2nd Amendment thread

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is a powerful security cam video. There are lessons to be learned here.

The judge pulled out his pistol after he was shot. He dropped it and then picked it up. He then shot the perp. He stayed in the fight and ultimately prevailed.

Both the judge and the perp were shot at least once, probably more than once. That first shot did not bring either of them down. The 'one-shot-stop' is more or less a myth in real life situations. If you ever have to use your firearm, keep shooting until the perp is no longer a threat.
keep shooting until the perp is no longer a threat.

So True, when I was in elementary school, my father taught me that in a fight to never stop swigging/hitting until the other person stops throwing punches or gives up. One punch will only make them madder :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon Watts lives in Carmel, In, is a complete and total ditz, and is a known shill for Bloomburg, even tho she denies it.
Cars registered to Bloomburg are seen regularly at her home.
You're likely familiar also with Des Harris in South bend.

A quote from him:

“My strategy has been to create engaging experiences that honor survivors, teach our community about different campaigns, spread the word about state and national legislative actions, and create space for youth and others to speak to how gun violence has affected them,” Des said.
Not a word about trying to strengthen the core family, the importance of a father in the home and bringing back God in our homes and schools, not a mention of how and why this violence comes about.....apparently he, like most libs, feel these guns jump into the hands of their holder without their permission or knowledge and then aim and fire themselves...much like the revolver that Alec Baldwin held. :drool::screwy:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You're likely familiar also with Des Harris in South bend.

A quote from him:

“My strategy has been to create engaging experiences that honor survivors, teach our community about different campaigns, spread the word about state and national legislative actions, and create space for youth and others to speak to how gun violence has affected them,” Des said.
Not a word about trying to strengthen the core family, the importance of a father in the home and bringing back God in our homes and schools, not a mention of how and why this violence comes about.....apparently he, like most libs, feel these guns jump into the hands of their holder without their permission or knowledge and then aim and fire themselves...much like the revolver that Alec Baldwin held. :drool::screwy:
He was trained well by the former mayor.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know what you guys are thinking and going to say, that video was about more Gun Regulations. Well I saw it different, more Gun Education and Respect for Guns. As many of you have stated, you grew up with guns. We need to teach our youth. They are being taught in video games where you respawn after you die, of course this is not reality and actually degrades the value of Life, IMO.

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know what you guys are thinking and going to say, that video was about more Gun Regulations. Well I saw it different, more Gun Education and Respect for Guns. As many of you have stated, you grew up with guns. We need to teach our youth. They are being taught in video games where you respawn after you die, of course this is not reality and actually degrades the value of Life, IMO.
"more Gun Education and Respect for Guns" That's the key. That's the way it was when I was a kid 60+ years ago.

Reaction score
For all the idiots posting bullshit since the latest shooting and murder in a Gun Free Zone, it seems like common sense is prevailing in the big picture.

It looks like Florida will have Constitutional Carry-- a bill went to the desk of DeSantis.
Additionally, Nebraska has a CC bill advancing with almost certain passage --- with the support of 4 DEMOCRATS!

EDIT: that would make 27 States with constitutional carry.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The video makes some really horrible and disingenuous comparisons, as though "all things are equal". They aren't, but that is typical propaganda bs from "Comedey" Central.
Switzerland is smaller than many states in size and population. The Demographics of Switzerland is very homogeneous-- more than 93% white europeans with different nationalities represented. Turn them into the melting pot that is the US and see how well other cultures adapt to the Swiss version of society. Odds are, like in the US, other cultures will demand the Swiss adapt to them. Conflict results. That conflict is seen in France and other countries with arabic/muslim immigrants.

An example in the US is seen in the stats for homicide: Blacks, at 13% of the population, account for 53% of the homicides in this country. I don't know that gun education and respect for guns can bridge this cultural phenomena that few people really want to discuss because it sounds racist. It's not-- it's cultural and generational, and one symptom of the severe issues within that culture.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The video makes some really horrible and disingenuous comparisons, as though "all things are equal". They aren't, but that is typical propaganda bs from "Comedey" Central.
Switzerland is smaller than many states in size and population. The Demographics of Switzerland is very homogeneous-- more than 93% white europeans with different nationalities represented. Turn them into the melting pot that is the US and see how well other cultures adapt to the Swiss version of society. Odds are, like in the US, other cultures will demand the Swiss adapt to them. Conflict results. That conflict is seen in France and other countries with arabic/muslim immigrants.

An example in the US is seen in the stats for homicide: Blacks, at 13% of the population, account for 53% of the homicides in this country. I don't know that gun education and respect for guns can bridge this cultural phenomena that few people really want to discuss because it sounds racist. It's not-- it's cultural and generational, and one symptom of the severe issues within that culture.
iirc a lot of homicide in the USA associated with gang violence .. including the "children" killed .. the 16-17 year old gang members ..