2nd Amendment thread

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
This one is very sad.

Reaction score
Is what true? That Magnum Research stated this? Or that any caliber is a pistol caliber?

Obviously putting a large caliber, large cased round in a pistol not designed for the pressures generated by that round would not be smart. Substituting 'stupid enough' for 'brave enough' would be appropriate here.

Now designing a pistol to shoot that high pressured round, like Magnum Research's Desert Eagle in 50AE, may be considered 'brave enough', but that 50AE is still a pistol caliber.

Gun Pwns Girl :: .50 Desert Eagle - YouTube

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Nope.
Cops who don’t train much and many of which do not have good gun handling skills, needing a fall guy for their own incompetence. And don’t think for a minute there isn’t a hint of competitive brand politics at play.

Also known as the Alex Baldwin defense

Three cops all from the same Department…. carrying by all accounts the most popular pistol made today as well as the Army’s official sidearm.

This goes back to the drop test discharge experienced with the initial 320’s 5-6 ? years ago that only a very few people were ever able to reproduce (though many Glock fans tried ;) Dropped from 3-4 ft onto concrete at a very specific angle hitting a very precise point near the striker plate.
One had a larger risk of a cow falling out of sky hitting them in the head. Sig issued the voluntary recall and all variants since have had no issue. I never sent mine in.

I had just under 30,000 rounds through my original P320 used in competition and training classes with countless hot holstering/unholstering repetitions. It was dropped, slammmed into door frames and barricades , and car pillars more than once ;)

It still rests in a G-code SOC holster on my battle belt waiting for the next two gun training class or TEOTWAWKI event ;)

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, if true that ain't good.

FYI - gun in question ..

"The [SIG Sauer] P320 had known issues involving discharge without a trigger pull at the time the City purchased them," the Milwaukee Police Association's lawsuit states. "Such inadvertent discharges are inherently unsafe, especially for police officers."

Have they actually had any accidents? .. yes ..

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Officer Adam Maritato, who was shot in the leg with another officer's weapon during a struggle with a suspect in 2020. The lawsuit alleges he gun "discharged without a trigger pull during this encounter with the struggling suspect."

Sig Sauer in 2017 announced a "voluntary upgrade" program that allows P320 owners to ship their guns to the company for a free fix.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Supposedly that department has had 3

I know more than a few LEOs. None of them train even close to as much as the 50,000 or so action pistol competition shooters. (IDPA, USPSA, NRA, Steel ChalIenge, 2-3 Gun) I see a lot of P320 variants in competition and have yet to hear of one just going off by itself.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup, I get the feeling if it were a civilian in the USA that they'd have legal problems because the robbers were fleeing when he engaged them. Of course a civilian might state that he believes he heard one of them saying they were going to come around and kill him.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, I get the feeling if it were a civilian in the USA that they'd have legal problems because the robbers were fleeing when he engaged them. Of course a civilian might state that he believes he heard one of them saying they were going to come around and kill him.
hope the audio on the camera is not that good ...