR-SD1 to ICR-SD3 and everything is smooth as butter now. If by any chance you are having similar issues, try changing it and see if it makes a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks djangel. I did notice the ICR-SD1 & 3 settings but wasn't sure what they were for so I had left mine at the default of SD1. The SD3 setting does seem to have improved stability in the PTZ controls using IE for the browser. PTZ in BI seems to work a little better too. Thanks for the info.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here are some pics showing the PTZ location and day/night picture quality. I decided to replace my driveway Hik 2032/6mm with it, but was a bit worried it was going to look too big for my taste. Luckily I was able to fit the whole mount inside the eave as I wanted. The only problem is that since the camera is back in the eave and close to the soffit, when I zoom out down the road I get a little glare and fade at the top of the image, but not too bad. Just a little trade off for being able to mount it where I wanted. Overall I'm pretty happy with the camera and the way the installation location turned out. Also, I get a better picture quality at night than my previous camera, since it uses the IR illuminator for my driveway really good. As far as camera settings, I still haven't played too much with them, since defaults values are pretty good. Eventually I'll tweak them some more and see if I can get any improvements. I'm attaching some pics of my previous camera and IR for comparison.

Attachments

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The mounting is different, but looks good and much better than the long neck tear drop base it has.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got an email today that the rebate has been processed and accepted and that I should receive the rebate in 5 to 7 business days. Biggest rebate I ever had. :)