2nd Amendment thread

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Uvalde called. They found the hero they needed.
Sadly he will probably be fired.
I love how people claim Uvalde cops didn’t intervene because school was Hispanic. All of the cops were Hispanic!
But being a cop right now, you shoot you are a racist trigger happy cop. You don’t shoot you are a racist who wanted the victims dead. It’s a no win situation right now.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well these are the same people who say “AR” stands for “automatic rifle” or “assault rifle”. Umm no, stands for “Armalite”.
They seem to always include an AK-47 in their sentence/statement too. Of course they have to include Russia, since everything is their fault also...LOL

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We just came back from Carrabba's for lunch, a nice Italian restaurant. We have not been there in years, their meals are $20 and higher and they use to only be open evenings. Anyway, we talked about going somewhere nice this weekend after going to my Wife's sisters Funeral Friday.
Just wanted to share, this is in the Woodlands, an upper class community North of where we live. As patrons, we were the minority, according to color, oh the staff shared our color. So my point is, where is our supposed Privilege? Since the Democracks have been throwing it out there along with all their other Nonsense, we have noticed quite the opposite where we live, North of Houston.

To add a comment about the video, a quote from Democracks, "No One is Above the Law" LADY!!!
Hey Neighbor! I’m in Pearland. And same as you, demographics have changed DRASTICALLY here. I’m a minority in the town now. This area is far from “conservative Texans” now.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Neighbor! I’m in Pearland. And same as you, demographics have changed DRASTICALLY here. I’m a minority in the town now. This area is far from “conservative Texans” now.
Really hope Harris County gets some Conservative Judges back come this election. Crime is through the roof with these Democraks Judges. They are letting everyone out on Personal Recognizance Bonds just for them commit more crimes.

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Really hope Harris County gets some Conservative Judges back come this election. Crime is through the roof with these Democraks Judges. They are letting everyone out on Personal Recognizance Bonds just for them commit more crimes.
Sadly I don’t see that happening. Houston has always been largely democratic, so people would move to out suburbs, Pearland, Katy, Woodlands, etc. But ever since Katrina, with the flood of newly located dems, they flooded Houston even more and now pushing them out to suburbs. I really think this state will turn blue within the next 10 years.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sadly I don’t see that happening. Houston has always been largely democratic, so people would move to out suburbs, Pearland, Katy, Woodlands, etc. But ever since Katrina, with the flood of newly located dems, they flooded Houston even more and now pushing them out to suburbs. I really think this state will turn blue within the next 10 years.
Yeah, I was one who did not keep up with elections/politics until little over a decade ago, well when Bush Jr. was POTUS. I started watching the major cities in Texas and how they voted. I was surprised that all the major cities had a higher percentage Democrat vote. Austin, well that is 70-30, Dems. no surprise there. Dallas was about 60-40, Dems. I think San Antonio was close to Dallas and Houston was 50-50 with Dems lately having a slight lead. Pretty much the rest of the state's counties were Red except for the Valley. This was the Presidential elections that is.

To keep on topic, been looking lately at land in those Red counties, good ole gun totin' folks there :)

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, I was one who did not keep up with elections/politics until little over a decade ago, well when Bush Jr. was POTUS. I started watching the major cities in Texas and how they voted. I was surprised that all the major cities had a higher percentage Democrat vote. Austin, well that is 70-30, Dems. no surprise there. Dallas was about 60-40, Dems. I think San Antonio was close to Dallas and Houston was 50-50 with Dems lately having a slight lead. Pretty much the rest of the state's counties were Red except for the Valley. This was the Presidential elections that is.

To keep on topic, been looking lately at land in those Red counties, good ole gun totin' folks there :)
Yea I wish I didn’t work in league city and am far from retirement. You can buy 1.5 acres in Angleton for 20k! I’d love to move out there and build a house. But don’t want the 1.5 hour commute. My truck only gets 10 mpg and don’t want to waste a quarter of my day driving to and from work. Been there done that and promised myself I’d never do it again lol So guess I have to wait until retirement ‍♀

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For the last few years, every time I have gone to a gun show here in Texas, I have noticed the ever-increasing numbers of women at the show. Also there have been lots of women buying guns at the show as one can see them filling out the paperwork.

Sometimes they are with a guy and are discussing which one to buy, sometimes they are with other women having the same discussion. I have had a couple ask me what my opinion was on a specific gun. I always tell them that no matter which one they get, to take a training class on how to use it. Most of these women have been first time buyers and all have stated that they are buying for personal protection.
I guess I do fall into this category. Within the last few years I have acquired 8 different guns, of all types. However I have taken professional classes and practiced several times a week until I got comfortable. And yes main purpose was for personal protection, however fell in love with shooting as a hobby in the meantime! Don’t count on anyone but myself to protect me and my home.

Reaction score
I guess I do fall into this category. Within the last few years I have acquired 8 different guns, of all types. However I have taken professional classes and practiced several times a week until I got comfortable. And yes main purpose was for personal protection, however fell in love with shooting as a hobby in the meantime! Don’t count on anyone but myself to protect me and my home.
Years ago I used to shoot IDPA matches at Pearland Shooting Club (PSC). But have not been there in over 10 years. I don't think they even have an IDPA club anymore.

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Years ago I used to shoot IDPA matches at Pearland Shooting Club (PSC). But have not been there in over 10 years. I don't think they even have an IDPA club anymore.
my goodness there are so many locals on this site! Crazy!

I have never been there but they are still around. They do USPSA which is similar to IDPA. Finding a good outdoor range around here has been an obstacle. Don’t care to shoot my rifle at the indoor range I go to. And I’m not too fond of the indoor range either, due to the overwhelmingly majority of young “thugs” who go there playing around with their girlfriends trying to shoot with 6 inch heels and 5 inch nails. Again, a Pearland “diversity “ issue. So annoying. But it’s super convenient to where I live. That’s why I wish I could move to Angleton so I can have my own “range” to play on in my back yard. Oh the dream. One day.

Reaction score
San Antonio is certainly governed by a bunch of Demonturds, but I believe it is split about 60/40 libs vs cons. I know I live up on 281 North outside of the town (Comal County) and on my block of 8 homes, there are 2, maybe three that are Conservative. The rest are liberal and SCREAMING liberals. TDS still runs strong amongst them. It really is a shame that they have put politics above being neighbors first. There is a house down the the street that has a sign..'Mothers against Abbot' I should report them, but I won't. I believe it is their right. Like it or not.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
The bullshit from the FBI never stops does it?

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The bullshit from the FBI never stops does it?

this number probably will go up even more since Texas finally has constitutional carry. But who knows if it will be reported as such. Very true that we never hear of these cases.

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score