Amcrest SmartHome Video Doorbell Camera AD110

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
any video samples from you owners...

ive seen a few on youtube, but wondering about how u feel that quality of this one is.

Last edited:

Aus_fas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got this doorbell from Amazon for $99. ($20 off coupon on amazon) For the price, it is a fantastic deal. I have been waiting a long, time for a cheap quality doorbell camera that can communicate with our Dahua NVR's and pay $0 fees. And finally, it's here.

I hooked it up and you use their SmartApp. But there are some pros about this camera that I can finally say it's worth it, for the money.

Pros:
-It looks good, better than the original DB11 Dahua. It looks like a Ring.
-Yes! It works and is automatically detected and can stream/continuous 24/7 record to my Dahua NVR5432! It is now added as a channel. I can even change the resolution/bitrate.
-2-way talk works in both the Amcrest SmartHomeApp and the Dahua iDMSS Plus. Although, when ringing, it defaults to the Amcrest SmartHomeApp.
-No cloud fees, no need to insert the memory card.
-This thing is essentially sort of another IP camera on your network, that you can add to your NVR.

Cons:
-There is no HTTP webGUI that you can configure the camera
-Someone mentioned on Amazon they had problem with static IP, I haven't tried this yet.
-Someone mentioned on Amazon it requires a continuous outbound connection to the internet. Well, that may be true, after-all, this is a doorbell and the minute someone rangs, you want to answer the door (whereever you are) and that requires outbound internet access. No way around it.
-Picture quality is decent 1080P but the competition out there already has 3MP.
-Unlike the Ring, there is no spare brackets which can change the angle of the mount. So it can only mount flat against a surface. The Ring that my friends have, it comes with angle brackets so you can tilt.

For $99, I think this is decent.

View attachment 52237
Can it record on SD card and play back. I had Dahua aka IMOU DB11, never managed to record on SD card or play back.
Does this have the same issue ??

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Sammy2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A factory reset and remembering the correct username and password was the ticket! Thanks all. Having to reset the device to change the password is LAME! I got mine from Amcrest when they sent me a bone for $40 off for my reviews. IDK if they're paying attention here but I'll be posting a full review on amazon soon. Pros and Cons.

Sammy2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you do 2-way audio in blue-iris with this doorbell camera? or does it only record and i'd have to use the camera software to speak to someone at the doorbell?
I just got it set up and it is 4:23am so I'm not going to be testing that just yet as everyone else is asleep.. Maybe a bit later.

Sammy2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

ive seen a few on youtube, but wondering about how u feel that quality of this one is.
Not yet. But the video quality is much better than my Original Ring was.

Sammy2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have an issue of the Amcrest AD110 camera not showing face detail because the porch is in shadow because the sun is in back of the person? I could use a light on the porch mounted where the camera is in order to light the person's face, but that is difficult.

I tried to increase the brightness of a screen shot from the doorbell camera with editing software, but the shadow is so strong that I do not have much success.

By the way...
I finally got the camera working with Blue Iris. I really don't have a reason why, but it may have been a password issue. The funny thing is, the camera works fine with Amazon Alexa with the setup that I had before I rebooted the camera from factory defaults. I did not do a thing with the Alexa, it just worked with the previous Alexa setup I don't remember entering a password for the camera when I set up the Amazon Alexa Show originally.

The Amcrest Smart Home app is a little sketchy...
Every time I try to go live, I get a basketball on a trampoline symbol while it counts up to 100 percent and then often it says it is on cellular data?!? I know it is connected to WiFi, so I do not understand that at all. I also have distortion in the receiving and transmitting audio. More work has to be done to determine what is going on and I will repost when I find out more.
Alexa Show uses the Amcrest Smart Home Skill in which you log into the skill/app/cloud for the video so when you incorporated the reset WiFi Doorbell and included it back into the Amcrest Smart Home App it automatically got incorporated into the Show.

Sammy2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Here's a BlueIris screenshot. EDIT: This is a screen shot from the BlueIris app on my phone and the Tapatalk app reduced the size of the file by about 50% too so it is actually even better than this.

1583886322970.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sammy2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get this error when accessing "My Plans" from the app.

