AliExpress - Who are people using?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let's be clear about this as people seem to be implying that HIK are 1st hard to get, This is not true in anyway I have just been on AE and Ebay and there are still lots of sellers with lots of stock.

All 3mp models can be regionally fixed easily with the help and tools posted within the forum.

And with HIK NVR again a 32 CH 7832n E2 for £130 to me this is worth the so called hassle.

Benji

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased 2 from the link below. You can see my transaction on August 25th and it was delivered today. Seller shipped it free via DHL from Hong Kong. Fastest ever delivery/order processing I've ever encountered at Ali. I haven't been home to open the package yet, so I don't know yet if I received a real deal or not. Btw, it was a sweet deal on the app day at ali, both cams came up to $117 each with coupons.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-hikvision-4mp-ds-new-ds-2cd2142fwd-iws-dome-ip-camera-poe-onvif-full-hd/32430154510.html

Also, not to be confused with the lower end dome which looks identical:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-H-265-IP-Camera-4MP-Firmware-V5-3-3-Multi-Language-Mini-Dome-Camera-POE/32448252868.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.1.4Nu7jp

Hey klasipca, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get the price down to $117 each? Looking at the store I can see a $20 'coupon' but can't see how you can get it down further though I'm not that experienced with AE, can you negotiate prices with the seller? If I select more than 2 cameras they suddenly want $57 or more depending on how many above two that you add....

Is this cam really worth it over say the DS-2CD2032-I?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I purchased 2 from the link below. You can see my transaction on August 25th and it was delivered today. Seller shipped it free via DHL from Hong Kong. Fastest ever delivery/order processing I've ever encountered at Ali. I haven't been home to open the package yet, so I don't know yet if I received a real deal or not. Btw, it was a sweet deal on the app day at ali, both cams came up to $117 each with coupons.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-hikvision-4mp-ds-new-ds-2cd2142fwd-iws-dome-ip-camera-poe-onvif-full-hd/32430154510.html

Also, not to be confused with the lower end dome which looks identical:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-H-265-IP-Camera-4MP-Firmware-V5-3-3-Multi-Language-Mini-Dome-Camera-POE/32448252868.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.1.4Nu7jp
I thought the new cameras were 0.01 luxury, but the link shows 0.07 lux in the description?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hey klasipca, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get the price down to $117 each? Looking at the store I can see a $20 'coupon' but can't see how you can get it down further though I'm not that experienced with AE, can you negotiate prices with the seller? If I select more than 2 cameras they suddenly want $57 or more depending on how many above two that you add....

Is this cam really worth it over say the DS-2CD2032-I?
It was August 25th deal only. Aliexpress had discounted app day.

As far as whether it's worth the premium, it depends, I mentioned in my other other thread that daylight difference between 4mp & 3mp is not obvious and some improvements at nighttime.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There are two links and two different models with different lux
Actually, both cameras you linked to seem to show the lux as:

0.07Lux @ (F1.2, AGC ON) ,0 Lux with IR

Maybe a typo on the description as I thought the FWD cams were touting 0.01?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, both cameras you linked to seem to show the lux as:

0.07Lux @ (F1.2, AGC ON) ,0 Lux with IR

Maybe a typo on the description as I thought the FWD cams were touting 0.01?
It's a typo, scroll down and you will see 0.01

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dont use benovision. I ordered 2x 4mp cameras and 21 days later they still werent shipped.

I cancelled the order. And you cant leave bad feedback on a cancel.

Bigmaxy

n3wb
Reaction score
Having the same experience with Benovision aka Security Camera China. Prior to ordering Amy was relatively quick to answer questions. Once ordered no further emails responded to. After a few weeks and just before the timer ran out for the shipping deadline I was given a false tracking number which reset the timer. More emails sent requesting a valid tracking number. Nothing. Seems it's time to open a dispute. Sigh. Will now need to start the while process and waiting period again.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dont use benovision. I ordered 2x 4mp cameras and 21 days later they still werent shipped.

I cancelled the order. And you cant leave bad feedback on a cancel.
I ordered from them under a different name but the supplier on AE got their stuff from them. Took them 5 weeks to come and I ordered 10 of them. Now I'm trying to send them back because of the white flashing issue on FW v5.3.3.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having the same experience with Benovision aka Security Camera China. Prior to ordering Amy was relatively quick to answer questions. Once ordered no further emails responded to. After a few weeks and just before the timer ran out for the shipping deadline I was given a false tracking number which reset the timer. More emails sent requesting a valid tracking number. Nothing. Seems it's time to open a dispute. Sigh. Will now need to start the while process and waiting period again.
I contacted them earlier this week about the white flashing issue on the 4MP's, now they won't answer any emails for a refund. It took them 5 weeks to send it out then they won't resolve the white flashing issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I contacted them earlier this week about the white flashing issue on the 4MP's, now they won't answer any emails for a refund. It took them 5 weeks to send it out then they won't resolve the white flashing issue.
File a claim with ali and or your credit card company.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
File a claim with ali and or your credit card company.
I did both already. The first problem was no shipment, so I did dispute via Aliexpress and credit card. Now, since I did get it, I want to return them because they don't work. I need to change my claims from non receipt to non working. They haven't responded via AE messaging center for a return address, so I can ship these things back.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I did both already. The first problem was no shipment, so I did dispute via Aliexpress and credit card. Now, since I did get it, I want to return them because they don't work. I need to change my claims from non receipt to non working. They haven't responded via AE messaging center for a return address, so I can ship these things back.
Make sure they cover the shipping cost, otherwise it's a lot of $$$. I am disputing non working car bulbs for $16 while shipping priority w/ tracking back to China is $62!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just wait for a firmware update. It doesn't flash on continuous record.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure they cover the shipping cost, otherwise it's a lot of $$$. I am disputing non working car bulbs for $16 while shipping priority w/ tracking back to China is $62!
Oh really? Thanks for the heads up, I'll need to ask them to pay to ship it back? I have tons of these trackable china couriers in the area, I think I can ship it out there for a more reasonable price than the bigger companies. Did you tell them to refund that shipping after you paid for it and provided the receipt?

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wait for a firmware update. It doesn't flash on continuous record.
I wish I could wait but I need to install these a while ago, so I ended up getting the 3MP LTS ones that everyone was talking about. I was waiting a very long time to get these. I'll just buy them in the future after I find out it's been fixed :)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Oh really? Thanks for the heads up, I'll need to ask them to pay to ship it back? I have tons of these trackable china couriers in the area, I think I can ship it out there for a more reasonable price than the bigger companies. Did you tell them to refund that shipping after you paid for it and provided the receipt?
In the US only one courier with somewhat reasonable prices USPS, but shipping to China is still too high. I could ship it registered mail for less though, but I don't think it provides tracking. I didn't ship it back or paid for anything yet. Dispute is still in progress, so we are arguing back and forth right now with seller, last step would be to escalate to Aliexpress.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the US only one courier with somewhat reasonable prices USPS, but shipping to China is still too high. I could ship it registered mail for less though, but I don't think it provides tracking. I didn't ship it back or paid for anything yet. Dispute is still in progress, so we are arguing back and forth right now with seller, last step would be to escalate to Aliexpress.
If they are going to take it back, then ill just use usps. I started a dispute for non receipt because i didnt get a valid tracking number then a week later, the package showed up. I've been trying to get these working to the 7104 then i figured that if you can reduce the resolution to 2mp, then i started to get the while flashing. I originally didn't think anything of it but then i started to pay attention to it and it kept doing it every 3 minutes.

I have 10 of these cameras and a major of them do it. I'm going to call my credit card to dispute it.