2nd Amendment thread

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
At one time I did black powder. Measure the components (S,KNO3, homemade charcoal. I even chopped
down the Willow Tree), ball mill the whole mess, press into "pucks" w/ 12 ton press, dry the pucks and now for corning.
Corning involves breaking the pucks up (the pucks sound like china when breaking apart) then screening for size then
breaking up the bigger pieces. Now comes the boom part! Worked well with my 50 cal. Hawken.
Store bought BP can be cheap if found.

I wanted to give this a try. When we lived in Spain, we would watch them even reload 22 shells. Reloading
primers too, was a sight to see.

Reaction score
OK... first round through the Taurus G3c...

I shot about 60 rounds today, and this 10 rounds was the tightest result at about 10 yards-- and the last 10 rounds I shot.
2 Flyers further out low and 2 left, but a good group in the middle there-- albeit 2.5" low and ~1.5" to the left of aimpoint. hmmmm.
The first groups had some ugly spread but narrowed as I shot more. All were low and left.

1690308312878.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Low left is normal for right handed shooters of course.

Tighter grip with the support hand, less finger in trigger are my first go-to corrections, ( when i shot IDPA a lot, you could hear me running through the stage telling myself "Left Hand! Left Hand!" )

Thats still a dead bad guy

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yup. Recoil anticipation/pulling the trigger instead of squeezing the trigger. Practice trigger pull by holding an empty 500ml Ozarka water bottle with the cap on tight. Move the finger back and forth just enough to hear the plastic crack.
The trigger on this has a long travel, then you hit resistance and you have have to increase the pull strength to hit that click.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That makes sense in a pistol that small. Still 2.5" low and 1.5" left is something you can work with at 10yds...Its not a precision gun but you'll get it sorted out. Grouping fine

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
We had a good drill I recall learning from Jerry Jones with OpSpec Training that might help you. Jerry called it the "bump drill" (Which I think he got from Bruce Gray)

Basically start at 3yds and work your way back over time. But distance isnt the real thing.

Come up on target, take out the slop/slack until you feel the wall.
Now with tiny movements, press the trigger a little bit and relax the takeup you just got, again a little more and let back out (maintain contact with the trigger and the wall dont let the slop creep in) again a little more (1/32 -1/64" more each time each time maybe?) until the Bang surprises you.
The idea was to see how many perceptible "bumps" you can get before the bang. Each bump you're taking a little more of the wall.
In theory you can do it dry firing as well.

Do that for a couple of hours straight (I think we did it for like 50-100 rounds) and you'll have a MUCH better feel for your trigger!

Here's Bruce talking about it.

Reaction score
We had a good drill I recall learning from Jerry Jones with OpSpec Training that might help you. Jerry called it the "bump drill" (Which I think he got from Bruce Gray)

Basically start at 3yds and work your way back over time. But distance isnt the real thing.

Come up on target, take out the slop/slack until you feel the wall.
Now with tiny movements, press the trigger a little bit and relax the takeup you just got, again a little more and let back out (maintain contact with the trigger and the wall dont let the slop creep in) again a little more (1/32 -1/64" more each time each time maybe?) until the Bang surprises you.
The idea was to see how many perceptible "bumps" you can get before the bang. Each bump you're taking a little more of the wall.
In theory you can do it dry firing as well.

Do that for a couple of hours straight (I think we did it for like 50-100 rounds) and you'll have a MUCH better feel for your trigger!

Here's Bruce talking about it.
I was told something very similar! I wanted to start at 3 yards-- but I had to work with people that were already at the range. I figured that was ok-- just wanted to shoot the gun and start to get a feel for it. I was looking at that target paper again, and none of my shots would have been off the torso. In fact-- all the shots would have been contained in about the middle 60~70% of a torso. That said-- I still want that grouping to happen on top of the bullseye. :thumb: :cool:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
The blonde guy is a twat! Everyone of my firearms were bought to make little holes in paper. ;)