Code:
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>A6E967C4F9D779C5</RequestId>
<HostId>
Prj92jFqg3FdSgstD5NmMMyx78jAtvWRr7TazFQdSy5u8H1M42ecvqDFKN7P1gj1T6iUyYU/bTI=
</HostId>
</Error>

Reaction score
Can it record on SD card and play back. I had Dahua aka IMOU DB11, never managed to record on SD card or play back.
Does this have the same issue ??

I recently, a week ago, bought the AD110 along with a 128 Gb card. After figure out to format fat32 for 128 Gb it's been working fine for me.

Reaction score
Formatting via app ??

Aus, you can watch the youtube video listed last and never get 30 mins of your life back.
Or download, GUI Format Tool.exe - Google Drive drive.google.com and see if you can format your Micro SD Card to FAT32.
Then place in you Camera and format again.
If GUI Format Tool didn't work you will have to download SD Memory Card Formatter for Windows Download - SD Association
www.sdcard.org to reformat/partion/fix card to fat32 but it will format 32G. Then use GUI Format again FAT32 and place/format in your DB Camera.

READ Armcrest Link: How to Format a MicroSD Card to FAT32

OR youtube.com/watch?v=PZMTnecH75E

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just got this doorbell from Amazon for $99. ($20 off coupon on amazon) For the price, it is a fantastic deal. I have been waiting a long, time for a cheap quality doorbell camera that can communicate with our Dahua NVR's and pay $0 fees. And finally, it's here.

Pros:
-Yes! It works and is automatically detected and can stream/continuous 24/7 record to my Dahua NVR5432! It is now added as a channel. I can even change the resolution/bitrate.
-2-way talk works in both the Amcrest SmartHomeApp and the Dahua iDMSS Plus. Although, when ringing, it defaults to the Amcrest SmartHomeApp.
Hi @MakeItRain

Just got the AD110.
I tried to add it to Dahua gDMSS Plus (Android version of iDMSS I assume), however, after entering admin/<password> with Add Mode as "P2P" (which is fixed, can't change) and Save, it always gave Connection Failed error.
Did you add it to iDMSS using P2P mode?
And how did you set it to get notification from iDMSS when the doorbell rings?

I have no problem adding it to Amcrest SmartHomeApp, Amcrest View Pro (a modified version of gDMSS?) and a Dahua NVR but couldn't add it to gDMSS Plus.
Anyone added it to gDMSS (not thru an NVR) successfully?

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @MakeItRain

Just got the AD110.
I tried to add it to Dahua gDMSS Plus (Android version of iDMSS I assume), however, after entering admin/<password> with Add Mode as "P2P" (which is fixed, can't change) and Save, it always gave Connection Failed error.
Did you add it to iDMSS using P2P mode?
And how did you set it to get notification from iDMSS when the doorbell rings?

I have no problem adding it to Amcrest SmartHomeApp, Amcrest View Pro (a modified version of gDMSS?) and a Dahua NVR but couldn't add it to gDMSS Plus.
Anyone added it to gDMSS (not thru an NVR) successfully?
I just got mine installed and setup tonight. I manually added the camera using the IP/Domain settings. I also reserved an address in my router for it so that it won't jump around on me. Make sure you're using the device password and not the Amcrest account password.

Attachments

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Here's my personal take. I'm a little disappointed in the video but I'm comparing it to the Ring Doorbell Pro and Dahua IPC-T5241TM-AS. The wide angle lens is perfect for my location and is very comparable to the Ring Pro in terms of viewing angle. I noticed the RTSP stream is 15fps and the Key Frame is every 3-4 seconds. The bit rate seems to top out around 800kb/s. If Amcrest allowed us to adjust these settings I think this would be a stellar camera. This footage attached is of the Amcrest AD110 and the Dahua IPC-T5241TM-AS. Obviously the Dahua is physically mounted at a different angle - it's lower, off to the side, and angled up. The Ring's image quality is very similar to the Dahua... Dahua is slightly better because I could tweak it for my location.

Amcrest AD110Dahua IPC-T5241TM-AS
Resolution1920x10801920x1080
Horizontal Angle140° H106° H
Frame Rate15fps15fps
Key Frame Intervalevery 4 seconds (KFI = 60)every 1 second (KFI = 15)
Bit Rate800kbps (VBR?)4096kbps (VBR)

Attachments

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just got mine installed and setup tonight. I manually added the camera using the IP/Domain settings. I also reserved an address in my router for it so that it won't jump around on me. Make sure you're using the device password and not the Amcrest account password.
Are you able to get notification from the doorbell in gDMSS when the button is pressed?

