all about SD59230U-HNI

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is "automatic deactivation" update? Is there a PTZ software update as well?
excuse use google translator.
I would like to explain automatic update
you can also manually disable and control it.
there is no new ptz firmware

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can you give a link to that new firmware? I cant find it somehow if i search on
SD59230U-HNI

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Search this line with Google

DH_SD-Eos_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.600.0000000.7.R.170812

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dear Fellows, can someone of you explain me the video tamper alarm. I am shocked at night sometime seeing these:
Alarm Event: Video Tamper
Alarm Input Channel: 1
Alarm Start Time(D/M/Y H:M:S): 08/12/2017 23:14:14

what is triggering it, what is going on????

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe video tamper alarm means that the camera believes the feed has been obstructed. For example if someone wanted to rip off your camera or the place it was watching they could approach from a location out of the field of view and put a bowl over the dome blocking the view of the camera.

Maybe it's tripping because it thinks the field of view is being obstructed. Is the camera facing a wall or some other type of object that is large and lacks detail?

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe video tamper alarm means that the camera believes the feed has been obstructed. For example if someone wanted to rip off your camera or the place it was watching they could approach from a location out of the field of view and put a bowl over the dome blocking the view of the camera.

Maybe it's tripping because it thinks the field of view is being obstructed. Is the camera facing a wall or some other type of object that is large and lacks detail?
it happens in the middle of the night, 3am and only black picture is visible. Really its like someone covers the view. Its been like this for a few days only, looks like i need to stay awake locked and loaded. It is not facing any wall, just overlooking a swimming pool and back garden. It is mounted on a wall but reachable by any person if they want to cover it

Last edited:

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well either.
  1. Someone is covering the camera.
  2. The camera is stuck in day mode and the lack of ambient light is making the camera think it's covered when it's just not seeing anything due to lack of light.
  3. You say it happens at 3am. Is the camera rebooting itself at that time and maybe that combined with the lack of night vision makes it think it's being tampered with?
I'd suggest going into settings and forcing night mode with black and white selected and checking to make sure the camera isn't doing a reboot?

Also look at the logs for the past night. See if it's identifying the type of alarm that is being triggered.

I'm going to guess it's due to a day mode override in a very dark situation. Good luck!

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
not exactly 3am, it was 3:17 last night. Thanks a lot for the ideas, i will try as you suggest.

jkronos

n3wb
Reaction score
Whats the difference on SD59230U-HNI vs SD59225U-HNI? Is one better than the other one?

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check with nayr. Search Google for poe mic splitter. I saw a few posts by him showing how it could be done. I don't know how to link the posts I'm not at home and my phone sucks.

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have problem when I want to watch/record night sky. I don't want to use ir-lights. I want to gather all light possible to the sensor. Problem is red blinking light inside the camera. That light causes bad reflection on the lens. This is only occurring when you put the camera wide angle. How I can disable that internal red light?