Amcrest cameras connection dropping

traderr

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 Amcrest IP3M-943W cameras that are connected via Wifi to my Synology NAS (Surveillance System - SS). They keep disconnecting several times per day.

I noticed that although my SS says that they are disconnected and I indeed cannot connect to them directly via their webportal, they are alive and still connected to my wifi. It appears that just the port 80 is down for some unknown reason.

On normal behavior, the camera has 4 ports open:
PORT STATE SERVICE REASON
80/tcp open http syn-ack
554/tcp open rtsp syn-ack
5000/tcp open upnp syn-ack
49152/tcp open unknown syn-ack

When the camera gets "disconnected", I am still able to ping it and I can see that port 80 is gone:

Any idea of what that might be? If I unplug and plug the power of the camera, it starts working normal again.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 2 Amcrest IP3M-943W cameras that are connected via Wifi to my Synology NAS (Surveillance System - SS). They keep disconnecting several times per day.

I noticed that although my SS says that they are disconnected and I indeed cannot connect to them directly via their webportal, they are alive and still connected to my wifi. It appears that just the port 80 is down for some unknown reason.

On normal behavior, the camera has 4 ports open:
80/tcp open http syn-ack

When the camera gets "disconnected", I am still able to ping it and I can see that port 80 is gone:

Any idea of what that might be? If I unplug and plug the power of the camera, it starts working normal again.

Welcome Traderr,

I see you've made your first post here, and thus i wanted to welcome you and share some notes we have been making.
hopefully someone with some more experience with your particular issues has some good ideas about what is going on.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.