2nd Amendment thread

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The thing that gets me is that somehow the Government has to grant you the right to self defense. What the hell is going on when that is the case? If someone threatens me, or my family, with physical violence and makes the "moves" to do so, they will be met with all the force I can muster at that moment be it a fist, foot, club or gun. I, intrinsically as a free person in a "free" society, have the right to defend myself from aggressors. The government cannot do that effectively unless they are going to assign a police officer to each person for their protection. It's always interesting that our political leaders have people with automatic, full automatic not semi-automatic, weapons protecting them while they tell us to be sheep and let criminals do as they wish. The hypocrisy they display is beyond comprehension to me, especially when an entire government does it on a nationwide basis. Even worse, the population is so kowtowed they go along with it, giving up one of the most basic rights we have as humans.

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
.556 X-Tac 55gr coming down. Now $.70 per round in case quantities.

It’s a start
RELOADING is the way to go.. when it comes back down to .24 per round, then we can just keep stock piling reloading pills for the next bout.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It all sounds great in theory. If someone seems to be a threat, they don't have access to a gun. The only problem is that legally purchasing a gun at a gun store is not the only way to get your hands on a gun. In fact, it's rarely the method of getting a gun in most homicide cases in US cities. These guns are stolen. So background checks, red flag laws, or any other silly/feel-good legislation would not have done squat to prevent the criminal from doing what he was set out to do.

A murderer will find a tool to carry out his intentions. Blocking him from legally buying that tool will not remove the murderous intent from his brain. He will find a way. Criminals do not follow laws. They are criminals.
Isn't the point of security to stop theft? Not sure these are silly feel good measures. They clearly work. US highest rate of gun crime in the world. UK one of the lowest. Not saying either country has it entirely right, but there are things we can learn from each other.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The thing that gets me is that somehow the Government has to grant you the right to self defense. What the hell is going on when that is the case? If someone threatens me, or my family, with physical violence and makes the "moves" to do so, they will be met with all the force I can muster at that moment be it a fist, foot, club or gun. I, intrinsically as a free person in a "free" society, have the right to defend myself from aggressors. The government cannot do that effectively unless they are going to assign a police officer to each person for their protection. It's always interesting that our political leaders have people with automatic, full automatic not semi-automatic, weapons protecting them while they tell us to be sheep and let criminals do as they wish. The hypocrisy they display is beyond comprehension to me, especially when an entire government does it on a nationwide basis. Even worse, the population is so kowtowed they go along with it, giving up one of the most basic rights we have as humans.

Call me a cinic but moving away from gun crime to address your Government point, I believe there are 2 reasons why criminals are allowed to get away with so much:

1. Letting the poor steal, stops riots from the disaffected as they still feel they can aquire some things in life (albeit wrongly)

2. The rich make profits from insurance. No crime = no incentive to buy insurance

Often said you could stop drugs overnight - test every citizen and have a severe penalty for use eg death. It's unacceptbale but ask yourself why it's unacceptable? It unacceptble to those with something to hide. But why is it unacceptable to those without? Fear of mistake or maybe because they have a vested interest in insurance, own shops selling replacement goods, employing people in law enforcement etc. The really wealthy don't suffer crime because they're living on gated communities or in super yachts with in house security and for many having others affected by crime benefits their companies or interests.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
US highest rate of gun crime in the world.
What's the source for this? I did a lot of looking on the web and couldn't find a single place giving info about gun crime. For gun deaths, it's another story, with a lot of sources posting statistics. Some list total deaths, while others break out suicide vs. homicide, but not a single one that I found says the US has the most gun deaths on a per capita basis. The anti-gun sources like to bundle in the suicides, which look to me in the ballpark of 1/3 of the total. There are some claims that removing the half dozen or so most violent and democratic run cities from the stats makes the US look not nearly as bad for gun violence. As with everything else, statistics can be arranged any way somebody wants to show the desired outcome. With the government and large corporations in the US working feverishly to get everybody to hate each other it's no surprise there's a lot of violence. But again, I couldn't find any stats at all for gun crime. Only homicides. Nothing about non-fatal shootings, robberies, rapes, assaults, etc., which I consider crimes.

Edit: Here's a site that claims 60% of US gun deaths are suicide. Gun Violence in America
I'm not saying it's true. Just more of those pesky statistics.

