A46 baby monitor. Web configuration stripped

Guido87

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it's very confusing for a new user... i have enough knowledge about networking and this stuff.
the manual that comes with the camera says nothing about toolbox... the only talk about easyviewer app and the QR code.

nice to mention... the manual mentions that you can mount the a46 upside down...too a ceiling, it comes with a black plastic clip and screws.
you can twist the camera on too that clip.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it's very confusing for a new user... i have enough knowledge about networking and this stuff.
the manual that comes with the camera says nothing about toolbox... the only talk about easyviewer app and the QR code.

nice to mention... the manual mentions that you can mount the a46 upside down...too a ceiling, it comes with a black plastic clip and screws.
you can twist the camera on too that clip.
The config tool may not work at all on these cameras, the lechange app may be the only option. I was simply saying if you're going to try the config tool on one of these cameras, make sure you're using the latest version.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I did tried the configtool, it didn't see the camera at all even I am able to ping it from my laptop.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I did tried the configtool, it didn't see the camera at all even I am able to ping it from my laptop.
Going through @Kameraad's post in the other A46 thread, it looks like SmartPSS sees it. At least his and mine did. I just hit "Auto Search", and it showed up (along with my other IP cameras). Was able to hit the gear icon to edit it, then as a test went into Camera > Encode > Overlay and was able to change the Channel Display from IPC to A46.

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 6.00.59 PM.png

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Going through @Kameraad's post in the other A46 thread, it looks like SmartPSS sees it. At least his and mine did. I just hit "Auto Search", and it showed up (along with my other IP cameras). Was able to hit the gear icon to edit it, then as a test went into Camera > Encode > Overlay and was able to change the Channel Display from IPC to A46.

View attachment 28287

Ok I will try the SmartPSS, does it allow you to pick the wifi SSDI and put in passkey for it?

Guido87

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was struggling to. I think the problem is the gui that not exists. I connected first time to a switch. And found it with configtool. Did the initialize. After this I couldn't find it anymore. Switch changed to router modus, so dhcp on. And I found the camera with smarttpss.

Have too play with it some more to understand.

Hope I can view it, with an save app on my lan. And from other places through openvpn on Asus router.

Don't like the lechange cloud system....
Feels like big brother is watching me

IPDaily

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the A26 version which is essentially the same. I had difficulty getting the wifi setup on it with the lechange app too - probably due to my wifi being an Orbi mesh system with the router plus two satellites - I think it was a bit too much for the initial config tool to handle! Also remember that these A26/46 cams won't work on 5GHz (though most routers which do 5GHz will also be providing 2.4 anyway).

In the end I was able to get it to work by setting it up via wired connection first (using the lechange app) and then wireless worked after that. I have since ended up just using it in wired mode anyway, but you should be able to set it up for wireless if you need it.

You will need to use the lechange app for wireless setup, turning auto tracking on/off, and turning the glowing light on/off. For everything else I would recommend using SmartPSS from a PC as besides those settings it allows you to do far more.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the A26 version which is essentially the same. I had difficulty getting the wifi setup on it with the lechange app too - probably due to my wifi being an Orbi mesh system with the router plus two satellites - I think it was a bit too much for the initial config tool to handle! Also remember that these A26/46 cams won't work on 5GHz (though most routers which do 5GHz will also be providing 2.4 anyway).

In the end I was able to get it to work by setting it up via wired connection first (using the lechange app) and then wireless worked after that. I have since ended up just using it in wired mode anyway, but you should be able to set it up for wireless if you need it.

You will need to use the lechange app for wireless setup, turning auto tracking on/off, and turning the glowing light on/off. For everything else I would recommend using SmartPSS from a PC as besides those settings it allows you to do far more.
I kind of figured that I would need to at least try to get it to communicate with LeChange via wired first so I probably will need to pull out my old wifi router when I get hold from work and set the LAN to 192.168.1.XXX and wired it up to the camera then connect my phone with LeChange app via wifi to that old router. Hopefully it will start communicating with each other allowing me to connect it to my actual home wifi access point. it have both 2.4 and 5 GHZ bands.

I wanted my camera working on the wifi because it will be sitting in my drawer most of the time until I need it to keep an eye on something temporary that the reason I brought it. I don't like camera indoor at all (all my cameras are outdoor around the house) but I wanted something for indoor that I can place in a short time when needed like a nanny, pet cam or even to watch my BBQ grill on the patio etc. I would like just be able to plug it in and flip my phone open to view it or hopefully get the camera to stream to my TinyCam Pro on my Android box that connected to my TV which I use for all of my other cameras.

Guido87

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I kind of figured that I would need to at least try to get it to communicate with LeChange via wired first so I probably will need to pull out my old wifi router when I get hold from work and set the LAN to 192.168.1.XXX and wired it up to the camera then connect my phone with LeChange app via wifi to that old router. Hopefully it will start communicating with each other allowing me to connect it to my actual home wifi access point. it have both 2.4 and 5 GHZ bands.

I wanted my camera working on the wifi because it will be sitting in my drawer most of the time until I need it to keep an eye on something temporary that the reason I brought it. I don't like camera indoor at all (all my cameras are outdoor around the house) but I wanted something for indoor that I can place in a short time when needed like a nanny, pet cam or even to watch my BBQ grill on the patio etc. I would like just be able to plug it in and flip my phone open to view it or hopefully get the camera to stream to my TinyCam Pro on my Android box that connected to my TV which I use for all of my other cameras.
i tested it this evening. first set connection up through wire. after that in lechange app, under Wifi you can select you're network ssid, fill in the network password and when connection is completed, the wifi works.
make sure the camera is getting good wifi signal when setting up wifi connection.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I managed to get the LeChange to see the camera and set up admin password then select wifi and entered password . It stopped at "Adding your device to your Lechange account, please wait" then goes no further than that. I think Dahua is blocking USA from using LeChange to set up the camera

Still experimenting

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone know if it need to have a sd card for live video feed to work? I am getting an offline now on the screen

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
It finally showed up on ConfigTool and I was able to grab it via my NVR and pull it up. Now I got it working using my NVR web service

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
As soon I got PTZ working on iDMSS, my 5 year old daughter had to grab the iPhone from my hand and play the chase herself with PTZ game on it by controlling the camera while she run around in the room lol

Look like a new way to keep her busy so I can have some time to myself :p

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
iDMSS is a hundred times much better than LeChange once I managed to get the camera working with it. The cam is pretty good and I am able to get push alert on my iDMSS. LeChange is bye bye and deleted from my iPhone but unfortunately it is required to set up for the first time if you are going to use wifi with it.

I had to keep killing LeChange app and restart it until it managed to add the device to the LeChange account to be able to access its' settings.

After I set up the wifi then I disconnected the wired ethernet and restart LeChange again to connect to the camera and it gave me access to the settings. I made some adjustment to the setting like turning off the status led etc. The camera was instantly discovered by my NVR so I was able to configure the motion detect and set up recording for it to push to my iDMSS. iDMSS control the camera PTZ and zoom very nicely. My daughter had fun with the PTZ and chased herself around the room with it.

The screenshot push to iDMSS does not work with A46 but it doesn't work with any of my starlight cameras anyway so I wasn't expecting it to work. I am still using the recorded video clips and I use the slider to speed it up to see what triggered the alerts. Several updates ago killed the screenshot alert and I could never get it working again but someone here mentioned in a post that he use live view and have the screenshot emailed to him so I might try this method.

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a IPC A35 version of this cam with aug 2017 firmware and no problem with web access config.

Was the A35 diff firmware wise than the A46?