5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Every time I see the records it wants me to own 1 or 2 more haha. Looks nice.
Is the "ghosting" handled now. I mean when someone passes by in lower light circumstances?
This looks very nice

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My years of experience dealing with Chinese sellers is to be brief with questions and only ask one at a time. Otherwise, they will get confused. If you ask them for a sample video and then ask to see the menu, they will put both questions together and think you are asking about video settings in the menu. It is best to ask one question at a time and if they don't understand, ask it again using different words.

First, I would try asking "Can you send me a video made with this camera that I can watch?"....If they send one, first thank them to confirm that they answered you correctly and then ask your next question. For example, if they then send you a day video, I would reply "Thank you. Do you have a video like this at night that I can watch?"

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This looks like it is going to be a good candidate for my next camera for use just like @klasipca for the driveway. The video looks really nice and clean for nighttime image quality. I bet it could be even better if that soffit wasn't in the view (top right) causing some bounce-back.

Are most of the kinks worked out yet in the firmware to the point that it is time to get one of these?

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
This looks like it is going to be a good candidate for my next camera for use just like @klasipca for the driveway. The video looks really nice and clean for nighttime image quality. I bet it could be even better if that soffit wasn't in the view (top right) causing some bounce-back.

Are most of the kinks worked out yet in the firmware to the point that it is time to get one of these?
There is always room for improvement, but so far this is the best overall view and driveway cam for the price I could find. Disclaimer: IMHO.

I wish it had smart IR feature like in Hikvision and I could toggle IR on/off independently of ir cut filter, otherwise right now mounting location and flood light causing washed out face when you are within 8 feet.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Every time I see the records it wants me to own 1 or 2 more haha. Looks nice.
Is the "ghosting" handled now. I mean when someone passes by in lower light circumstances?
This looks very nice

No motion blur. Also I noticed that latest firmware remembers English language setting.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
@klasipca do you have video using the updated firmware showing people walking quickly at various distances at night? I know the original firmware was useless for moving subjects. I'll be moving my Huisun MiniPTZ soon and I've relocated the original Hik 3345-I so I'm considering another driveway cam with decent night capabilities.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
@klasipca do you have video using the updated firmware showing people walking quickly at various distances at night? I know the original firmware was useless for moving subjects. I'll be moving my Huisun MiniPTZ soon and I've relocated the original Hik 3345-I so I'm considering another driveway cam with decent night capabilities.
I will see what I can do.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Is this still the good link to purchase this camera? Thanks.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cmq7fUNS[/QUOTE] Last time I checked they only offered in 6mm lens or you can try to go through Alibaba source which was cheaper, but it's a bit of hassle...

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks @klasipca. do you have a link to alibaba? I would like a wider lens for my front door view and POE. The aliexpress listing lists POE as "Optional ( Built-in, extra cost USD6.00)" and 5mm lens.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Managed to capture an intruder

I turned off flood light, so it's pretty dark in there and about 40 feet from where I am standing, just the IR which is too overpowering in close range. I either need to mount it higher or... well, no other option really...

Also, I enabled some feature called defog in this test to make the scene darker.

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Is this still the good link to purchase this camera? Thanks.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/coTqec5w[/QUOTE] That's the link I ordered from a few days ago. He said they were off for the holiday, no one in the factory will be working for 3 weeks so they can't ship until after that.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's the link I ordered from a few days ago. He said they were off for the holiday, no one in the factory will be working for 3 weeks so they can't ship until after that.
That's right! Chinese New Year is coming up. I should know this. I just came home from Taiwan 2 days ago. I should wait a few weeks before ordering. Thanks.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Managed to capture an intruder

I turned off flood light, so it's pretty dark in there and about 40 feet from where I am standing, just the IR which is too overpowering in close range. I either need to mount it higher or... well, no other option really...

Also, I enabled some feature called defog in this test to make the scene darker.

Looks like there is smart IR, I can see it dimming towards the end. It just takes a while to dim down which is something I see on my hikvisions as well.

Btw, I think I know that intruder !!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like there is smart IR, I can see it dimming towards the end. It just takes a while to dim down which is something I see on my hikvisions as well.

Btw, I think I know that intruder !!
Nope, the scene around gets darker, but face still washed out, I've tested standing there for 30 seconds, nothing happened.
Edit :Nevermind, same thing on Huisun

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope, the scene around gets darker, but face still washed out, I've tested standing there for 30 seconds, nothing happened.
I think smart ir is just a gimicky name for auto exposure. It's probably not increasing the exposure time enough.

Same kind of issue here, go to 1:55

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I think smart ir is just a gimicky name for auto exposure. It's probably not increasing the exposure time enough.

Same kind of issue here, go to 1:55
Exactly, notice that he is identifiable once he gets to the side of the frame, same deal with Longse if you are off center hot spot it's better