2nd Amendment thread

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I handled guns starting at 13 yrs old, and not one of them went on a shooting rampage while under my control.
My high school parking lot was full of trucks that had gun racks in the back window, and most had a shotgun and a rifle hanging on them.
Nobody locked the trucks doors or rolled up the windows in warm weather. Not one of those guns committed an act of violence against a person or was stolen.
Shotguns used to be carried into the school and kept in your locker, because you were going hunting after school. Teachers were known to stop by and jaw jack about a students shotgun, while standing in the hall way holding it. Never harmed anyone.

I believe it is the Democratic party mental illness that has destroyed those values and the decline of morals.

The Highland Park shooter appears that there were all sorts of glaring obvious mental health issue's/warnings that his parents nor anybody else paid attention to.

Reaction score
"It was a high powered rifle" Quote from Christopher Covelli from the Lake County Major Crimes task force of Lake Highland PD.
Have you ever seen a rifle that is NOT "high powered"? How about "high caliber"?
I have more than ten rifles that are not 'high power' rifles. They are all 22LR or 22 S/L/LR chambered. Their muzzle velocities are in the 1000 -1200fps range, with bullet weights of 36-40 gr for about 130 ft lbs.

If the rifle was an AR15, then it was not a 'high caliber' rifle. The 5.56/.223 are not a large round. They can be considered high powered though, with muzzle velocities around 2700-3000fps. But there is no real definition of 'high powered', it is all relative.

My AR15 shooting 5.56 FMJ 62gr chronos at 3020fps, which is 1255 ft lbs. But my RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor ELD 147gr suppressed chronos at 2858fps which is 2666 ft lbs, more than twice the AR15.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I was making fun of the GROSS idiotic statements by anti-gun people. I've spent countless
hours at the reload stand and reading the reload charts too. 25-'06 was a fave to do.
Especially with all the surplus non-red primer 30-'06 back then.

They are wondering if they are going to;

1. Shoot their eye out.

2. Shoot their lung out.

Reaction score
I was making fun of the GROSS idiotic statements by anti-gun people. I've spent countless
hours at the reload stand and reading the reload charts too. 25-'06 was a fave to do.
Especially with all the surplus non-red primer 30-'06 back then.

They are wondering if they are going to;

1. Shoot their eye out.

2. Shoot their lung out.
One thing is for certain - they won't shoot their brain out (you know why!)