5.4.9 - June 25, 2021

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@kc8tmv The model I've been using is dark.pt. I have also tried the logo.pt model and had terrible results with it, but I was running it with dark.pt and that may be the cause.

From what Ken said about the 100 and 170 errors and the performance of DeepStack outside of the BI arena, I'm guessing that the problems are more related to CPU overload, when using the CPU version especially, and possibly even when running the GPU version because the CPU is still utilized to generate the images for DeepStack while continuing to detect, itself, for the triggers.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Why are we seeing these in the latest versions and not previous versions? Seems to be much worse when custom model use is checked.
PS. We LOVE the software, just would like to be able to help him out more!
Here's his answer...
ken 11:31 AM
5.4.8.0-5.4.9.4 had memory issues, that may be relevant. With 5.4.9.5 and newer, it may indicate still a lack of system resrouces. I know the custom models adds another Python server and uses more RAM.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I have to wonder about that one.. My system has 32GB of RAM and never even gets close. I have also been tracking, and noting, RAM utilization over the last few months and see no significant differences, with BI memory utilization anyway, since the addition of DeepStack. What I do see is large increases in analysis time by DeepStack.

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Can more than one custom model be ran at same time?
Can more than one custom model be ran at same time?

ken 11:36 AM
Yes by default it runs everything in that folder.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've had a sort of running conversation with Ken and always mention that 5.4.8.2 doesn't produce these errors.

How about the "can't find the file" error?

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have to wonder about that one.. My system has 32GB of RAM and never even gets close. I have also been tracking, and noting, RAM utilization over the last few months and see not significant differences, with BI memory utilization anyway, since the addition of DeepStack. What I do see is large increases in analysis time by DeepStack.
I can’t say I have seen any high memory usage, but have seen the CPU @ 100% a lot when DS is analyzing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Still happy enough with 5.9.4.6? Server Errors all gone, even with custom models?
Yep, .6 seems to be stable for me.

I was trying to run another custom model that @aesterling created for plates and it isn't working, but it isn't giving the errors either.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Updated to 5.4.9.6 last night and enabled dark.pt. Got a few Deepstack 100's overnight, no 170's with this version. No other issues.

Did a little messing around this morning with DS running in a Command window to see if it generated any interesting messages. Didn't see anything obvious.

I ran a couple of the clips that had the 100 error with dark.pt enabled through the playback analysis. No errors without dark.pt enabled, I guess I'll leave custom disabled for now.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Does .6 resolve the issue related to cam triggering but not alerting when using BI motion detection, so nothing related to DS?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does .6 resolve the issue related to cam triggering but not alerting when using BI motion detection, so nothing related to DS?
It is working properly in mine now and wasn't with the previous ones.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Alerts have been working here even better than before on .6. Wish I could say the same thing about custom models and 100, 170 errors.

I still think DS is just overloading things, CPU. I may try using the GPU version for a while again and see how that goes.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Alerts have been working here even better than before on .6. Wish I could say the same thing about custom models and 100, 170 errors.

I still think DS is just overloading things, CPU. I may try using the GPU version for a while again and see how that goes.
Which DS mode are you using? Med, High?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Updated to 5.4.9.6 last night and enabled dark.pt. Got a few Deepstack 100's overnight, no 170's with this version. No other issues.

Did a little messing around this morning with DS running in a Command window to see if it generated any interesting messages. Didn't see anything obvious.

I ran a couple of the clips that had the 100 error with dark.pt enabled through the playback analysis. No errors without dark.pt enabled, I guess I'll leave custom disabled for now.
Which DS mode are you using in BI?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been using DS high mode for the most part and still getting the occasional error 100...esp at night or if multiple cams are triggered....will try medium mode this evening.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've been using DS high mode for the most part and still getting the occasional error 100...esp at night or if multiple cams are triggered....will try medium mode this evening.
I've always used medium and I've never seen any DS errors in the log.