aliexpress cheap starvis buy

mycatjest

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi

i thought i would share a pic from a cheap board cam module i bought on aliexpress that arrived this week,that runs over POE and has ONVIF. This street is very dark at night, and my hikvision camera struggle on this road, seriously impressed for £21 gbp or 26 USD!

i added a 5 .0MP Varifocal 6-22mm CCTV Camera Lens to it as well

2.0mp 1/2.8" SONY IMX307 Black light illumination Network IP POE camera

Attachments

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lets see some night video, with motion in the video, people walking down the street, cars driving by. See is believing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi

i thought i would share a pic from a cheap board cam module i bought on aliexpress that arrived this week,that runs over POE and has ONVIF. This street is very dark at night, and my hikvision camera struggle on this road, seriously impressed for £21 gbp or 26 USD!

i added a 5 .0MP Varifocal 6-22mm CCTV Camera Lens to it as well

2.0mp 1/2.8" SONY IMX307 Black light illumination Network IP POE camera

that is a low light sensor so obviously it will not compare to your hikvision that is not. Hikvision does make cameras with low light sensors so you are comparing apples to oranges. Remember that there's much more to a camera and the sensor itself. Often times these cheap cameras have poor firmware and poor Poe modules at fail prematurely.

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
Remember that there's much more to a camera and the sensor itself. Often times these cheap cameras have poor firmware and poor Poe modules at fail prematurely.
You sound like an Axis or Avigilon dealer now... ;)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
a cheap board cam module
Was that a one-board or a 2-board module?
Usually they don't manage to get the PoE circuitry on a single board along with the sensor and the SoC/etc.

Just for fun, I've made up 2 or 3 from 'spares and repairs' manual VF turret format analogue cameras swapping in IMX307 boards off Aliexpress, with PoE provisioned in the ethernet cable.
They have worked pretty well, as you'd expect from the low-light sensor.
Even the firmware hasn't been bad - reasonable feature sets, and stable, with a 'Hikserver' facility that SADP is happy with, and can be added under Hikvision protocol to a Hikvision NVR.
Very hackable though - nothing new there ...

mycatjest

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
here u go, no changes to settings - recorded on a cheap hik nvr - may have to adjust settings as handbrake doesnt work with the file, vlc plays ot fine though - typical sat night after the pubs have closed, its using a 22mm zoom lens - so the ppl in the video are approx 35 metres away from the camera..

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
recorded on a cheap hik nvr
That's pretty good - not the dancing, the usability of the video considering it's colour and night time.
The street lights obviously help a lot.

That's a 'TOP201' case, and it looks like the PoE convertor is in the cable.

mycatjest

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the lighting in that street although led lighting is pretty poor, my hikvison DS-2CD2755FWD-IZS DS-2CD2755FWD-IZS dome really struggles at night in colour, attached is a vid from the same night - with hik zoom at its limit

Attachments

Reaction score
Disappointed it's only 1080P. :( I know, I know, it's only $25 USD, but . . . How many years has it been since the TOP-201 came out at 720P?