A New Doorbell

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the consensus not to get the AD410, or the Lorex 2k, or the IMOU 2K - they are all the same hardware it seems.
When scanned for the Lorex in TinyCamPro it came up as a Dahua model DH-SD59225U-HNI [port 80] which is weird as port 80 doesn't work on this. Seems like a common model that comes up as I have an Amcrest and that came up as the same model pretty much.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Amcrest use IMOU Platform as the app, ours will use DMSS. IMOU is really a terrible app.
Thanks for the reply. Was not aware of that - so the 3 cameras, all based on dahua hardware use a different platform, and dahua "branded" doorbell will use DMSS.
Will it be available to Canada at the same time as US? i.e The AD410 is not available to purchase IN Canada.

fishead

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had the Lorex version of this doorbell since late June this year. The installation did cause me a lot of problems as I'm in the UK (bought from Amazon US). We use lower voltages in Europe for existing doorbells so getting an appropriate transformer did cause a few headaches as did getting it to work with my Mesh Wi-Fi and Blue Iris. Mostly my lack of knowledge to how my Mesh Wi-Fi was set up. However, since I've got it working it's been reasonably reliable.

Good;

Announces via my four Echo dots and one Echo show almost immediately.
Video and audio good.
Works well in Blue Iris as just another camera.
No monthly fee which was a must for me.

Bad:

Poor Wi-Fi range, I had to move one of my Mesh units to within 6 feet to get a stable connection.
Inconsistent announcement on my phone. Sometimes there is a significant lag even went I'm at home.
Can only have live view through one device when using the Lorex app.

Settings within Blue Iris were a bit of a learning curve to find out what suited it best as some did cause it to consistently drop signal. Mostly this was due to too high a frame rate and how the video was being processed. It still does occasionally but now its just for a few seconds instead of minutes at a time. I believe this is due to the Wi-Fi connection. If I force it to connect at 5Ghz its fine, on 2.4Ghz it drops. Unfortunately there is no way I can keep it connected at 5Ghz unless I switch off 2.4Ghz on my Mesh network which I can't do because of the 2.4Ghz only devices that I have. It seems to default to 2.4Ghz.

Would I buy it again, yes, as it does what we want which is to have a doorbell with video in our summer house at the bottom of the garden which is where we spend a lot of our time now we are both, or soon to be, retired. We were missing too many deliveries / visitors.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is the consensus not to get the AD410, or the Lorex 2k, or the IMOU 2K - they are all the same hardware it seems.
When scanned for the Lorex in TinyCamPro it came up as a Dahua model DH-SD59225U-HNI [port 80] which is weird as port 80 doesn't work on this. Seems like a common model that comes up as I have an Amcrest and that came up as the same model pretty much.
I have the AD410 and it's working very well for me. Integrates with BI and day/night image quality is really good.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy, can this be used without the indoor monitor? That is, can this be connected to just work as a doorbell button, and then also record to Blue Iris?

Thank you!
Barry
it can, but you will lose some functions.

remember:
ALL dahua and hikvision intercoms (which works with indoor station) are unable to connect a chime ! So if you are using without a display, you have no indoor chime, only your smartphone !

there are some ways around it like solder directly to the button OR catch the button press via api and send it to a network relay but if you have no idea of this stuff and no linux server (or rpi) at home , its impossible.

if you can wait i may do a review of another smart doorbell this month (if the product is good for posting here), which may fill the needs of most.

dahua and hikvision is always one step forward and two back. in theory they can just link an included relay to the button press in firmware, but they dont want. there are some chinese who just include what they feel someone needs,... and having a chime for a doorbell is not on their list. LOL

Last edited:

goetter

n3wb
Reaction score
Would the SIP external server feature be enough to trigger a chime or some other "hey someone at the door" thing?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
There are might be some solutions.
If you are using it with an external SIP server, you are also losing some functions. But sure, if you use an external sip server you can call ringgroup which include a normal telephone.

On hikvision intercoms you lose ANY possibility to use their app with the intercom with own sip server, on dahua devices i think you are still able to use their "over-cloud" connection.

Dahua and Hikvision doorbells/intercoms are always a pain in the ass and works best when they are connected to their own equipment (indoor stations, app, p2p cloud....)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This doorbell has been released. when ready to sell? I think have to wait to later Jan or Middle Feb.
Chinese new year is coming soon, so will have some delay.

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Will there be a battery version? I think Dahua are missing this part of the DB market

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, that is the point, hardware is same. But the DMSS version DB still not release, so next month can be ok

As long they fix the DMSS notification issue before then ...

Device "local" notification works on iPhone notification

Device "account" notification does not work on iPhone notification but it keep record of event on account for each camera detection.

I prefer to use account to have accurate time and date recorded and I would like to be alerted on my iPhone at same time too :p

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
As long they fix the DMSS notification issue before then ...

Device "local" notification works on iPhone notification

Device "account" notification does not work on iPhone notification but it keep record of event on account for each camera detection.

I prefer to use account to have accurate time and date recorded and I would like to be alerted on my iPhone at same time too :p
What type of equipment are you using? The version of the FW, and the version of DMSS? dahua ask for it.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any difference between this Dahua and the amcrest ad410 and lorex 2k? Looks exactly as the same spec and features. Is the only difference the sw? (DMSS vs the mobile apps). Does the dahua have its own web server for configuration directly?

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any difference between this Dahua and the amcrest ad410 and lorex 2k? Looks exactly as the same spec and features. Is the only difference the sw? (DMSS vs the mobile apps). Does the dahua have its own web server for configuration directly?
This is a completely different doorbell. The AD410 and the Lorex 2k are 4MP while this one is 5MP. I'm not sure if they're on different sensors and I am yet to see a side by side comparison, so I'm not sure how the two compare yet.