AliExpress - Who are people using?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do not purchase from aliexpress seriously!!!!
Bad advice, in my opinion.
Aliexpress is a massive marketplace, like eBay etc, it's not reasonable to make that statement just because Hikvision are trying to close a few on-line resellers.

Aliexpress has a robust buyer protection process. The payment is held in escrow until you, the buyer, confirm that you have received the goods and are happy with them. Only then does the seller get paid.
If the seller does not ship the item within the agreed 'processing time' (which you as buyer can extend if you wish) then the sale is automatically closed and the payment is fully refunded.

I do not know when my money will come back.
It takes just a few days after the sale is closed, your money is safe.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Do not purchase from aliexpress seriously!!!! I bought 15 pieces of cameras ds-2cd2632f-is and 2 NVR from aliexpress store couple days ago. Just to find the store was shut down two days ago. I do not know when my money will come back. I contacted aliexpress stuff, and i was told their store was pubished to shut down because of unauthorized distributing hikvision products.
I've made 100s of purchases at Ali over the years and never been scammed. Sent wrong or defective product - Yes, but always gotten either full or partial refund.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm sure they will still ship your cameras, not a big issue. I've had ebay sellers who I bought from on a monday, get suspended that monday night and I still was shipped my product.
It's better that you know it was shutdown due to hikvision wanting them closed, rather than the store having ripped people off, or bad feedback.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I've recently ordered a pair of DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS from ali and total came up (after coupons and such) to around $115 each (normally they appear around $150), It was a great deal to pass up, but the seller hasn't responded or shipped the item yet. We'll see

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So Hikvision is cracking down hard, both stores where I purchased my cams took down the cameras, I am not sure if any of them will ship, but it's getting annoying. This store has a message that you can order from the directly:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1187561

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ali Express don't care if resellers have Hikvision permission to sell there camera's, the issue is whether the seller is a true seller or not.

The scam that fake sellers try to pull is, sell large amounts of cameras they don't have wait for you to open a dispute. then tell you they will refund you. then you close the dispute, at this point they get paid. They never cancel or ship, and you have been scamed.

Never close a dispute yourself, always let Ali Express close the dispute. You will then always get your money back.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Ali Express don't care if resellers have Hikvision permission to sell there camera's, the issue is whether the seller is a true seller or not.

The scam that fake sellers try to pull is, sell large amounts of cameras they don't have wait for you to open a dispute. then tell you they will refund you. then you close the dispute, at this point they get paid. They never cancel or ship, and you have been scamed.

Never close a dispute yourself, always let Ali Express close the dispute. You will then always get your money back.
I take it you don't shop much there. You can close dispute yourself and open it again, the seller doesn't get paid unless you 'Confirm that goods are received'. I am going through this at the moment where I opened the dispute and cancelled it, giving a few more weeks for goods to arrive.

Also, I went through several sellers that sell Hikvision, all of them pulled Hikvision products, some have only a few items remaining, but most of them are gone. It's not a scam, something going on with Hikvision forcing this at Aliexpress.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I take it you don't shop much there. You can close dispute yourself and open it again, the seller doesn't get paid unless you 'Confirm that goods are received'. I am going through this at the moment where I opened the dispute and cancelled it, giving a few more weeks for goods to arrive.

