5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Attached. Also don't forget to reset camera after upgrade

In help section you will find this:

For google chrome browser does not support npapi default widget solution (google announced its version is no longer supported after 45 npapi plugin)
1: Enter chrome://flags page, find the "Enable NPAPI Mac, Windows" start it, and then restart the browser
2: Left-click on the upper right corner of the browser "Customize and control google chrome", select the drop-down list in the "Settings" to enter the settings page, click on the bottom of the "Advanced Settings", the first "pre-fetching resources to more quickly load the page "checkbox removed, and then click on the" content Settings "to enter the content settings interface, find the" widget ", select" manage all plug-ins ", click enter, find" LsNetClientCtl ", check the "always allowed to run"
3: Again restart the browser, you can
For Firefox browser,Left-click on the upper right corner of the browser "Open Menu" and select "add-ons" to find "LsNetClientCtl", select the "Always active"

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So, I ended up messing up with the settings last night running overnight with no adverse effect so far. Picture still looks amazing at night and slightly better during a day as I reduced some over sharpening. I also upgraded firmware on my other camera with IMX124 sensor, also with new UI. The updated for IMX124 didn't go that well because they gave me partial firmware, but quick TV session with Longse engineers resolved this fairly quickly. I gotta say the support with Longse miles better then what we get with Huisun cams.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Soo, it looks like they've got a bad batch of lenses on at least some of the newer cameras that are screwing up the video quality because they're focused for either day or night but not both?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, the new UI doesn't change any functionality at all.

Still no control over 'auto-iris' (or digital equivalent) in manual exposure mode,
which means you need to leave it set to auto and live with the motion blur.

I re-focused one of my S500 turrets, to see if that would help, but I may not have
done a good job as that cam now is sharper during day, but fuzzier at night than the other.
factory focus may be somewhere in between optimal day/night setting, not ideal for either.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like I'm listening to the 5:00 news...How about some good news for a change.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The good news UI Hikvision-like is nice, didn't break anything and no image control issues that I can tell.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
"no image control issues that I can tell."

no new ones, at least. the one i pointed out before still exists.
(changing AE mode settings has side effect of changing
your WDR settings without being reflected in UI)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
"no image control issues that I can tell."

no new ones, at least. the one i pointed out before still exists.
(changing AE mode settings has side effect of changing
your WDR settings without being reflected in UI)
It's not an issue, it's a design flaw

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Implementing manual exposure as fixed instead of as a max (like most other cams do) is a 'design flaw'.

Hidden side-effects of config changes that confuse users is probably not designed, but rather an unintended bug.

My point was that whatever you call them, neither of these 'issues' are any better with the new UI.

Something about "gilding a turd" comes to mind. Yeah, I went there. Mwaaa-haa-haa...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I think we just have to agree that he got a lemon. There are many negatives but night vision isn't one of them

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I just noticed something new (and potential positive) with the new FW.

MY S500's now show up in Hikvision's SADP. They didn't before.
Haven't tried using it to change anything, but there they are...

Rice

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since updating to the new firmware (thanks klasipca :)), I've notice a strange problem...
The camera time overlay is sometimes there... Sometimes not!
Anyone else had this?

Rice

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
yes, i've noticed that also. it seems to happen some time before the cam crashes.

It also seems correlated to leaving the UI up in Explorer. I get an Explorer crash, then notice that BI
has lost touch with the cam and last video from it had no OSD. Sometimes the cam comes back
on its own, other times, I need to unplug the poe ethernet connection and power cycle it.