Andoid Mobile App issue

JonW

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Overall I am loving my setup with Blue Iris. I have a server at a site with 23 (soon to be 25) cameras connected to it. It runs beautifully!

My frustration is coming from the mobile apps. I have installed both the Blue Iris Lite and the full app. Switching between cameras is a huge pain in the rear end. Every other piece of software I've ever used has had the ability to touch on a camera and have it come up full screen. This is very helpful when you're trying to track a person as they walk through the facility. Selecting the cameras in a drop-down list can't be done quick enough. This seems like a very basic feature that I'm surprised isn't part of the app.

I want to continue using BlueIris to feed the mobile devices and provide authentication (sometimes we have 10 users all accessing the mobile feeds simultaneously). What are my options to make this more user-friendly?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Overall I am loving my setup with Blue Iris. I have a server at a site with 23 (soon to be 25) cameras connected to it. It runs beautifully!

My frustration is coming from the mobile apps. I have installed both the Blue Iris Lite and the full app. Switching between cameras is a huge pain in the rear end. Every other piece of software I've ever used has had the ability to touch on a camera and have it come up full screen. This is very helpful when you're trying to track a person as they walk through the facility. Selecting the cameras in a drop-down list can't be done quick enough. This seems like a very basic feature that I'm surprised isn't part of the app.

I want to continue using BlueIris to feed the mobile devices and provide authentication (sometimes we have 10 users all accessing the mobile feeds simultaneously). What are my options to make this more user-friendly?
you are not buying the correct app..blue iris lite is not an official app, you were swindled. This it is what you want and can do what you want. Blue Iris - Android Apps on Google Play you can even swipe right to move to the next cam.

JonW

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As I said in my original post, I have used both the Lite and the Full client that you linked to.

In the full client, I found that I can pull up a camera by pressing and holding on the image of the single camera that I want to view from the view showing all of my cameras. What I can't do is get back to the view showing all of my cameras without jumping all the way back to the list of the camera groups and selecting the "All" group. Am I missing something?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As I said in my original post, I have used both the Lite and the Full client that you linked to.

In the full client, I found that I can pull up a camera by pressing and holding on the image of the single camera that I want to view from the view showing all of my cameras. What I can't do is get back to the view showing all of my cameras without jumping all the way back to the list of the camera groups and selecting the "All" group. Am I missing something?
saying "full client" is meaningless when you refer to both lite and full...there is no lite client..there is no full client..there is only one client...for all i know your "full" client is the "remote client" for 3.99 which is a Fraud. ..so once again, what app do you have?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
if you are using the official blue iris mobile app you can easily go back to the all camera view by simply swiping down as explained in the apps help file under information>help>cameras...sometimes its helpful to read instructions before making assumptions that a basic feature does not exist.

JonW

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fenderman - I appreciate your assistance and your knowledge, but jeeze do you have to be so rude? As I said in my previous post, one of the two apps that I have used IS the one you put the link to.

As for your issue with the app called "Blue Iris Lite", that's what it's called! I can't help it any more than you can. I know you feel it's a "Fraud" but it's out there and it's going to be the first one most people download because it's free.

People post on forums because they need help with something and haven't been able to find answers any other way. I honestly never thought to look in a menu called Information for the help file. Help is usually a standalone item. Regardless, I have found it now. If you can't resist going off on someone because they aren't as familiar with a product as you are, maybe it's time to leave the assistance up to others who can help in a friendlier manner.

Again, thank you for answering my question!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman - I appreciate your assistance and your knowledge, but jeeze do you have to be so rude? As I said in my previous post, one of the two apps that I have used IS the one you put the link to.

As for your issue with the app called "Blue Iris Lite", that's what it's called! I can't help it any more than you can. I know you feel it's a "Fraud" but it's out there and it's going to be the first one most people download because it's free.

People post on forums because they need help with something and haven't been able to find answers any other way. I honestly never thought to look in a menu called Information for the help file. Help is usually a standalone item. Regardless, I have found it now. If you can't resist going off on someone because they aren't as familiar with a product as you are, maybe it's time to leave the assistance up to others who can help in a friendlier manner.

Again, thank you for answering my question!
The same scammer makes a "full client" for 3.99...in your first post you did NOT mention the blue iris perspective software client, you simply stated "full client"..in your second post you state, "as i said in my original post"..therefore it is clear to me that you dont understand that there are impostors selling their version of the client while failing to disclose that they have no connection to the developer...hence the fraud...
I dont need you to tell me how to run my forum. I also dont care if you are not happy with the manner i dispense free advice. If you dont like it you know where the door is.