5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The bracket is a bit "clunky" though. It consists of a series of joints held in place with a hex head screw and some grub screws. However it does the job despite seeming a bit basic, with everything being nice and solid once the screws are tightened up.
20151231_110320.jpg

20151231_110301.jpg

To try and give an idea of the range of positioning available, here it is broken down a bit:
20151231_110650.jpg

So, where it fits up agaisnt the back of the camera, it can be rotated to any position. Then there's the middle joint, which can be adjusted a little over 90° in the direction of the cutout facing us in the picture. The last joint, between the bracket base and the middle part of the bracket can also be rotated 360°. Between these 3 joints it's possible to pretty much align the camera any way you want.

I agree with the comments about the chunky POE splitter making it more difficult to install with minimum fuss.

One thing to be aware of though is that water can enter the bracket, and could quite easily travel along the wiring. It won't be enough to just make sure the join between the mounting surfaces of the bracket and whatever it's fixed to are sealed. The hole the wires go through will also need to be sealed.
20151231_110828.jpg

Coming up soon, some images of it in action...

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here are a couple of images from BI. I tried taking screenshts from the Web UI but they're not the correct aspect ratio. These are not perfect by far, but they are equally imperfect, so may give some comparison at least... I think the night shots will be of more interest anyway.

BTW, they're big files (trying not to lose even more IQ), apologies if they take forever to load.

Hikvision 3mp turret, 6mm (1920x1080)
BHouse.20151231_123800.jpg

Longse (2048x1536) (WDR set to "medium")
LongSB1.20151231_123736.jpg

Out of interest, this is Longse's take on 1920x1080 - in other words a 4:3 image squashed to fit a 16:9 format. Yuk!
LongSB1.20151231_124906.jpg

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Do you notice the grain in video during daylight in Hik and mostly lack of it in Logse?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The bracket is a bit "clunky" though. It consists of a series of joints held in place with a hex head screw and some grub screws. However it does the job despite seeming a bit basic, with everything being nice and solid once the screws are tightened up.
View attachment 7364

View attachment 7367

To try and give an idea of the range of positioning available, here it is broken down a bit:
View attachment 7365

So, where it fits up agaisnt the back of the camera, it can be rotated to any position. Then there's the middle joint, which can be adjusted a little over 90° in the direction of the cutout facing us in the picture. The last joint, between the bracket base and the middle part of the bracket can also be rotated 360°. Between these 3 joints it's possible to pretty much align the camera any way you want.

I agree with the comments about the chunky POE splitter making it more difficult to install with minimum fuss.

One thing to be aware of though is that water can enter the bracket, and could quite easily travel along the wiring. It won't be enough to just make sure the join between the mounting surfaces of the bracket and whatever it's fixed to are sealed. The hole the wires go through will also need to be sealed.
View attachment 7366

Coming up soon, some images of it in action...
Atom...these images are not clickable...please fix! Thanks much!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Atom...may I also trouble you to post the link/URL to where you purchased your bullet?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
My contribution for different modes (I kind of like no IR option and just rely on motion flood light, it looks like it will take care of the motion blur):

Last edited by a moderator:

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you notice the grain in video during daylight in Hik and mostly lack of it in Logse?
Actually, with WDR set to medium in the Longse, in parts of the picture I notice the grain as much as in the Hik. There's not a great deal of difference. If looking closely, they're both noticeable once a second (the iframe).

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: 5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90

Atom...these images are not clickable...please fix! Thanks much!
Sorry Q, I have no idea why they're not clickable for you. I just uploaded them using the normal image upload function, and they work for me.

Anyone ales having same problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Atom...may I also trouble you to post the link/URL to where you purchased your bullet?
From here Q

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3752-Hisilicon-Hi3516A-1-1-8-SONY-IMX178-Real-Time-5MP-Infrared-Onvif-Network-H/32430908046.html

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I don't use WDR, it seems to do more damage then good, these are the settings I have

Last edited by a moderator:

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My contribution for different modes (I kind of like no IR option and just rely on motion flood light, it looks like it will take care of the motion blur):
If you've got plenty of white light available, it certainly looks good!

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't use WDR, it seems to do more damage then good, these are the settings I have
How about daytime though klasipca? You may not have the same issue, but if I turn WDR off I have dark areas in the images I posted. There's bright, sunlit areas, then spots such as the far left corner of the house where the trees are which is in complete darkness.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
If you've got plenty of white light available, it certainly looks good!
I see, in my case not so great.

Btw, here is a hint for you how to disable ir cut filter. Basically I did not find a button to disable it, so I am sort of using a workaround which might be a bug:

1. Set to LDR Auto (if not set)
2. Save
3. Set to Video Auto
4. Save
5. Wait until ircut filter turns off (depends on the ircut filter time setting)
6. Set to B&W or Color
7. Save

I am not sure if Video Auto is the purpose for this or not, but whatever it works.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Thanks! Which lens did you receive?
I went with the 5mm. They did offer the 3.6mm though. Good comms, POE cost $8 extra, reasonable time to ship, well packaged.

Edit that: POE usually cost $8 extra, they included it without the $8.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Sorry Q, I have no idea why they're not clickable for you. I just uploaded them using the normal image upload function, and they work for me...
Thanks Atom...not caused by you I am certain of that. Now the first three are clickable but not the 4th image...go figure!

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Thanks Atom...not caused by you I am certain of that. Now the first three are clickable but not the 4th image...go figure!
Weirdness for sure! Hopefully it will sort itself out before the new year...

- - - Updated - - -

BI to the rescue! Have just set an "area of interest" for the camera and now have my 16:9 image.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So I think Q already has the trigger on the "Buy" button, just waiting for final set of night time images from you :)