5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: 5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90

It will, there is rtsp streaming over port 554. The problem though when you change default http port 80 onvif streaming no longer works. At least in Tiny Cam Viewer Pro.
Cool! Thanks klasipca.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a networking whiz, but I think I may be able to do some routing and VLAN magic to get the same client port on multiple clients to talk to different server ports on the same server. Good news is when I buy one, if we have an issue, we'll be in the same boat and can maybe put our heads together on a solution.
Sounds good, thanks riceandbeans! One way or another it should be all good then.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Nevermind on port issue, it appears to be working after a few tries or when I changed to H264 streaming.

Last edited by a moderator:

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't get streaming to work using any other port besides default 80 in NVR or Tiny Cam Viewer. Huisun had the same issue and they fixed in the newer firmware.
Why the preference for a different port klasipca?

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Wow. Pitch dark, as in not even IR?

- - - Updated - - -

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I don't believe so Atom. I believe I see IR reflection off of that traffic cone.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

I meant no external light source. IR is on

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@klasipca do you have any other IR from other cameras in this scene? I see the Huisun camera and it appears pointed back at this camera so I'm curious if you have any other cams in the yard adding IR - if not this camera appears to have a very wide powerful IR throw as the trees appear lit by another IR source

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Nope, no other IR in the area, that Huisun that you see and another one around the corner had IR turned off

djsomi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'v recently buyed this type of cam, and received with FW ver: 5.1.35.1. There was no RTSP stream available, but today I've upgraded to 5.1.49.1 and I've found that the 554 port is open now.

So afterward I can use the stream with: rtsp://IP_ADDRESS:554 also with VLC player, and also with geniusvision NVR.

genius.PNG

BR
Zoltan

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'v recently buyed this type of cam, and received with FW ver: 5.1.35.1. There was no RTSP stream available, but today I've upgraded to 5.1.49.1 and I've found that the 554 port is open now.

So afterward I can use the stream with: rtsp://IP_ADDRESS:554 also with VLC player, and also with geniusvision NVR.

View attachment 7103

BR
Zoltan
Nice, just tried that url works in vlc

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IQ at night looks great, especially when you compare it to the 4mp hikvision using its own IR only.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IQ at night looks great, especially when you compare it to the 4mp hikvision using its own IR only.
In my opinion, DEFINITELY better than 4MP Hikvision...but not "great." twocents.gif

But maybe I will think it's great after Klispca tunes the ui settings. thumbsup.gif

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More night images will help me tune my opinion! More please Mr. Klasipca! Ma...ma...ma...more! smiley20.gif

tomw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the record, I AM very appreciative of the efforts of klasipca to assist the community. It's thorugh his efforts that I have made a purchase of a related dome and will likely buy this cam too.

Remember this is pitch black and not a full res image. Extremely impressive if you ask me.
It's not pitch black as it has IR lights - so it is a lit scene.
Then it comes down to a combination of the quality of the IR leds and the lens/sensor/processing.
It is an unknown lux.
It is a compresed/non-full res. image.
It is not showing any movement.

All this means it's extremely subjective at this stage and we really need to go by klasipca's comment and perspective more than the images.

Once we get a video at full res. under known lux showing a moving object we'll be in a better position to make a call on it's low light capability.
Until then, it's hard to know if it's good in low light or just good IR led's.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the record, I AM very appreciative of the efforts of klasipca to assist the community. It's thorugh his efforts that I have made a purchase of a related dome and will likely buy this cam too.

It's not pitch black as it has IR lights - so it is a lit scene.
Then it comes down to a combination of the quality of the IR leds and the lens/sensor/processing.
It is an unknown lux.
It is a compresed/non-full res. image.
It is not showing any movement.

All this means it's extremely subjective at this stage and we really need to go by klasipca's comment and perspective more than the images.

Once we get a video at full res. under known lux showing a moving object we'll be in a better position to make a call on it's low light capability.
Until then, it's hard to know if it's good in low light or just good IR led's.
It has to be good in low light and not just the IR, that's the whole point of the 1/1.8" sensor.

Btw here's a night video with movement