The original post I replied said "2-way talk works in both the Amcrest SmartHomeApp and the Dahua iDMSS Plus. Although, when ringing, it defaults to the Amcrest SmartHomeApp. "
So, if SmartHomeApp is not running, will ringing trigger notification to the gDMSS or NVR?
I removed the door bell from the SmartHomeApp, but couldn't get notification from gDMSS when the door bell rings.

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you able to get notification from the doorbell in gDMSS when the button is pressed?

The original post I replied said "2-way talk works in both the Amcrest SmartHomeApp and the Dahua iDMSS Plus. Although, when ringing, it defaults to the Amcrest SmartHomeApp. "
So, if SmartHomeApp is not running, will ringing trigger notification to the gDMSS or NVR?
I removed the door bell from the SmartHomeApp, but couldn't get notification from gDMSS when the door bell rings.
I don't think you'll get the notifications on the iDMSS app, NVR, or Blue Iris because they only connect to the video/audio feed using RTSP, which is just an AV protocol - it doesn't support notifications and events. I'm using the Amcrest Smart Home app on Android. A service runs in the background and I get notifications even when the app is closed. I can then tap the notification to open the Smart Home app and interact or find and open the iDMSS app and interact that way (the latter is slightly slower and takes a bit more work). In Blue Iris (or on a NVR) you would need to set up motion or sound alerts, just like a basic camera.

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't think you'll get the notifications on the iDMSS app, NVR, or Blue Iris because they only connect to the video/audio feed using RTSP, which is just an AV protocol - it doesn't support notifications and events. I'm using the Amcrest Smart Home app on Android. A service runs in the background and I get notifications even when the app is closed. I can then tap the notification to open the Smart Home app and interact or find and open the iDMSS app and interact that way (the latter is slightly slower and takes a bit more work). In Blue Iris (or on a NVR) you would need to set up motion or sound alerts, just like a basic camera.
I'm trying avoid using only the Amcrest Smart Home App which requires going through their cloud, so it will ring only if there is Internet and connects to their cloud service. Seems using just LAN is not going to work with the ring function.

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm trying avoid using only the Amcrest Smart Home App which requires going through their cloud, so it will ring only if there is Internet and connects to their cloud service. Seems using just LAN is not going to work with the ring function.
Maybe look into the TinyCam Pro app. I think it allows you to do motion detection within the app. This way you'll be notified when motion is detected and you can quickly get to the camera and talk through it - all without relying on the Amcrest servers. TinyCam Pro will consume extra battery and data to do this though. The doorbell button is still out of the question with this app. The button likely only works with the Amcrest software as it is a specific and continuous connection that is made with the Amcrest servers - hosted by AWS.

You could use a regular doorbell button as a digital input to a home based automation system (domoticz, home assistant, etc) and have that automation software send you a push notification - this requires a lot more setup and makes the Amcrest doorbell button useless.

Ultimately it sounds like you want an On-Premise version of the Amcrest Smart Home server - one that you maintain the equipment, software, and internet connection for.

One other thought. I did a port scan on the AD110 and found that ports 80, 554, and 5000 are open. Port 80 is a webserver that responds to http requests. I'd bet there are configuration pages hidden in there but without know the file structure of the webserver it's useless. I'm certain that given enough time someone will figure out what that webserver can do for us. Maybe video settings??? Maybe local notifications, FTP setup, day/night profiles... This camera really has a lot of potential - I hope Amcrest will unlock or reveal some features in the future.

Last edited:

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone have an issue of the Amcrest AD110 camera not showing face detail because the porch is in shadow because the sun is in back of the person? I could use a light on the porch mounted where the camera is in order to light the person's face, but that is difficult.

I tried to increase the brightness of a screen shot from the doorbell camera with editing software, but the shadow is so strong that I do not have much success.
its not in the AMCREST smarthome app, but "some" of the amcrest windows/android/nvr apps have the ability to config some additional features, one of them is BLC, this helps alot. you can also setup manual/auto scene (day/night/auto) and Day/Night (color/blackwhite). becareful not all of the stuff are compatible, sometime the encode bitstream get out of whack and then the live view on the smarthome app won't load until i fix it