Also, I went through several sellers that sell Hikvision, all of them pulled Hikvision products, some have a few remaining, but most of them are gone. It's not a scam, but something going with Hikvision forcing this at Aliexpress.
Yours might not be a scam but what @whoslooking is talking about is a well-known Aliexpress scam. Maybe Aliexpress have changed the process but the scam sellers try to convince you to close the dispute and the time to expire saying a refund on the way. Google it if you don't believe any of us. I'm pretty sure Aliexpress have a section on their forum about it too.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yours might not be a scam but what @whoslooking is talking about is a well-known Aliexpress scam. Maybe Aliexpress have changed the process but the scam sellers try to convince you to close the dispute and the time to expire saying a refund on the way. Google it if you don't believe any of us. I'm pretty sure Aliexpress have a section on their forum about it too.
I've shopped enough at Aliexpress to know about their scams, I was referring to the issue with multiple sellers pulling Hikvision products off their shelf. Like I said, even if you cancel the dispute the seller doesn't get paid unless you click 'Confirm that goods are received' button within allocated Protection time frame. This was always the case. Perhaps the issue was that people didn't pay attention that timer is still going after you cancel the dispute and once it runs out then you are out of luck and you no longer can open new dispute. If the item is lost in the mail then in 99% cases you are not getting your money back because, well, you missed the deadline, hence people labeled this as a scam.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's certainly getting annoying not being able to easily buy the Hikvision product you are looking for. Even when you have a friend going round the shops in Shenzhen.
Over the last 3 weeks I've had 2 Aliexpress automatic full refunds where a seller hasn't shipped the camera within the allocated 'processing time', with one case where I extended it a couple of times while the seller tried to get stock of the optional lens choice (6mm 2332 or 3332).
Fingers crossed the third seller can supply the item, probably a good chance as their main items are LED lamps, not surveillance kit, so under the radar a bit.
I'm seriously thinking I might just switch brands and get to know Dahua instead.

For the Hikvision people tasked with reading this forum to see what we're up to - it's your loss in sales and reputation. It's hard to see what you are gaining by all this except creating ill will and impacting your good name.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am not ready to switch to Dahua, it doesn't seem to have as nicer image quality at night as Hikvision at that price range.

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking I might just switch brands and get to know Dahua instead.

For the Hikvision people tasked with reading this forum to see what we're up to - it's your loss in sales and reputation. It's hard to see what you are gaining by all this except creating ill will and impacting your good name.
totally aggree with above, if they think that by closing the grey market we are going to start purchasing the overpriced UK versions then they are definitely wrong, all that will happen is that people will switch to other brands like Dahua, and Hik will lose business.
Is it just me or is the once more or less dead Dahua section of the forum starting to pick up now after all this recent actions by Hikvision?

Benji

n3wb
Reaction score
This is very disappointing, literally signed up to the forum after seeing the quality of the night time video in djangel's thread to find out more, even better were the prices of these things, now I find out they've put a stop to it all.

I was looking at four cameras which at ~$80/ea is a FANTASTIC price but at $160/ea, that's a much bigger ask....

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes In fact I use Ali Express a lot, and got scamed once for $268,
Lucky for me and after a lot of emails, AE covered my loss with vouchers with I brought more HIK camera's with lol.

There are still lots of genuine sellers of HIK equipment on AE, EBAY, and Amazon and with @milkisbad at low prices in the US too, we aren't so lucky in the UK as our prices are around double of AE
So just look and check the levels of feedback. And if the cameras price is really cheap your looking at a scammer.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy from them, as feedback is 0 but open a chat with the seller ask is this item in stock, if so how long before posting, what shipping agent they use and to provide full tracking, most fake sellers don't even bother to reply and if the do they will answer a question with a question.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy from them, as feedback is 0 but open a chat with the seller ask is this item in stock, if so how long before posting, what shipping agent they use and to provide full tracking, most fake sellers don't even bother to reply and if the do they will answer a question with a question.
Again, it sounds like you haven't shopped there much. They have 1500 feedback for the store, 0 feedback is just for this item because it could be just listed. Also, in most cases vendors don't have the stock for all configurations as they usually order directly from the supplier when order is placed. This could be extra 1-3 weeks. I wouldn't worry about ordering from them, unless you have something against their name ;)

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
CCTV Camera Wholesale is down now, due to Hikvision i think....

Great!!!! i have place an order last week, i will see with Joanna how to proceed:sick:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Joanna, sent a new store link. She said that Hikvision logo cannot be displayed but the new links still have them.

goessensj

n3wb
Reaction score
I mailed with Joanna asking for prices, but she didn't respond with a new store link...
I don't like to order via mail as you don't have AE protection.