4.6.0 - August 29, 2017

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unlikely...the issues affect a small portion of users.....you a making the incorrect assumption that if 5 users complain of an issue here, everyone has it...
Been running 4.6.0.0 here for a little over 24hrs now, no issue.

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been running 4.6.0.0 here for a little over 24hrs now, no issue.
According to Fenderman you are OCD and are doing it wrong because you installed an update without waiting a week. :)

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I still think Blue Iris needs BETA channel for quick releases, then have stable channel. It's a common sense solution. Even Fenderman's arguments then would be a lot easier - "IT'S A BETA, if you don't like stick with stable releases".

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I still think Blue Iris needs BETA channel for quick releases, then have stable channel. It's a common sense solution. Even Fenderman's arguments then would be a lot easier - "IT'S A BETA, if you don't like stick with stable releases".
Do you? Have you emailed the developer asking for it? regardless it doesnt really matter what you think, he will do whatever he wants....you are free to move to another vms if your OCD is that bad that you cannot help yourself but update...if you think those vms' dont have issues with updates you are very wrong..its just that BI is most popular on this forum, thats all...check out their user forums...

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll email the dev, but I think it's normal that you have forum users users discussing problems and potential solutions to this in an appropriate place (this is a Blue Iris Update thread).

From my perspective, it's not constructive when you get unnecessarily defensive with users ("you're free to leave", you're OCD, etc) instead of letting a discussion play out on potential solutions. I'm aware the issue drives you nuts, fair enough, but if you leave it at "it's the users fault for updating" you're going to sound like a broken record on here forever.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll email the dev, but I think it's normal that you have forum users users discussing problems and potential solutions to this in an appropriate place (this is a Blue Iris Update thread).

From my perspective, it's not constructive when you get unnecessarily defensive with users ("you're free to leave", you're OCD, etc) instead of letting a discussion play out on potential solutions. I'm aware the issue drives you nuts, fair enough, but if you leave it at "it's the users fault for updating" you're going to sound like a broken record on here forever.
I cant get defensive about a product that is not mine....I simply call stupid, stupid....all these morons having a theoretical discussion and not one of them emailed the developer....you should be kissing his ass for providing this product at 60 dollars...otherwise you would be stuck paying hundreds or thousands more..No other developer pushes new features this fast not even close...bunch of snobs demanding things because, by God, they spent a whole 70 dollars...they dont understand the pricing in this industry. Bunch of fools complaining about getting new features that they have the OPTION of turning off....this is some major OCD...
Again, I dont mince words....if that is to much for you or others they can leave...I have been running this forum this was from DAY 1.

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
According to Fenderman you are OCD and are doing it wrong because you installed an update without waiting a week. :)
Hi guys,

I just want to know what OCD means?

A guy speaking french in Canada.... :)

BTW (I know this one), this thread is becoming one of the funniest here. Sarcasm or not... :)

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hesitate to say as I don't want to offend, but it's almost as if you don't care about my feelings, Fenderman.

Last edited:

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok so I googled it. Of course.

And I'm proud to say that I have OCD. Hahaha! Well I must be close if it's not the case.

Does biting my nails for 40+ years can be a clue for you?

Ok... I'm out of this thread.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4.6.0.3 and iOS 1.58 and rich notifications still not working here.

yeahman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
While this technique might work, if every member on this forum starts to follow that then NOBODY would be trying out the latest version and we won't know if any new bug is released. I don't see this as a sustainable method. I'd rather bring back up the heated topic of having better QA each release.
lol ikr ... Fenderman posts a thread about the latest update ... and when users start posting about bugs about the release, the solution is just : 'you should wait 1 week or 2 before using this update, you have no common sense" .... wdf

personally, I rarely update... last time I updated was like 2-3 months ago... now what if i update to 4.6.0? I have waited for 3 months ... following Fenderman's logic, it should be stable by now...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
lol ikr ... Fenderman posts a thread about the latest update ... and when users start posting about bugs about the release, the solution is just : 'you should wait 1 week or 2 before using this update, you have no common sense" .... wdf

personally, I rarely update... last time I updated was like 2-3 months ago... now what if i update to 4.6.0? I have waited for 3 months ... following Fenderman's logic, it should be stable by now...
The post is informative...to let folks know it has been released.... .03 has only been out for a few days...you have failed to listed my advice-you need to WAIT at LEAST a WEEK preferable more AFTER the release of a new revision BEFORE updating - the last time you personally updated is completely irrelevant..and each of these releases has been stable on my test system....sometimes problems only occur with specific setups..

yeahman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The post is informative...to let folks know it has been released.... .03 has only been out for a few days...you have failed to listed my advice-you need to WAIT at LEAST a WEEK preferable more AFTER the release of a new revision BEFORE updating - the last time you personally updated is completely irrelevant..and each of these releases has been stable on my test system....sometimes problems only occur with specific setups..
Hmmm ok.....df

yeahman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Papa said I’m not allowed to try it for a week.
Haha.... Yes don't update.. Wait for one week.. And pray that the next update does not have any new bugs... If there is.. Wait another week

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you should stop updating the day a new version pops up...simple common sense will help you avoid frustration...your video is still there...very unlikely that you need 3 weeks of alert markers to look back on...
I use 3 weeks of Alerts.
If I don't visit a site for 3 weeks, I want to be able to go back and see what happened.