5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Does it drop out on its own or only when connected to BI? Also, did you try a different power source?

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As far as I can tell it's with BI only. Yes, this time it's on a different power source and cables to last time I tried it.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try increasing the receive buffer to 20mb in blue iris.
I have, now and previously. It drops out more frequently, about every 10 or 15 mins. It's most stable with 1mb.

The odd thing is I have another cam which has H265 as an option, but with completely different hardware and firmware, and it has exactly the same issue as this, including the effect of the receive buffer.

Have you had a chance to try your Longse with BI yet?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have, now and previously. It drops out more frequently, about every 10 or 15 mins. It's most stable with 1mb.

The odd thing is I have another cam which has H265 as an option, but with completely different hardware and firmware, and it has exactly the same issue as this, including the effect of the receive buffer.

Have you had a chance to try your Longse with BI yet?
Yes, im testing in now to see if there are any drops. Its been up for over an hour, blue iris is reporting 0 lost signal events. My cam has an h.265 option but obviously that doesnt work with BI. Are you saying that your longse bullet does not have h.265 as an option?

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, im testing in now to see if there are any drops. Its been up for over an hour, blue iris is reporting 0 lost signal events. My cam has an h.265 option but obviously that doesnt work with BI. Are you saying that your longse bullet does not have h.265 as an option?
No, it does have the H265 options.

I wonder what I've got configured differently. I assume it's something I've done in BI because I did the factory reset of the cam and only changed bitrate and resolution.

Out of interest does the cam have any more impact on CPU usage than others?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, it does eat up more resources because I can tell that streaming in nvr or tiny cam viewer it can get choppy at full bit rate. Have you tried lowering resolution along with bit rate?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, it does have the H265 options.

I wonder what I've got configured differently. I assume it's something I've done in BI because I did the factory reset of the cam and only changed bitrate and resolution.

Out of interest does the cam have any more impact on CPU usage than others?
I am testing it on my demo system that only has this cam at the moment..I will a/b a hikvision 3mp and let you know
Its been 2.5 hours and no signal loss, though when i logged in via the mobile app it was reporting 1fps for a few seconds then went back to 15...not sure what was happening..I may need to record the footage to look over it.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it does eat up more resources because I can tell that streaming in nvr or tiny cam viewer it can get choppy at full bit rate. Have you tried lowering resolution along with bit rate?
Yes, I've tried both. Doesn't seem to help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I've tried both. Doesn't seem to help.
I ran it all night with no drops. On a i5-650 (weak first gen i5) its the longse at 5mp and 15fps uses about 30 percent and a hikvision/lts cube at 3mp uses about 25 percent (i was recording tv via media center at the same time i tested, however it was recording during both camera tests)

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ran it all night with no drops. On a i5-650 (weak first gen i5) its the longse at 5mp and 15fps uses about 30 percent and a hikvision/lts cube at 3mp uses about 25 percent (i was recording tv via media center at the same time i tested, however it was recording during both camera tests)
Thanks for that @fenderman.

Overnight I tried a number of different camera setting (fps, resolution, bitrate), but nothing changed the rate of dropouts/disconnects. The only setting I have found which has an effect on the how often it drops out is the receive buffer in BI. The lower I set it, the fewer dropouts. But the best I can get is about 1/hour, and CPU uasage remains much higher than with other cams.

Given your experience with it, it's clearly not a BI issue. Maybe some difference with the cameras (might have been a hardware upgrade, given the poe is now inbuilt too), or something to do with my network/hardware (don't know why other cams aren't affected though).

Camera is shelved for now. Maybe I'll try it again some time with a trial version of BI on another machine.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that @fenderman.

Overnight I tried a number of different camera setting (fps, resolution, bitrate), but nothing changed the rate of dropouts/disconnects. The only setting I have found which has an effect on the how often it drops out is the receive buffer in BI. The lower I set it, the fewer dropouts. But the best I can get is about 1/hour, and CPU uasage remains much higher than with other cams.

Given your experience with it, it's clearly not a BI issue. Maybe some difference with the cameras (might have been a hardware upgrade, given the poe is now inbuilt too), or something to do with my network/hardware (don't know why other cams aren't affected though).

Camera is shelved for now. Maybe I'll try it again some time with a trial version of BI on another machine.
If you try with a trial version of bi, keep in mind that direct to disc is not full implemented so cpu will be sky high. What was the cameras iframe interval set to?

imaz

n3wb
Reaction score
The blurred picture of the women, I would think that's an issue with the IR. if she was to stand still at the far end(mid distance of the driveway) I would think she would be more recognisable.

Imaz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It's already resolved, but with people that were still or further away it wasn't an issue

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you try with a trial version of bi, keep in mind that direct to disc is not full implemented so cpu will be sky high. What was the cameras iframe interval set to?
OK, thanks for that info, I didn't realise that.

iframe was set to 1 sec.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know who is herespeed, but it takes you there from longse firmware download.

Reaction score
After upgrading to the latest firmware I can't say I've noticed much difference. That could be because the motion I record isn't close up.

What frame rate are people running the camera at. Currently I'm running with all default settings, so fps is 30, except bit rate which I upped to 8192.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
After upgrading to the latest firmware I can't say I've noticed much difference. That could be because the motion I record isn't close up.

What frame rate are people running the camera at. Currently I'm running with all default settings, so fps is 30, except bit rate which I upped to 8192.
If you didn't have this problem, especially with people far away then new firmware wouldn't make any difference. I am running at 30 fps 8000 Mbps.