4.2.8 - January 7, 2016 - Hardware Acceleration

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Fenderman,

I wasn't running my mouth back then, just suggested that Intel was a safer/quicker path to hardware acceleration than NVidia. Its obvious how you responded.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman,

I wasn't running my mouth back then, just suggested that Intel was a safer/quicker path to hardware acceleration than NVidia. Its obvious how you responded.
No you weren't. Each of your posts is a constant bash of blue iris. Get over it. Why dont you have your hikvision NVR in service yet?
You predicted doom and gloom with the hardware acceleration update. I have two systems running it non stop since yesterday.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
No you weren't. Each of your posts is a constant bash of blue iris. Get over it. Why dont you have your hikvision NVR in service yet?
You predicted doom and gloom with the hardware acceleration update. I have two systems running it non stop since yesterday.
My predictions were based on a person using a nonNVIDIA system and BI hardware acceleration using NVIDIA code which you supported. Read your posts.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My predictions were based on a person using a nonNVIDIA system and BI hardware acceleration using NVIDIA code which you supported. Read your posts.
You had no predictions. You simply ragged on the developer. I supported nothing but trusting the developer to make the right choice and the fact that he knows what he is doing better than someone like you with little experience.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Again , read your posts. I suggested intel hardware acceleration was a better path than NVidia hardware acceleration, and you gave me crap like now. Actually now is a bit worse.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Again , read your posts. I suggested intel hardware acceleration was a better path than NVidia hardware acceleration, and you gave me crap like now. Actually now is a bit worse.
You are not getting it. I never said that nvidia was the way to go. I said the developer knows what hes doing. He does. He does not need advice or critique from a novice. There are many considerations that are WAY over your head.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
You are not getting it. I never said that nvidia was the way to go. I said the developer knows what hes doing. He does. He does not need advice or critique from a novice. There are many considerations that are WAY over your head.
Just read your posts, that's all. Don't turn this from a technical discussion to political (like to rewrite history when they are wrong).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just read your posts, that's all. Don't turn this from a technical discussion to political (like to rewrite history when they are wrong).
Nothing is rewritten. I suggest you read it yourself. Again, the developer doesnt need any armchair quarterbacking from a novice.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Read your posts. I was just suggesting Intel was a better path to launching hardware acceleration and you didn't agree.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Ok well I hope we can agree that hardware acceleration is a good thing and we hope CPU utilization can be reduced tremendously for as many as possible, and when the NVIDIA hardware acceleration is ready for NVIDIA hardware that more sophisticated image processing can be accopmplished. Please don't respond negatively, fenderman.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Read your posts. I was just suggesting Intel was a better path to launching hardware acceleration and you didn't agree.
No, you need to re read those posts. I never said that. Dont put words in my mouth simply because you lack basic reading comprehension skills. For the last time, the developer does not need advice from a novice.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
No, you need to re read those posts. I never said that. Dont put words in my mouth simply because you lack basic reading comprehension skills. For the last time, the developer does not need advice from a novice.
Please calm down, everyone can read the posts for themselves.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Please calm down, everyone can read the posts for themselves.
I am very calm. If you misrepresent what I said I will call you out on it. Simple as that. Now go setup that hikvision NVR.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Fenerman, you remind of the kid in the hood back in the 70s who had cool gadgets and stuff, but always would revert to "my daddy said this or that" when he couldn't quite look into the future.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenerman, you remind of the kid in the hood back in the 70s who had cool gadgets and stuff, but always would revert to "my daddy said this or that" when he couldn't quite look into the future.
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Again, the developer does not need novice advice. He will do what HE thinks is best.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Fenderman,

"I have no idea what you are trying to say" holy shit that what the kid in the hood used to say.

When I mentioned Intel over NVidia you couldn't comprehend what I was saying so you reverted to : "my developer said this or that" you crack me up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman,

"I have no idea what you are trying to say" holy shit that what the kid in the hood used to say.

When I mentioned Intel over NVidia you couldn't comprehend what I was saying so you reverted to : "my developer said this or that" you crack me up.
Reread it. I said he knows what he is doing and doesnt need your novice advice. You cannot comprehend the considerations needed to get hardware acceleration working and the reason why one is chosen over the other. I have always preferred intel for the reasons i mentioned above. There are reasons why he intended to go with nvidia only at first. He obviously worked out the issues with intel. Again as usual, you make claims and allegations with no direct facts to back it up. Just order the hikvision NVR and call it a day already.

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I downloaded the 4.2.8 update but haven't installed it. Will probably wait for a release that includes Nvidia support. My CPU usage runs between 55% & 60% when BI is opened full screen. Reduced to the taskbar, it runs between 23% & 28%, so not in a real hurry to update just yet.
I was thinking the same. I'm not sure I want to offload work to my nvidia card anyway (when it is supported) when the CPU isn't taxed and I use the machine for occasional gaming too.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Back to topic :toung:

Installed the update last night and my CPU went from 28% to 19%. Only problem is that I couldn't view alerts from my three Geeya cams (don't remember the message that BI gave offhand). Changing recording from D2D to Re-encode fixed that, but upped my CPU to 25%. Still, knowing that this is a work in progress, it is what it is. I watched it all evening and there were no glitches. Unfortunately, this morning my CPU for BI was running between 85% and 95%. So, for the time being I'm going back to 4.2.7.1 and D2D.