Gun Deaths by Intent.jpg

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I have to differ with the US having the highest gun crime rate, per capita, in the world. Have a look at some of the Central American countries that people are fleeing to come to the US, because of the gun crime, gangs and the poverty that all produces along with their really crooked politicians.

The point of security is to provide protection. Our Constitution guarantees the right to keep and bear arms for that purpose, as well as another that was important when it was written. If I choose to provide my own security, which is an inherent right, in the US I can do it using a firearm. I own firearms and have been trained, and practice, their use. I think that I generally represent the vast, overwhelming, majority of firearm owners. Yes, I think that many of them do need more training in their use, but at least they obtained them properly under our existing laws.

The vast majority of firearm crime occurs in major cities that seem to be controlled by Liberal politicians, what I call Marxocrats. Those crimes occur with the most stringent gun control laws in place. That happens because those laws are not enforced and the criminals, if the police catch them and are permitted to arrest them, get released in times ranging from a few hours to a few days and many times without bail or exceedingly low bail. The system is being used to cultivate gun crime in my opinion and that is being done by those Liberal Marxocrats living in their gated, guarded private communities. We can speculate about the motivation behind that, but it really makes no difference. The end result is still un-necessary death and mayhem in the name of Liberalism and Marxism.

Robert Heinlein once said "An armed society is a polite society".

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
As the chart @tigerwillow1 showed clearly spells out, for the past 20-30 years, 'suicides" are lumped into the numbers of US gun deaths and generally make up 2/3 of all gun deaths in the US. (Hint: not a gun problem but a mental health problem)

Of the remaining 10,000-14,000, actual homicides, 3/4 of these occur in just a dozen or so of the over 3000 US counties.

The vast majority of these are black on black, inner city and often drug or gang related.

Thats with a population of over 320 Million

You want to see gun crime? Visit Mexico for a week.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
RELOADING is the way to go.. when it comes back down to .24 per round, then we can just keep stock piling reloading pills for the next bout.
The craziness has hit us reloaders too, unfortunately. Primers are unobtainium, especially small pistol primers. I was paying 4 cents a primer in 2019. People are now lining up to pay 25-30 cents a primer now on gunbroker. Commercial loaded 9mm used to cost less than a primer does now. Sad situation. Hopefully it will return.

Reaction score
The craziness has hit us reloaders too, unfortunately. Primers are unobtainium, especially small pistol primers. I was paying 4 cents a primer in 2019. People are now lining up to pay 25-30 cents a primer now on gunbroker. Commercial loaded 9mm used to cost less than a primer does now. Sad situation. Hopefully it will return.
Exactly...... here is the reloading section of our best-stocked outdoor sports store (Runnings). A year ago was a different story. Note the empty gun display case in the back.

1624331073464.png

Reaction score
Exactly...... here is the reloading section of our best-stocked outdoor sports store (Runnings). A year ago was a different story. Note the empty gun display case in the back.

View attachment 93164
While I would love to go shopping for ammo like in the old days (a year or so ago) I do find this quite joyful that Americans are exercising their 2nd Amendment rights! OOOO-RAH! Keep buying it, keep the Gov Liberals and Demoncrats scared.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just another hidden attack on the 2nd Amendment because this ball-less, senile old bastard will NOT ADDRESS THE REAL PROBLEM! CRIME AND WHO IS COMMITTING IT!

View attachment 93291
"rogue merchants" Can we get anymore vague... All they are gonna do is fuck with legit gun shops all while making everyone else that's ignorant think they are getting illegal guns off the streets. It will be more fees and hoops for the gun shops..

Reaction score
"rogue merchants" Can we get anymore vague... All they are gonna do is fuck with legit gun shops all while making everyone else that's ignorant think they are getting illegal guns off the streets. It will be more fees and hoops for the gun shops..
"Fast and Furious 2 - Rogue Merchants". Soon to open in a theater near you!

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Go get 'em, Governor. We need more just like you and not just in the 2A sense.....View attachment 93326

Texas Governor Abbott Signs Constitutional Carry Bill
I know a lot of other states have had this for a while I just wish they did something else. Current climate with the media being so left they are gonna use this against legal gun owners whenever there is a shooting.
I wish they reimbursed everyone that compete the class to get the license.. That way you know they went through a class.