4.2.8 - January 7, 2016 - Hardware Acceleration

Tikiman1

Banned
Reaction score
I suspected an automatic upgrade to 4.2.8.5 caused 2 system crashes (1 BSOD and one frozen black screen). Loading a week old restore point put me at 4.2.8.4 and so far so good. I've disabled automatic updates for now.

Also, enabling hardware acceleration on my Win 7 64 bit 16 gig i7 3770 w/GTX970 with the on-board graphics enabled causes my two Axis P3364VE cams to drop out. CPU usage is only 18% w/2x 2MP and 2x 1.3MP cams currently anyway though so no biggie. Jumps to about 28% when all 4 are recording D2D.

My h264 cameras dropped out with hardware acceleration on. (win7 64bit) I left hardware acceleration on & disabled run as a service & just leave BI running with the main window minimized. Works for now on version 4.2.8.4 this way.

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On 2 systems that I've tested, Intel i3 and i7, cameras doesn't work with hardware acceleration enabled. Blue Iris 4.2.8.5 x64.

I can't have monitors connected to those machines. They need to be plugged for it to work?

Reaction score
What Operating system are you using on those two computers? Currently, Hardware acceleration isn't working with Windows 7 when you run BI as a service

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
W7 x64. One with 4 GB, another with 32 GB and no swap file. Running as a service really, thanks for the clarification.

Reaction score
If you disable running Blue Iris as a service the cameras should come back online. The developer is aware of the issue. The two options you have are; either disable Hardware acceleration, or disable running Blue Iris as a service.

I had the same problem, I was running Windows 7 Pro x64. I decided to just take the free upgrade to Windows 10 Professional x64. Once I upgraded, I didn't have a problem running BI as a service with Hardware Acceleration on.

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update to my system freezing up problem. Since I update the intel drivers to the latest from intel and now running 4.2.8.5, it has been running for almost 48 hors and no lockups or crashes. While either the driver or the BI version update may have solved the locking up problem, I'm not seeing any improvements in cpu usage.

I have an I7-4790 running Win10 Pro 64-bit. BI 4.2.8.5 64-bit running as a service.
All cameras D2D.
1 Hik 3mp and 3 eyesurv 3mp cams running at 20fps doing continuous recording. (Cams are running at 2mp resolution)
1 LA View (Hik Clone) 2mp also running at 20fps but records on alert only with a 3 second pre-trigger.
I also leave the console opened displaying 1 single camera.

While this setup only uses 21% cpu, I'm still at 21% with HA enabled. I only enabled HA on the camera tab of the config. I left each camera on default. I exited the console and restarted the service, no change. I also rebooted just for the sake of it but still no change.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It does seem to work at my side,
bought a v4 license and the cpu usage went from 21 % to 12%
I5-4590T
8GB ram
2Mp cam iqeye
3Mp cam hikvision
1.3 Mp Acti

15Fps , d2d

Edit:
What i have noticed is that when i open up the blueiris console, the cpu usage goes down more ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of BI 4.2.7.1 that I could download? I'm not having much luck with 4.2.8.5.

I tried enabling Intel graphics hoping that the hardware decoding would work even though I have a Nvidia graphics card installed. CPU usage went from around 45-50 to 75-80 with HA enabled. I have it disabled now. Also been getting jerky video playback on recordings. Wish I wouldn't have updated and just waited for Nvidia BI support. :sad2:

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of BI 4.2.7.1 that I could download? I'm not having much luck with 4.2.8.5.

I tried enabling Intel graphics hoping that the hardware decoding would work even though I have a Nvidia graphics card installed. CPU usage went from around 45-50 to 75-80 with HA enabled. I have it disabled now. Also been getting jerky video playback on recordings. Wish I wouldn't have updated and just waited for Nvidia BI support. :sad2:
I have 4.2.6.8 from Dec 14th if you want it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17674025/update64 Version 4.2.6.8 (December 14, 2015).exe

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A repository with all installers should exist...

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you very much for that! I assume that is the full installer and not just an update based on the file size, correct?
Correct, it's the full installer.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Very much agreed. I don't know why the developer not does provide this on his website.
Funny thing is, this used to be available, but the developer disabled access to the directory listing. I totally agree though, for a program like this which clearly does not have an extensive pre-release testing period, a public archive of older versions would be handy a lot of the time.

650hpAMG

n3wb
Reaction score
Funny thing is, this used to be available, but the developer disabled access to the directory listing. I totally agree though, for a program like this which clearly does not have an extensive pre-release testing period, a public archive of older versions would be handy a lot of the time.
Agree, 100%, saving versions on my NAS now.