AliExpress - Who are people using?

mwatz

n3wb
Reaction score
When I purchased mine, I IM'ed the store owner before I made the purchase to ask if and when they will have it in stock.

Pity that store no longer has any stock

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The descriptions on Aliexpress are often completely wrong as are copied and pasted by someone who doesn't speak the best English (if at all!).

2142 is 100% metal because I have one. If it's not then you've ended up with 2135 or similar.

goessensj

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from CCTV Camera Wholesale (http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/JJEt8IG
Joanna has been very helpful but the store she redirected me to to make the purchases has zero reviews (http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/biUMlYay) while being online for 1 year.
I am about to place a bigger order but am a bit hesitant to be honest.
Any thoughts?
I just ordered from Joanna a DS-2CD2342WD-I English version.
She provided me a link to Store name: SECURE LIFE Surveillance System

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is it common that when people contact a store (e.g., CCTV Camera Wholesale per the note above), or USCAM, etc., that after they negotiate a price they receive a link to a brand new store with zero feedback to place their order? I just finalized some pricing with Fiona from China Security Wholesale which has great feedback. She then sent me links to order the product to a store called "EV Teach Co., LTD" which has zero feedback. Having never ordered from AliExpress before, this makes me a tad nervous? Why not simply send me a coupon or something along those lines to adjust the pricing in my cart from China Security Wholesale?

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think you should try eBay instead.. sellers there usually create one product with 1 pcs available, and then you order it. Sellers on aliexpress generally have quite low feedback ratings compared to eBay. I don't know why it is this. eBay also has better customer protection, I think they'll refund without having to return the item if faulty items are received by customer

moa999

n3wb
Reaction score
It's because of this aliexpress / hikvision crackdown.
Almost all the sellers have moved to new stores

wackid

n3wb
Reaction score
I think you should try eBay instead.. sellers there usually create one product with 1 pcs available, and then you order it. Sellers on aliexpress generally have quite low feedback ratings compared to eBay. I don't know why it is this. eBay also has better customer protection, I think they'll refund without having to return the item if faulty items are received by customer
Not quite true. I think they are selling in a different way at the moment(due Hikvision policy) . In the store high prices. Negotiate about the price and order in a Substore. Those stores are in a strange way not to be found on Aliexpress by the search bar.

Aliexpress has a great buyers protection (several disputes solved without hassle) Aliexpress is on the buyers side... So no need to worry.

DingDong

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same question. They also redirected to a different site with zero feedback. I also negotiated a lower price on my order. They emailed me a separate invoice with a lower price but say they can't give me coupon for the store. So I am supposed to place the order at full price and they say they will re-adjust as soon as the order is placed (that technically they can't do it before). I asked why they couldn't give me a simple store coupon but they say they can't. This also makes me uncomfortable...

wackid

n3wb
Reaction score
My total order count on Aliexpress is 230 times...

If you don't receive the goods in the agreed time. Open a dispute and Aliexpress give the money back.

The seller don't get paid until you confirm the goods are received and are the way they are advertised. So Aliexpress is the buffer.

DingDong

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I do agree and that guarantee is reassuring, but I am more worried that I need to place the order at full price (which is then what I am "contractually" committed to) rather than receiving a coupon that would allow me to place the order at the right total right away. Just curious if that is a "usual" way of doing things on Ali?

wackid

n3wb
Reaction score
You place the order..... Don't pay yet. They will adjust the price and then pay.

When you buy(click) it's not committed.... It's not Ebay.

You can cancel the order in agreement with seller. Or just let the paying time go by. If you don't want it anymore. Or agreements are not fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:

goessensj

n3wb
Reaction score
You place the order..... Don't pay yet. They will adjust the price and then pay.

When you buy(click) it's not committed.... It's not Ebay.

You can cancel the order in agreement with seller. Or just let the paying time go by. If you don't want it anymore. Or agreements are not fulfilled.

Exactly this!

metricus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am glad for this thread. Maybe we should give it a sticky.
In any case the guy who screwed me from aliexpress is called Tom Tom from shop 321042. (see my post in "New member introductions")
At the time the shop was called differently but he obviously pissed off many people so he had to change name.
He has the audacity to name his shop "Kind Shop". LOL

metricus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would frankly advise to use eBay rather than Aliexpress. The serious sellers have stores on eBay as well. Crooks stay on Aliexpress simply because Ali protects them.

Another importand information is that if you ever want to return a camera the customs agreements require you to pay customs for all electronics imported to China aside from the shipping costs.

I don't mind buying from chinese sellers as long as they ship from within US. On eBay they tell you where it ships from. This way the customs papers are already done and if you need to return the merchandise you only pay shipping within continental US.

Plus, unlike Aliexpress, eBay has serious guarantees and protection policies. If you are lied to they will act swiftly.

wackid

n3wb
Reaction score
I would frankly advise to use eBay rather than Aliexpress. The serious sellers have stores on eBay as well. Crooks stay on Aliexpress simply because Ali protects them.

Another importand information is that if you ever want to return a camera the customs agreements require you to pay customs for all electronics imported to China aside from the shipping costs.

I don't mind buying from chinese sellers as long as they ship from within US. On eBay they tell you where it ships from. This way the customs papers are already done and if you need to return the merchandise you only pay shipping within continental US.
Funny that you say that customs tax.... That's the proof you never bought from AliExpress.

Please give comments if you have experience both. And not on your on safety mind...
If you never come out of your house. You can't be hit by a car.

Yes I have bad experieces with sellers on AE. Three times, all with no financial damage.

Last edited by a moderator:

metricus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is rude to call people liars.
I did buy fom Aliexpress and asked to RETURN the shipment and was told that I am responsible for customs. Checked customs rules and it surely says that cameras are taxable. The truth is that many sellers refund you the money or a portion of it to close disputes. This was not my case. I was not looking to get a free ride but I genuinely had ordered "International Cameras" at much higher price than what the market was going for hacked Chinese versions. I really wanted to return the product. Aliexpress never allowed me to.
It is my story and I have plenty of documentation from it. If you don't believe it tough luck.

And I did come out of the house. I have bought many other items from AE many with good experiences. However my advice is to buy items that you can afford to get screwed for. Whatever your limit is: 20$, 50$ etc. I paid close to 600$ and that was a mistake because I could not afford to get screwed on that price.

And yes I STRONGLY advise against using AE for expensive items. I for one have completely stopped using AE. I don't need the aggravation.

Come to think of it do you own Aliexpress? You certainly sound like you do.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you file a dispute with your credit card company?

Sent via Taptalk