Banned
Reaction score

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lets try again. Both cams at 5pm

Hikvision 4MP dome

s500, using default image settings, except increased bitrate to 8000

Despite its shortcomings, I think it still deserves the title of low light destroyer. Such a nice clean image.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am cautiously trying again to change from default settings without triggering image over processing as I showed earlier. It appears when AE Auto used it uses less then 1/25 for shutter. Getting different results with 1/25 and Gain enabled.

Last edited by a moderator:

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am cautiously trying again to change from default settings without triggering image over processing as I showed earlier. It appears when AE Auto used it uses less then 1/25 for shutter. Getting different results with 1/25 and Gain enabled.
Sounds good. It looks like that motion blur at night is the main issue these have. GL!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't suppose ONVIF Device Manager would allow you to change image settings without adverse side effects? A more limited set of parameters, but a different way in to the configuration.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I don't suppose ONVIF Device Manager would allow you to change image settings without adverse side effects? A more limited set of parameters, but a different way in to the configuration.
I haven't tried it, for now just using camera ui to make the changes. I suspect it's DNR setting primarily which I am leaving on default for now. Right now the picture looks nice, better during day then what I've was getting before. I also noticed screenshot captures don't look as good as actual video. I will post daylight video soon.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the image over processing issue..instead of reloading the firmware did you try removing power from the camera? I have a similar issue with a hikvision turbo hd, whenever I access the osd menu to change settings, the image goes all strange. Factory reset doesn't fix it, have to pull the power and its fine when it boots back up.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
For the image over processing issue..instead of reloading the firmware did you try removing power from the camera? I have a similar issue with a hikvision turbo hd, whenever I access the osd menu to change settings, the image goes all strange. Factory reset doesn't fix it, have to pull the power and its fine when it boots back up.
I didn't pull power, I've rebooted it via web interface.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I've prepared list of bugs I found and sent it to Longse. Hopefully Major issues will be addressed related to Image settings, grammar I don't care too much.

1. Major: AE Mode - Auto causes motion blur of objects at night. Appears to use shutter less than 1/25

2. Major: AE Mode – Manual with Gain Control results in images either over exposed or underexposed. For instance if the Gain control set during Night time image will be overexposed during daylight and vice versa. Need to implement Auto Gain Control feature for this mode to work properly!

3. Major: Corrupt/over processed images when attempting to fine tune the picture with DNR Mode set to Both Manual and using Sharpness. Unable to get back to original default settings with good picture.

Steps:

Set sharpness to max

Set DNR Mode to Manual and all values to max

Set sharpness back to default value

Set DNR Mode back to Auto

Note the image quality which has been degraded, during daylight it may show occasional corruption as below. I don’t have exact steps to reproduce this, but it happened when I was making changes to Sharpness, DNR, AE and I had to reset the camera to get things back to normal.

4. Medium. Restoring Factory Settings doesn’t reset settings for image quality. I had to reload firmware to get default (optimal results)

5. Minor: Misspelling

Should be “Both Manual” & “DNR Mode”

Should be “Closed”

Should be “Defog Mode”

Should be "Login failed. Please make sure the username and password is correct"

6. Minor. Language default to Chinese when logging in or log out

7. Minor. Remember Me button doesn’t Remember anything

8. Medium. Video Auto mode causes Ir Cut filter turn on/off at night time every few seconds

Last edited by a moderator:

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great stuff klasipca. If they respond by addressing at least the major issues it will not only result in a better camera, but also a great deal of faith in the company and their products. What they do next will be very telling...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Great stuff klasipca. If they respond by addressing at least the major issues it will not only result in a better camera, but also a great deal of faith in the company and their products. What they do next will be very telling...
Thanks! Really hoping for this to work out. My contact from Longse forwarded the issues to technical support, so I will keep you updated.

tomw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good work, they should hire you for QA.

fwiw, this: "Login failed. Please make sure the username and password is correct"
Should be this:
"Login failed. Please make sure the username and password are correct""

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Good work, they should hire you for QA.

fwiw, this: "Login failed. Please make sure the username and password is correct"
Should be this:
"Login failed. Please make sure the username and password are correct""
Heh, I've been in QA in the past for a long time, not really looking for any more of it :)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I've been monitoring/reviewing video from my NVR for the past few days and just loving the clean image. I did set NVR to record at 1080p though, because 5MP image with 8000 bitrate @25fps seems too much to handle for my NVR to display in the live view. Unfortunately, nothing I can do about motion blur at the moment at night, but I hope technical support will come through with this.