5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some will say I must have got a couple of lemons, but I really think this decent piece of hardware
(big hi-rez sensor, well built tho a bit goofy looking) is crippled by its firmware for use as real 'surveillance' apparatus.
Nice still shots, sure, but for useful records of motion, no better than cheaper, better-supported options.
So, if you can get your perps to stand still while you take their hi-rez snapshots, these are perfect. :)
I respectfully disagree @pozzello Cheers.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some will say I must have got a couple of lemons, but I really think this decent piece of hardware
(big hi-rez sensor, well built tho a bit goofy looking) is crippled by its firmware for use as real 'surveillance' apparatus.
Nice still shots, sure, but for useful records of motion, no better than cheaper, better-supported options.
So, if you can get your perps to stand still while you take their hi-rez snapshots, these are perfect. :)
Here's an example why I disagree pozzello...my first YouTube upload BTW so be kind...and the raw BI video seems to me to be clearer when I play it in the BI Console...

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By the way, that is the dead of night and the only light being cast is from the S500's IR.

Zeddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this still the best link to buy from? http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/pH8Q9QC

What is the difference between CS Len 5mm and MTV Borad Len? How do you choose PoE? I click the Optional PoE USB6 button and the cost went down to $22.23.
I couldn't figure that out either, plus they have a note at the bottom saying that the product is not in stock and is manufactured when you place your order. I searched Aliexpress for the model number and found another seller. Still haven't pulled the trigger yet. :sad2:

Rice

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
...think I've got a lemon too!
The IR failed from day one. When it is set at 5mp main stream, I get a lot of dropped frames. It is like the camera is running in slow motion, then to catch up it skips a few seconds! Now I've dropped it down to 2mp main stream, it randomly falls over. Like pozzello has pointed out, the on screen clock first disappears then shortly after it crashes!

On paper the hardware is very good, the poor firmware is the weak point.

I had a ZxTech branded camera that used the same firmware, and that frustrated the life out of me due to the same type of issues.

Pity, this could be a great camera! They just need to sort the firmware out!

Rice

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can this cam be mounted on a side wall instead of ceiling?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
the turrets? sure. most cams are adjustable enough for any angle mounting.
Some don't support 'corridor' mode, being installed sideways for taller narrower view,
but if using BI, it can adjust for that if needed...

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's actually less fugly in that photo then the stock ones.
You continue to call the Longse LRDC60S500 "fugly" and I demand that you put an end to the abuse you have heaped upon this beautiful piece of hardware. Cease and desist sir!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The beauty is in the eye.... you know... I actually appreciate the looks as it doesn't exactly look like a typical IP cam from far away.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I can never get it out of my head that it looks like a robot cat.
Damn. Now that you mention it I can see that. Dd you really have to point that out...now I'm gonna to see a robot cat every time I look at that friggin' camera.

morpheus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would be interested in the power consumption. Longse says 3W. Does anybody have a POE-Switch which can show the consumption?