Am I wiring my connectors properly?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha
did I not mention one of my systems was AV ??

you really do have problems don't you !!

keep on researching !!!
Fool, we are talking about ethernet. You say it doesnt matter which way they are wired. IT DOES. Now you are trying to backpedal. HOWEVER, you forgot that you said THIS
One of my systems uses a pink in a 16-conductor cable which I run in cat5 :))
that is why the charts don't work in my house ;)
BUSTED AGAIN. Keep putting your foot in your mouth.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What a load of bullshit !!!

how about how the people who buy systems piecemeal and use ore-termed patch cables ?
are they supposed to go up in flames if one happens to be wired to a different standard !!! Lmao
if you use an ore-termed patch cable, flames are likely.. depending on the chemical makeup of the ore.

Ianc2

Banned
Reaction score
Fool, we are talking about ethernet. You say it doesnt matter which way they are wired. IT DOES. Now you are trying to backpedal. HOWEVER, you forgot that you said THIS
BUSTED AGAIN. Keep putting your foot in your mouth.
im not sure what you are saying here .

are you suggesting I shouldn't use 2 cat cables to replace a run of 16-core for controlling AV equipment ?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no he is suggesting you shouldent use a 16 core wire for 2 seperate rj45 terminations..

if you using 2 cat cables to replace a run of 16 core, your not terminating with RJ45.. which is what you've clearly been implying.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
im not sure what you are saying here .

are you suggesting I shouldn't use 2 cat cables to replace a run of 16-core for controlling AV equipment ?
Im saying that you should not use 16 core cable for ethernet. You stated you wired it "cat-5" that is an ethernet standard. You simply dont know what you are doing.

rotorwash

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dude, this is a forum dedicated to ip cameras and related technology. I'm also pretty sure there are B&O forums where you can discuss pink wires and it is relevant to the participants of the forum. Do you actually have anything to add that is meaningful or helpful for others?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey @Ianc2 - can you do me a favor and set this image to your profile/avatar so that everyone can quickly identify you in the forum as a non contributor?

8.jpg

Please and Thank You!

Ianc2

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, this is a forum dedicated to ip cameras and related technology. I'm also pretty sure there are B&O forums where you can discuss pink wires and it is relevant to the participants of the forum. Do you actually have anything to add that is meaningful or helpful for others?
Yeah .

Use the the right cat cable for the job .
be aware of codes and regulations regarding the property you are installing at .
make sure using masking tape doesn't break one or more of the codes .

hope that helps .

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I said " in my house "
Don't you mean in your BASEMENT - because you sure sound like one of those 'basement dwellers' they are talking about in the news lately....

So what happened - you went to school and now you can't get a job so you spend your days as an internet troll?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah .

Use the the right cat cable for the job .
be aware of codes and regulations regarding the property you are installing at .
make sure using masking tape doesn't break one or more of the codes .

hope that helps .
To date, you have NOT cited a SINGLE code. I challenge you.

Ianc2

Banned
Reaction score
I did mention your common sense code last night in relation to nec 110.21 that is just one of the codes we work to .

the info is out there should you wish to google rather than argue ...

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Ian - I think I hear your mother calling, time for dinner....

Ianc2

Banned
Reaction score
I wish .
Im at work for another hour , then a 2 hour commute .

i should be back on the cider by 6 :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did mention your common sense code last night in relation to nec 110.21 that is just one of the codes we work to .

the info is out there should you wish to google rather than argue ...
The subsection you are referring to relates to HAZARD markings. Further evidence that you have no clue and are making things up as you go.
So once again, show me NEC code that says I cannot mark ethernet with masking tape and a sharpie AND NEC code that says I cannot leave ethernet unterminated. You have been outed as a fraud.

Ianc2

Banned
Reaction score
And you keep on outing yourself as a fucking idiot a lot with that scruffy cunt that lives at the scalp-yard .

maskng tape and sharpie !!!! Lmao
i bet you just throw any cat cable up in the ceiling space and forget about it .

stick to your day Job stupid ....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
And you keep on outing yourself as a fucking idiot a lot with that scruffy cunt that lives at the scalp-yard .

maskng tape and sharpie !!!! Lmao
i bet you just throw any cat cable up in the ceiling space and forget about it .

stick to your day Job stupid ....
So YOU LIED and claimed that NEC code requires that I terminate ethernet cable AND that I cannot use masking tape and a sharpie??? Then you cite completely irrelevant code!!! and I'M the idiot. You are VERY dangerous. You make facts up, lie and are not familiar with the NEC code.
You improperly used 16 core cable for cat5. You simply have no clue. You dont understand basic ethernet wiring. I am glad we were able to flush out the fact that you are a newbie.
Why cant you backup your claims?

Ianc2

Banned
Reaction score
Google" abandoned in place cable" and put yourself out of your misery .

the fact you're still getting it wrong about the 16 core and argueing about it says a lot about you ....

fucking moron

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Google" abandoned in place cable" and put yourself out of your misery .

the fact you're still getting it wrong about the 16 core and argueing about it says a lot about you ....

fucking moron
Bingo. You cant backup your statement. The fact that you tell me to google it, tells me 2 things. That you dont know the code and that your relied on an online article to come to your conclusions. Novice.
I am 100 percent correct on the 16 core AND the wiring requirements. You have no clue. SAD.
You have not cite a SINGLE code that says I cant mark cable with masking tape and that i cannot leave cable unterminated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Now for being a liar and an asshole you will be forever banned. I suggest you change your user name in other forums as @Ianc2 will forever be known as a liar, incompetent novice and a prick.