A46 baby monitor. Web configuration stripped

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How long ago was that? I believe it was the recent firmware which stripped the access to web GUI.
Is there an "ORIGINAL" firmware to the A46 which allowed the web setup on 192.168.1.108 ?

If so, is there a way to flash it to get back that webpage functionality?

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there an "ORIGINAL" firmware to the A46 which allowed the web setup on 192.168.1.108 ?

If so, is there a way to flash it to get back that webpage functionality?

That a good question but I think it a very good camera once I got it working with NVR and iDMSS. I even don't have LeCrapoa install anymore however you will need to install it just to set it up then you can delete that crap out once you get your camera configure to your liking and use NVR instead. I think other got it working on Blue Iris too

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will the A46 setup completely using SmartPSS? If, so can changes be made to camera with SmartPSS remotely too?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Will the A46 setup completely using SmartPSS? If, so can changes be made to camera with SmartPSS remotely too?
No, you still need to set it up with LeChange first. SmartPSS doesn't have all the settings for it like turning off LED or auto tracking feature etc. I never tried to set it up remotely and I don't have the need to change camera remotely on SmartPSS. Once I install the camera and configure it. I don't mess it with anymore and it continue to to do the job that I expect it to do.

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got the A46 to work and integrate into Blue Iris and SmartPSS, initially with LeChange.

I miss the WEB GUI but no big deal.

Great camera.

Iceball

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the A46 to work and integrate into Blue Iris and SmartPSS, initially with LeChange.

I miss the WEB GUI but no big deal.

Great camera.
Did you get the sound to work or is ut just crapling/cracking? I also got the camera working in BI. From what I read from other Dahua threads you need to turn off the noise filter, but for the A46 I can't find and places to turn it off. In smartPSS you can choose between two settings, but not turn it off.

I used Amcrest/Dahua under PTZ to get PT working.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting one of these too. On hunting around online I did find two firmware versions for these. When you extract the bin file, you can see the web-x.squash partition is empty in the newer firmware. In the older firmware that partition is 2.6MB. Since I do NOT yet have one of these I have no idea how you would load the firmware other than using the Config Tool (or manually using a TTL serial cable connection) since the web interface is gone nor can I test that it will allow downgrading. Anyways attached is the older firmware for these that DOES still have the web interface if anyone wants it.

Also important to note. This is ONLY for the following models. I extracted the pd-x partition and it lists them... so do NOT try this on the A35 cameras.
IPC-ACK-1435
IPC-ACK-A26
IPC-ACK-A46
IPC-ACK-C26
IPC-ACK-C46
IPC-ACK-K26
IPC-ACK-K46
IPC-ACK-K86
IPC-AMCREST-1430SN
IPC-TF26

Attachments

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay. Got mine in and started messing with it. Somewhat of an infuriating thing to get configured. Lechange is pretty much mandatory to at least get it initially configured. They have a Windows desktop version which is worse than the stupid app. The desktop version is pretty much useless so do not bother. I'm using a wired connection so your results may differ. Tip - setting up the camera in the app on your phone is easier when you scan the QR code, the tip, there is a duplicate code on the box. Some caveats. As mentioned, a couple of things can ONLY be configured via the app like Smart Track and turning the light ring on/off. You do not have to subscribe to their cloud service. You CAN get the web interface back but it is complicated. You have to physically open it up and use a serial TTL connection to some spots on the circuit board inside. If you REALLY want to do this, read up in the unbricking your Dahua IPC thread on here and find out what all you need. Two of the feet have screws under them, then use a plastic wedge to carefully snap the bottom off. I have the web files from the older firmware and copied them to the device via serial connection and they took just fine. That being said, the web interface, just like anything but the app, also does not have the ability to turn the light on/off nor turn Smart Track on/off. :banghead: If I coudl just be able to control those two things via SmartPSS or through my NVR I'd be happy. Another tip, if you add or mess with the default password in the web interface or anywhere other than the app, the next time you open the app it will hammer it and lock the account out. The only fix is to remove it from the app and then add it again - they give you no where in the app to change that. Maybe the smug, I mean Apple :p version of the app is different (I have a Motorola phone). It seems that they have not done anything consistent for these across ways of using them.

Its an interesting device and I think it can even be viable for commercial use if you plan for its limitations ahead of time since in commercial settings (and many others) once a camera is truly configured and setup, it is rarely messed with anymore. So its pretty much configure it with Lechange, decide if you want the cute light ring on, and decide if you want Smart Track on. I plan on force stopping and disabling Lechange on my phone but I'll leave it installed and re-enable it if I want to change one of those two things.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok. After reading the IPC Easy Unbricking thread I have made a file using that method that should allow someone with an A46 to get the web UI back without needing to get a serial TTL adapter or opening the camera up. You need to read the start of this other thread here > Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP

After reading that be aware. You MUST follow the instructions in Step 1. Then download the attached zip file. Credit goes to @cor35vet and @resegun for figuring much of this out. I've simply taken the download from the start of Step 2 in the above thread, added the web UI part of the firmware, edited the command.txt and run command.bat to generate the recovery file. The way this is configured it will ONLY install the web UI part of the older firmware and does not change the current firmware. Follow Step 1 from the thread I linked above. On Step 2 use the file attached to this post. Download it, and extract it to a folder on your hard drive. Open a command prompt (not sure if you need to open it as administrator or not) and proceed to Step 3 of the thread I linked above. After its done and you reset your network back to normal setting and reset the A46 you should have the web UI back.

