Amazon Prime Day deals (security cam related)

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Amazon Prime Day deals!

I searched and didn't see a thread about this. I thought it would be good to have a single thread where people can post items like "oooooh look! Amazon Prime has this great camera on special". I got nothing yet but if I see any, I'll post them here.

morelup

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone seen any good micro-sd cards (that can handle being in a camera) yet?

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Amcrest version of a 2MP Dahua OEM PTZ starlight:
Amcrest Outdoor PTZ POE Camera, Pan/Tilt/ 12x Optical Zoom 1080P POE+ (802.3at) Home Security PTZ IP Camera, Starvis Low Light Sensor, 328ft Night Vision, IP66 Waterproof, 2-Megapixel, IP2M-853EW
$231.98 => $289.98 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns - Prime Day deal Join Prime to save $58.00 on this item
https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-Outdoor-Optical-Motorized-Security/dp/B0797583CP/

Amcrest PoE+ switch, looks similar to BV-tech and Dahua branded ones:
Amcrest Gigabit Uplink 9-Port Poe+ Ethernet Switch with Metal Housing
by Amcrest
$63.98 => Price: $79.98 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns Prime Day deal Join Prime to save $16.00 on this item
https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-Gigabit-Ethernet-Housing-AGPS9E8P-AT-96/dp/B073V4QRXQ/

Noticed a few deals also at LaView, and some PoE+ switch deals from TrendNet

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - I've seen a LOT of garbage "security cameras" and security camera kits advertised as Amazon Prime Day deals...

BEWARE there is a LOT of crap out there.

Seriously - a lot of deceptive ads. A lot of reviews which are poor quality from people who know little about how to review security camera products ( this even includes popular products from Ring - an Amazon company ), and a significant amount of review "ballot box stuffing".

Avoid the crappy products: do not bottom fish on price without knowing more. Do not trust the Amazon reviews without carefully inspecting them and looking for recommendations outside of Amazon.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
La View has a 20% off code out during Amazon Prime days ( prime20 )

Their saturn line up is Dahua OEM - some decent deals there if you're ok with a bit older model dahua oem cameras ( compared to the newer models we all enjoy reviews of here )
LaView Saturn IP Camera & NVR - Products

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
MAt,

Any knowledge of these 2 LaView cameras? I'm looking for one for the front door, not a HUGE range, really only about 10ft. Figured for the price I'd grab 2. Wondering If I should just grab one of each.
LaView 4MP 2K PoE Bullet Outdoor IP Camera (Refurbished) $29.60 + Free Shipping
Hi Area651

If you're on a tight budget:

I would get the 2 pack of 5MP LaView's Saturn bullets instead - they're Dahua OEM and spec wise look significantly better than the refurbs which have 1/3" sensors.
( with the 20% off they come to about $60 per camera.. good deal. Of course at that price point they're no starlight.. ;-)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
La View has some decent Dahua OEM cameras under it's Saturn line up.

The 8MP turret specs appear similar to the IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE
use the LaView 20% off discount code PRIME20 to get these to a decent deal

Note these have 1/2.5" starvis sensors, and many of us are waiting to see a 1/1.8" sensor in a 8MP turret

Camera 2 pack:
LaView Saturn Series 4K UltraHD 8MP Turret Dome Ourdoor PoE Audio IP Camera,2.8mm, h.265+, True 120dB WDR, IP67, MicroSD card slot, IVS,ePoE, 2-pack
SKU LVS-DHPTK3682W-28-2P
LaView Saturn 3K 6MP PoE IP Turret Cameras

4 cameras + NVR
LaView Saturn Series 8CH 4K NVR with 4x 4K 8MP Audio Turret Outdoor PoE IP Camera, 120dB WDR, IP67, IVS, HDD not included
SKU LVS-KN6284H8
$495.20 after 20% off
notes: I do not know if cables are included, and if they are if they are quality cables. LaView also has a deal on a 4TB WD Purple HDD today... as this NVR is a Dahua OEM NVR you should be able to add the Dahua OEM starlight and starlight+ models to this NVR. Other option that is well liked is to get a used i5/i7 PC with Blue Iris and a PoE switch ( LaView also has some of those on sale .. )
LaView Saturn 8CH NVR + 4 4k IP Camera

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Natey2
You still have not learned that ring is pure crap. Amazon paying off the cops to recommend it. Is a major problem

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
That's kind of interesting that LaView is selling dahua equipment. I wonder if they're going to drop hikvision, or carry both? It's also interesting that the lowest resolution saturn camera is 5 mp, while most of us here think the 2 mp starlights are the cat's meow.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That's kind of interesting that LaView is selling dahua equipment. I wonder if they're going to drop hikvision, or carry both? It's also interesting that the lowest resolution saturn camera is 5 mp, while most of us here think the 2 mp starlights are the cat's meow.
They will carry both. LTS which owns laview has been selling dahua for quite some time.
LTS starts selling Dahua