5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
My bullet version is currently having a few days holiday in a DHL warehouse somewhere not far from here...
Did you get yours?

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it arrived yesterday. Will hopefully have time to get to it soon.
While I'd prefer a turret, I'm curious to see if you have similar experiences as klasipca...also curious to see it in different location scenarios. Would this be best in a small back/side yard, which would already be mostly poorly lit?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, it arrived yesterday. Will hopefully have time to get to it soon.
Just don't make the same mistake I did and go crazy with changing all default settings. It looks great by default I would just bump bit rate and see how it looks.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just don't make the same mistake I did and go crazy with changing all default settings. It looks great by default I would just bump bit rate and see how it looks.
OK, thanks @klasipca.

Just having a quick look now. One thing that seems a bit odd, when set to 1920x1080 it just stretches (out of proportion) the same image from the higher resolutions. Is this what you found too?

Last edited by a moderator:

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yup, it's not wide frame, I think resolution is 4:3 format
Thanks.

I should have checked that apparently. It never even occurred to me that if 1920x1080 was listed that it wasn't actually 1920x1080. Where I want to use it half the image/pixels will be wasted on sky and ground. Am going to have to rethink this...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Check my comparison a few pages back with Hik 4MP. You are loosing maybe 10% in horizontal view. In my case it's perfectly fine.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
True, it's not much lost in horizontal view, but it's a lot gained in vertical view. So in my case I want to watch over the back of a building. I want the available resolution/pixels to cover the width of the building, but with 4:3 a lot of the picture covers sky and ground. So it's wasted resolution (and screen real estate) in this case. I can see it would be ideal in many other situations though.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just grabbed some screenshots with BI comparing the cam (it's dark here) with a Hik 3mp turret, but the jpegs are really bad quality. I'll have to sort that out and get some better ones, day and night, in the next day or so. One thing I can confirm at least is that it works fine in BI.

I'm using it with a 28W IR illuminator, and the motion blur isn't very noticeable. The pic isn't much brighter than the Hik, but it's a whole lot clearer and cleaner. I'll get some comparisons with and without the extra IR too.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just grabbed some screenshots with BI comparing the cam (it's dark here) with a Hik 3mp turret, but the jpegs are really bad quality. I'll have to sort that out and get some better ones, day and night, in the next day or so. One thing I can confirm at least is that it works fine in BI.

I'm using it with a 28W IR illuminator, and the motion blur isn't very noticeable. The pic isn't much brighter than the Hik, but it's a whole lot clearer and cleaner. I'll get some comparisons with and without the extra IR too.
Put the cam full screen and take a print screen, paste in paint and save as png.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

You can do full resolution captures in the camera UI. Occasionally, I get failed error message when change some settings, I haven't figured out the reason why it happens.

Can you try without IR illuminator and see if motion blur is worse? Also, can you set IRcut filter to "Video Auto" and tell us the results.

You can brighten up the image if needed with WDR or Backlight settings and there is brightness as well.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's almost to the point I can pick out a Sony sensor. It says 16:9 but you say it is stretch to fit? I wonder why that was chosen... seems odd.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It's almost to the point I can pick out a Sony sensor. It says 16:9 but you say it is stretch to fit? I wonder why that was chosen... seems odd.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I guess those are different sensor sizes, but, yeah, I was surprised they went with 4:3 format.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just curious for the sake of conversation, any reason to choose the bullet over the other style besides price?
I didn't look at the specs, I'm multi tasking but I'm up for conversation lol

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just curious for the sake of conversation, any reason to choose the bullet over the other style besides price?
I didn't look at the specs, I'm multi tasking but I'm up for conversation lol
The only reason I went with the bullet over the turret is because the bullet is IP66 rated, whereas the turret is supposedly not weather proof.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Given that @klasipca has provided so much great info on the camera already, for this post I'll focus mainly on bullet specific info.

(I'm breaking this post into 2 because I am exceeding the character limit with the images)

Firstly, it arrived like so:
20151231_110057.jpg

Packaging was fine and undamaged.

In the box is:
20151231_110146.jpg

Pretty standard stuff. A few screws and plugs for mountng, a hex key for adjusting the bracket, gland seal for the lan cable side of the connector, CD with a few Windows and Mac apps (actually I think there's some Android and iOS apps on there too, not sure what they are though, didn't look), and some instructions.

The instructions explain how to install their "IP camera search" tool to configure the network settings, but when I tried to install it I got an error saying the application wasn't a Windows app and it refused to install (yes, I was definitely trying the Win version...). As klasipca explains earlier on in this thread, the camera is set to a static IP of 192.168.1.168 by defualt, so I it was just a matter of connecting to a machine I could directly access it on, logging in through the browser interface, and changing it so it would work on my network (all I did was enable DHCP, I don't use 192.168.1.xxx which is why I needed a separate machine to access it).

20151231_110230.jpg

It seems solidly constructed. All metal, no apparent quality issues.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Images are not visible, please post links below images in case it doesn't open for other people as well.