5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI Version 1 - See V2 here https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproject-ai-version-2-0.68030/

dirk6665

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My older version of Sense.AI went well past 900k images analyze before a watchdog service I was running on that machine decided it needed to restart the machine. I wasn't going to upgrade until such an event happened - I wanted to see how long it could go. At the time of restart it was over 1 MILLION images analyzed :clap:

CodeProject AI Server 900k.PNG

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My older version of Sense.AI went well past 900k images analyze before a watchdog service I was running on that machine decided it needed to restart the machine. I wasn't going to upgrade until such an event happened - I wanted to see how long it could go. At the time of restart it was over 1 MILLION images analyzed :clap:

View attachment 155294
So I guess you don't apply the monthly windows updates and reboot looking at that CP.AI uptime :) - I'm at about 50K per week so mine gets a reboot about every 200K processed

sp3ctre

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Shit was calling home in the most recent version. Canadian Cloud IP. Eat my shorts.
not got a horse in this race, but the AI dashboard has a feature to tell you if there is an updated version (it’s even in the logs). Surely it needs to call out to do this?

sp3ctre

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fair point, BI must also do this at some point. But nothing from BI is found. BI also only checks when first opened or upon request. This was staying open. Regardless, no way to know.
BI does it periodically. My BI stays up to date so it must do it on a schedule. Possibly closes the connection afterwards though.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It should be an easy fix. Here's a screenshot of the settings for one of my cameras that you can use for a reference. I'm not going to post my general AI settings because I'm running CP AI on multiple computers and don't want to cause any confusion.

View attachment 145670
I forgot all about posting here. But I‘m still having trouble. I’m using 2.0.8
It should be an easy fix. Here's a screenshot of the settings for one of my cameras that you can use for a reference. I'm not going to post my general AI settings because I'm running CP AI on multiple computers and don't want to cause any confusion.

View attachment 145670
I forgot I posted here. But still having trouble. Here are my sittings. Thanks.

Attachments

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I forgot I posted here. But still having trouble. Here are my sittings. Thanks.
You're responding to a six month old post and a lot of things have changed since then. What kind of issues are you experiencing?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just need CPAI to detect person vehicles. It picks up bugs, tree shadows, animals, etc. I thought If I set the cameras to “ipcam-general” it would solve the proplem. But I opened up the path and found no ‘i-cam-general” file. Also. How do I stop receiving “nothing found” on my push notifications? Sorry about stumbling onto an old post. I was searching for a solution. Then I realized I had already corresponded with you.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just need CPAI to detect person vehicles. It picks up bugs, tree shadows, animals, etc. I thought If I set the cameras to “ipcam-general” it would solve the proplem. But I opened up the path and found no ‘i-cam-general” file. Also. How do I stop receiving “nothing found” on my push notifications? Sorry about stumbling onto an old post. I was searching for a solution. Then I realized I had already corresponded with you.
Nothing found:0 in the to cancel section of each camera. Ipcam-general automatically gets installed with current versions of CP.AI so it should be there.

bqz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I use CPAI for person detection only. I post my settings. You can try with this, making little changes to adapt. It's working ok here.

Global options:
1683895881733.png

Camera settings:

1683896002424.png

1683896399568.png

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry about stumbling onto an old post.
No problem... From your screenshots it looks like you are running the .NET module in CPAI. Since it doesn't look like you have a GPU have tried using the YOLOv5 6.2 module instead? In the BI settings AI tab you need to uncheck default object detection and select the use custom models option. Then in the camera settings add "ipcam-combined" to the custom models feild. The ipcam-general model only detects people and vehicles so if that's what you want you can use that instead.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No problem... From your screenshots it looks like you are running the .NET module in CPAI. Since it doesn't look like you have a GPU have tried using the YOLOv5 6.2 module instead? In the BI settings AI tab you need to uncheck default object detection and select the use custom models option. Then in the camera settings add "ipcam-combined" to the custom models feild. The ipcam-general model only detects people and vehicles so if that's what you want you can use that instead.
The .NET module is using his GPU

1683897968136.png

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I just noticed the responses this morning. But, last night (or early AM) I got so frustrated I uninstalled CP.AI. Then I installed version 2.1.8 per @MikeLud1 May 4th instruction. Then I ran into the problem of step 5. I don’t think I understand how the models are suppose to install. When I installed CP.AI the first time I had the models, but forgot how I did that. So this morning I figured I do some research on the subject.
By the way, i did have cameras set using “IPCam-combined” with 2.0.8 at one point. Was still getting huge amount of false positives. So, I saw where @mikeLun1 posted a new model “ipcam-general”. I downloaded it and tested it in explorer. I couldn’t get it to work. That’s when up updated to new version. Oh, I almost forgot. I don’t see the “install” button for the Yolov5.NET in the new update.

Attachments

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
is there a version of BI I need to get the custom models to load for version 2.1.8 CP:AI? I keep getting this. And when I hit OK nothing happens. I restart computer but nothing. any suggestions?

Attachments

Last edited:

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That should work. The custom models are installed CPAI and are specific to the model you are using. If they didn’t get installed then you might want to try and reinstall CPAI and choose the repair option.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That should work. The custom models are installed CPAI and are specific to the model you are using. If they didn’t get installed then you might want to try and reinstall CPAI and choose the repair option.
I think your correct about them not getting installed. Do I need to go through a clean install or just unzip 2.1.8, and install? Or will a 'repair" show up in the process? never mind, I found the repair. thinks