Attachments

emsufer

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. After reading the IPC Easy Unbricking thread I have made a file using that method that should allow someone with an A46 to get the web UI back without needing to get a serial TTL adapter or opening the camera up. You need to read the start of this other thread here > Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP

After reading that be aware. You MUST follow the instructions in Step 1. Then download the attached zip file. Credit goes to @cor35vet and @resegun for figuring much of this out. I've simply taken the download from the start of Step 2 in the above thread, added the web UI part of the firmware, edited the command.txt and run command.bat to generate the recovery file. The way this is configured it will ONLY install the web UI part of the older firmware and does not change the current firmware. Follow Step 1 from the thread I linked above. On Step 2 use the file attached to this post. Download it, and extract it to a folder on your hard drive. Open a command prompt (not sure if you need to open it as administrator or not) and proceed to Step 3 of the thread I linked above. After its done and you reset your network back to normal setting and reset the A46 you should have the web UI back.

Is there any way of dumbing this down? I read the threads and just can't seem to follow. I have one of these and would like to get it to work with BI. i have placed it for sale on the classifieds unless I can do what you've explained. I'm not an engineer just a regular guy. Any help would be appreciated.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It seems intimidating and a lot of steps but it is really not too tough. Re-configuring your Windows networking stuff (Step 1 in the other thread I linked) is the most complicated bit - if you can add a static route on your internet router that is the simpler method and you can even leave that configured. That must be done for your computer to have the correct IP address and settings for this to be done. Afterwards you change the setting back to how they were. Once you have done that Step 1, download the file I attached in the prior post. Unzip it to a folder on your computer. Then in the folder you extracted the files in, first run tftpserver.bat, once that has started then run console.bat. Wait for it to finish.

emsufer

n3wb
Reaction score
ok thanks. The TFTPserver wasn't opening at first. I will try and post a screen shot of what it says later today. Config tool finds the cam but not sure it worked. tried logging into the cam but no success. It also didn't have the 192.168.1.108. It had a 192.168.1.67. Heading to work now and will try later.

emsufer

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I may have done it. When Trying to log into the web interface does the user name and password change by default?

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes! Intitially it is admin/admin. As I mentioned earlier, you will also need to delete the device from Lechange phone app and re-add it using the new password as well or Lechange will lock it out trying to login to it with the old password. Also if you have it setup in SmartPSS or and NVR you will need to change its password on those to the newly changed password as well.

Regardless, if you got anything on the screen in a web browser then you did it! :)

emsufer

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I will try when I get home this afternoon. I redid it this morning and it’s on the xxx.xxx.1.108 now. I do get the Dahua web browser. I tried to put admin/admin but no luck. I will try through lechange.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well that at least means it worked and you got the web UI back. Now just have to figure out the login/password combo needed. :)

I believe when I first went into the web UI after adding it that it made me change and set a new password like a new camera does.

emsufer

n3wb
Reaction score
Well that at least means it worked and you got the web UI back. Now just have to figure out the login/password combo needed. :)

I believe when I first went into the web UI after adding it that it made me change and set a new password like a new camera does.

OK, It worked and i was able to get the web server. I was able to find the camera and add it to Blue Iris. Although I can not change the IP address to something I prefer and it stays with the .108 designation. I can also control the PTZ function of the camera.

EMPIRETECANDY, you can direct this to others having question. Thanks MixManSC!

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad to hear it worked. I guess I should also point out that since the web interface files are from the prior version of the firmware that there is going to be a possibility that Dahua made firmware changes that the older web UI files might not be able to work with. That bit is unavoidable.... On the new firmware, it still has the web UI partition for files but they just did not put any of the web UI files in the newer firmware.

I have not tried changing mine to static IP address. I know of another way you might be able to change its IP address. This would be up to your router though - on many you can add devices by their MAC address and specify what IP will always be assigned to a specific MAC address.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, It worked and i was able to get the web server. I was able to find the camera and add it to Blue Iris. Although I can not change the IP address to something I prefer and it stays with the .108 designation. I can also control the PTZ function of the camera.

EMPIRETECANDY, you can direct this to others having question. Thanks MixManSC!
If you want to try risk it, see if you can change the ip adressing using SmartPSS. I had some other model cameras and NVR which I couldn't change the ip address using build in web GUI but I was able to using SmartPSS.

_jjjj

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

New user here so apologies for turning up with a problem but I'm looking for some help to restore my A46 to a working state please.

I recently bought an A46 (from @EMPIRETECANDY, great service BTW) and having set it up I was pleased with its features but disappointed that the web interface was missing. So I followed the helpful steps describe by @MixManSC in message 48 earlier in this thread to restore the web gui but now the camera appears to be stuck in a reboot loop. i.e. power camera on, red ring light illuminates and it rotates the camera to the stop and repeats.

Attached is the output from the console and tftp session when performing the steps to restore the web I/f.

I've also attached a file named printenv_par.txt which is the output from printenv and partition commands.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks

J

Attachments

Last edited: