AliExpress - Who are people using?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sometimes if they can't sell from their store or a new store, they will allow you to pay via paypal which has some protection of it's own.

Also, not sure if you guys want to publicly share the new store links, as the store itself may get taken down.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Contact seller
Seeingtec price are the same as AE and if you buy 2 or more shipping is DHL for free

znation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Seller sounds good, i chatted with him about 30 min 3 days ago and today (he replied very quickly), very professional and know what he is talking about, he shot the box (wanted to be sure he had the camera) here's a sample : http://img03.taobaocdn.com/L1/134/230/ftssrvlk/7/31/f849fdd38664e75643a90964cfa0f36b.jpg

I ordered 2 cams for 200$ this morning (i negociated the price)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I purchased 2 from the link below. You can see my transaction on August 25th and it was delivered today. Seller shipped it free via DHL from Hong Kong. Fastest ever delivery/order processing I've ever encountered at Ali. I haven't been home to open the package yet, so I don't know yet if I received a real deal or not. Btw, it was a sweet deal on the app day at ali, both cams came up to $117 each with coupons.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-hikvision-4mp-ds-new-ds-2cd2142fwd-iws-dome-ip-camera-poe-onvif-full-hd/32430154510.html

Also, not to be confused with the lower end dome which looks identical:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-H-265-IP-Camera-4MP-Firmware-V5-3-3-Multi-Language-Mini-Dome-Camera-POE/32448252868.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.1.4Nu7jp

znation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I purchased 2 from the link below. You can see my transaction on August 25th and it was delivered today. Seller shipped it free via DHL from Hong Kong. Fastest ever delivery/order processing I've ever encountered at Ali. I haven't been home to open the package yet, so I don't know yet if I received a real deal or not. Btw, it was a sweet deal on the app day at ali, both cams came up to $117 each with coupons.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-hikvision-4mp-ds-new-ds-2cd2142fwd-iws-dome-ip-camera-poe-onvif-full-hd/32430154510.html

Also, not to be confused with the lower end dome which looks identical:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-H-265-IP-Camera-4MP-Firmware-V5-3-3-Multi-Language-Mini-Dome-Camera-POE/32448252868.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.1.4Nu7jp
Why low end dome, okay it's a chinese cam but h265 (with 5.3.3 multi language firmware) and 50% lower price

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Why low end dome, okay it's a chinese cam but h265 (with 5.3.3 multi language firmware) and 50% lower price
I felt into this trap too earlier. Hikvision made different versions of the same cams at lower price, but with different sensors. The cheaper one has lower resolution 3.6MP vs 4MP and 0.07 vs 0.01 sensitivity. Both should be equal for day time quality, but the more expensive one will be much better at night.

znation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I felt into this trap too earlier. Hikvision made different versions of the same cams at lower price, but with different sensors. The cheaper one has lower resolution 3.6MP vs 4MP and 0.07 vs 0.01 sensitivity. Both should be equal for day time quality, but the more expensive one will be much better at night.
Not true see my picture :http://img03.taobaocdn.com/L1/134/230/ftssrvlk/7/31/f849fdd38664e75643a90964cfa0f36b.jpg lux at 0.02 , real 4mp .

Description on website is a bad copy paste from another cam (not written h265 ,max resolution is incorrect for example real one is 2688 x 1520)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

znation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This was already discussed to death here, you seemed to be new, so I would suggest you to weed through threads. Google DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS and DS-2CD2145F-IWS specs
DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS and Is motorized ? Can we move it horizontally and vertically ???

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS and Is motorized ? Can we move it horizontally and vertically ???
No, both are identical dome cameras. I looked at your picture and it's definitely interesting that it says real 4MP but 0.02. Is this your cam, can you check in the settings that you have that resolution? Although sensor size is 1/3 vs 1/2.8.

znation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, both are identical dome cameras. I looked at your picture and it's definitely interesting that it says real 4MP but 0.02. Is this your cam, can you check in the settings that you have that resolution? Although sensor size is 1/3 vs 1/2.8.
You make me wonder if I cancel my order or not ... That's why I asked the seller picture of the box.

I need a good picture/video don't need the best in the world but good ... H265 is important as it divide bandwidth per 2

Is 1/3 vs 1/2.8 and 0.02 vs 0.01 lux (to be checked in real conditions) is real deal for 50$ more ?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Like I said I felt into the same trap couple weeks ago, I saw these cheap domes popup and ordered it and then in our discussion discovered that they are lower end domes with different sensor. Luckily I was able to cancel the order and ordered the other dome which is was a bit more $$. I am still curious though how different they are at night.

That new dome is not found on Hikvision site, probably because it was just recently added to product list, but if you look at the turret example it makes sense:

DS-2CD2345D -I
http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/prgs_964_i8168.html

DS-2CD2342WD-I
http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_159_i5636.html

Last edited by a moderator:

turpit

n3wb
Reaction score
I've be been following this forum for the last two weeks after a burglary in our neighborhood. I wanted to start with a single IP cam to see if that leads me anywhere and then possibly upgrade to multiple IP cams and an NVR. I had set my mind on Hikvision after reading through the (great!) network camera critic reviews, comparing the number of posts for the different manufactures here in the forum and reading quite a few of them.

But now with the option of either paying European prices or getting in an unpredictable upgrade and interworking hassle, I've decided to jump ship and look into Dahua. This is my first post here and I don't want to come over to negatively. But I guess if Hikvision has seriously set its mind on drying out the "Chinese refurbishment business", they are possibly reading this forum to see the results ;-)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I've be been following this forum for the last two weeks after a burglary in our neighborhood. I wanted to start with a single IP cam to see if that leads me anywhere and then possibly upgrade to multiple IP cams and an NVR. I had set my mind on Hikvision after reading through the (great!) network camera critic reviews, comparing the number of posts for the different manufactures here in the forum and reading quite a few of them.

But now with the option of either paying European prices or getting in an unpredictable upgrade and interworking hassle, I've decided to jump ship and look into Dahua. This is my first post here and I don't want to come over to negatively. But I guess if Hikvision has seriously set its mind on drying out the "Chinese refurbishment business", they are possibly reading this forum to see the results ;-)
Well, if night vision is not important to you then Dahua is a good choice. For me IQ in Hikvision is worth the hassle with firmware and I am planning to replace most of my 3MP Hiks with their 4MP.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
But I guess if Hikvision has seriously set its mind on drying out the "Chinese refurbishment business", they are possibly reading this forum to see the results ;-)
I hope Hikvision sees a noticeable drop in profits after doing this, and starts selling cheaper cams in the USA and Europe and everywhere else affected by this.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have to wonder whether Hikvision would prefer that people buy from a competitor, or buy a grey market Hikvision camera, because in my opinion, if Hikvision manages to get rid of the grey market cameras, they will push a lot of people to their competitors.
They have caused me to buy my first of possibly several Dahua cameras.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried Dahua cameras and I've tried Hikvision cameras, both fixed and PTZ, and I prefer Hikvision's firmware and capabilities for both camera types. But not when it means paying 50-100% more. I have 21 cams active at home right now, including 5x Dahua (this number recently grew from 2x), 12x Hikvision, 1x Ubiquiti, 2x ACTi, 1x Chinese uncertain brand. Actually I have one more Hikvision in my kitchen which I do not count because it doesn't go through Blue Iris, and only records to an SD card. Dahua and Hikvision are both on top in terms of quality and price / performance.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I've tried Dahua cameras and I've tried Hikvision cameras, both fixed and PTZ, and I prefer Hikvision's firmware and capabilities for both camera types. But not when it means paying 50-100% more. I have 21 cams active at home right now, including 5x Dahua (this number recently grew from 2x), 12x Hikvision, 1x Ubiquiti, 2x ACTi, 1x Chinese uncertain brand. Actually I have one more Hikvision in my kitchen which I do not count because it doesn't go through Blue Iris, and only records to an SD card. Dahua and Hikvision are both on top in terms of quality and price / performance.
You probably been asked this but why on earth would you need 21 cams at home? Is your home secure facility that handles top secret information? I am having hard time figuring out what to do with 10 cams for fairly large home, but 21... I would probably have to put them under beds, chairs and couches.

btw, you posted sample videos from your IPC-HDBW4421R and night time wasn't impressive, unless yours is defective

Last edited by a moderator: