5.2.8 - May 20, 2020 - Direct-to-disc BVR recording will now include metadata for video overlays

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
small note: 5.2.8.1 removes the typo and non-functional "insert ovleray" option in right click menu when viewing clips. Nice to have dev that sees emails and fixes some things in a day.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have also been noticing some "Clip: write error 80000456, undefined" errors lately. Not sure when those started.
Ditto started with 5.2.8.0 still with 5.2.8.1 and also had a unexpected restart today.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I was on 5.2.8.0 I started to get the clip write errors. Went back to 5.2.7.12 and still had same errors. Repaired database and problem went away. Last night I installed 5.2.8.1, and repaired database afterward. Had two sessions of the same error on multiple cameras about six hours apart. Reran the database repair this morning and now monitoring for errors before I send a note to Ken.

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello stability, where are you? See if you can notice when I switched to 5.2.8.x... Admittedly, along with 5.2.8.x I switched to H265 & sub streams, so could be one of a myriad of things.

• H265
  • Substream usage
  • Intel+VPP encoding

Seems to crash 'most' on playback in the console. Which interestingly is a "new" feature with BVR overlays....

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 15.12.41.png

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My Intel GFX and Chipset were also sizeably out. Updated them, but don't really expect that to be a fix. But you never know :)

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just noticed VCRUNTIME140.dll is @ 14.21.27702.2, so quite out of date. Just installed latest 2019 VC++ and will see how it goes (14.26.xxxxx)

Warning For anyone using Ai Tool that update has just stopped my Ai Tool uploading the camera settings!!

EDIT- That turned out to be a text file that was in the Cameras folder in AI Tool- unrelated to the update

Last edited:
Reaction score
So are the motion rectangles "recorded" in the bvr file, or are they being generated on replay? RE-Processing motion detection on clips must bump CPU usage... that is a really odd bug to pop up.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For me it looks like the clip: write errors occur anytime the camera restarts...after a manual restart, clicking ok on camera properties or a timed restart set in watchdog. Sending a note to Ken.

EDIT: Hold the phone Chuck--5.2.8.2 seems to have fixed this problem

Last edited:

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yep. 5.2.8.2 -> no rectangles on BI3 plus looks like a few other fixes

still only sub-streams on BI3 though

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
yep. 5.2.8.2 -> no rectangles on BI3 plus looks like a few other fixes

still only sub-streams on BI3 though
UI3 you mean. And yeah, I eagerly check every time I install another patch, and every time I come away disappointed :) That is the last thing holding me back from enabling sub streams on most of my cams and upping their frame rates to 30.

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
UI3 you mean. And yeah, I eagerly check every time I install another patch, and every time I come away disappointed :) That is the last thing holding me back from enabling sub streams on most of my cams and upping their frame rates to 30.
oops... yeah UI3
thanks

just noticed there is still something funny going on with this version (as in previous) with a clip showing 49d16h40m40s length

good things take time

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
oops... yeah UI3
thanks

just noticed there is still something funny going on with this version (as in previous) with a clip showing 49d16h40m40s length

good things take time
I've noticed for a while that clip lengths have been showing the time as the difference between the start of the first clip and the end of last clip. I think they should actually show the length of the total recorded video.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
30fps on your main stream you mean?