4.4.8 - November 12, 2016

smarty125

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded just now (unfortunately I didn't notice what version I was on, but it wasn't more than a month or two old)....and it now crashes after about 20 seconds...crashing version is "4.4.8.4 w32"

I am running win 7 x32 Home Premium. About 8 cameras (Hiks, and some crap Foscams).

peterfram

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wasn't having any problems, but just updated to 4.4.8.5 x64. Avoid. One camera, Trivision NC 336, video is heavily distorted jumping around and triggering recording. Another camera had motion detection zone reset to cover full view. Tried rebooting, changing camera type and back, reinstall etc no luck. 4.4.8.5 is bad.

Similar thing happened a year or so ago with others reporting same problem on here. Is there really no method or link to previous versions to allow us to revert and save the headache?

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wish there was a proper changelog for every update, and links to previous versions.

peterfram

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately this morning's 4.4.8.6 update has the same problem. Anybody have a link to recent version I can downgrade to?

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, 4.4.8.9 is out. What changed since 4.4.8.6? No one knows.

Clegg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Huh, I installed 4.4.8.9 (fingers crossed nothing would break) and now I am seeing all kinds of weird issues. Like alerts not being registered as alerts, my scheduled events (IR lights turning on at sunset/off at sunrise) not firing, etc...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, I installed 4.4.8.9 (fingers crossed nothing would break) and now I am seeing all kinds of weird issues. Like alerts not being registered as alerts, my scheduled events (IR lights turning on at sunset/off at sunrise) not firing, etc...
Be sure to report these problems to the developer if you care to have them fixed.

What do you mean by "alerts not being registered as alerts"? Motion triggered recordings don't appear in the alerts list or what?

Clegg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah... I think I've fixed it... Not sure why but after the last update all of my cameras somehow cleared the "Create Alert List Images when triggered", and it seems the global schedule "Enable" checkbox was cleared so none of my sunrise/sunset commands were issued since updating. I will see tomorrow if everything does what it supposed to now that I re-enabled everything. I am impressed with BI a lot, but its awesome depth in features = complexity in finding where settings may be off.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like a bug that the settings all changed, but since it didn't happen to me I have no idea what caused it.

Clegg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The event schedule is still broken for me as well... I fixed the settings, but it wont turn on IR LEDs anymore or off with the sunset/rise schedule anymore. I emailed BI to let them know. I really wish there was an easier "rollback" process for this software.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
4.4.9.0 is out now with bugfixes; it may have solved the crashing problem I've been having, once and for all.

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue Iris 4.5.6.2x64 The UI is not allowing me to zoom my Dahua Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z 2.8-12mm motorized lens IR 80M Bullet camera H.265 POE 4MP

Is that a known issue? Is there a work around other then logging into the Dahua UI directly? Will I be able to control the PTZ on my Big Black Face Dahua with Blue Iris?
@CaliGirl you should be able to control zoom on your bullet cam and PTZ on the black face Dahua. A few members here including myself have

Make sure the user name you are giving blue iris to log into the camera has admin rights or at least PTZ rights.

Double check the camera settings in BI to make sure that PTZ is enabled.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
hmmmm.....It won't work. I checked the admins privileges and they are in place as far as I can see and the zoom works with the Dahua web GUI and but not with blue iris. I am able to get Blue Iris to send the Night vision command, so that is promising. Just need it to send the zoom command?? What am I doing wrong?

Note the Plug in Failure, another reason I want to get away from Dahua. So many bugs...

FYI I am trying to use the zoom buttons in this photo attached.

Attachments

Last edited: