Anyone used this Dahua flood light camera? - IPC-WL46A

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone got information on this? Pricing or review of it?
Browsing through dahuasecurity.com I have come across this floodlight camera.
Dahua is obviously aiming this at the consumer market with it being wireless. Camera unit looks slightly different than the Lorex and Amcrest ones.

I don't care so much about the imaging sensor in this camera.
I would use this unit for having human detection trigger the flood light and (I hope) use other cameras to trigger the light.

1672728876234.png
IPC-WL46A

4-MP 1/3" CMOS image sensor, low luminance, and high definition image.
Outputs max. 4 MP (2560 × 1440)@25 fps/30 fps
H.265 codec, high compression rate, ultra-low bit rate.
SMART H.264+/H.265+, flexible coding, applicable to various bandwidth and storage environments.
Built-in microphone and speaker for real-time communication.
Active alarm with built-in 110 dB Siren.
The built-in dual floodlights can switch between warm and cool color temperature and have 4 floodlights modes.
Detects humans, vehicles and animals to reduce the occurrence of false alarms.
Dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi options, IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac.
Supports max. 256 G Micro SD card and NVR storage.
100–240 VAC power input
IP65 Protection.

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would also be interested as I have a couple of motion lights that I would like to have a camera near. I am looking for Detection and Observation, not Identification.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome. Looking forward to it so I can hopefully order and replace all the ring stuff I have :)

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've just found this document/webpage on a teardown of the unit, external images and FCC testing:
DH-IPC-WL46A Ip Camera by Zhejiang Dahua Vision

Interesting that it can use a junction box:
1675901933742.png1675901988714.png

Awesome to see multiple PIR sensor elements inside it:
It looks like there is a signal from each PIR element on that ribbon cable? I wonder if it will have any capability to state the direction motion came from.
1675901077920.png

and they are around for a full 180 detection:
1675901122774.png

We also see decent rubber seals.
Can't be a metal case otherwise the WiFi antennas from inside wouldn't work.... so hopefully that plastic is good quality and will last outside in sunlight UV.
1675901195732.png

Photo of the camera unit suggests there is a secondary pcb inside the housing which manages the lights relay, because those wires look to be low voltage data and power to the camera/PIR unit.
I do not see any photos of the junction box/lights so far.
1675901458233.png

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Does the Motion/PIR only control the lights or both the lights and the camera? What I am asking is does the camera work full time and the Motion/PIR only control the lights or is the camera only on when the Motion/PIR activates it?

Thanks,

Eric

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Does the Motion/PIR only control the lights or both the lights and the camera? What I am asking is does the camera work full time and the Motion/PIR only control the lights or is the camera only on when the Motion/PIR activates it?
By what I can see in the blury photos online, it seems to be set by the camera or PIR.
But you can set a video motion event to trigger the lights, like IVS to verify it is a human first.

My setup would be to set 'Floodlight setting' to 'PIR Activation' and brightness down low.
Then IVS set to human/vehicle and enable flood light (doesn't look to be a brightness control, I hope it's independent of Floodlight setting brightness).

1675977547193.png
1675977531115.png

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't think I worded that very well, or I didn't understand your post.

I was wondering if the camera was always on (like the 180 or 5442) and the lights only came on when motion or pir or some other rule triggerred it.

My hope is that the camera is always on and then the light can be turned on if/when needed.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
or I didn't understand your post.
I was wondering if the camera was always on (like the 180 or 5442) and the lights only came on when motion or pir or some other rule triggerred it.
My hope is that the camera is always on and then the light can be turned on if/when needed.
The screenshots of the interface show it as any other Dahua camera and the option for the flood light to come on with motion, PIR, IVS or scheduled.

One of the screenshots shows what appears to be a stream adaption and bitrate control.
1675983277652.png

The document I found online shows it being used with an NVR.
NVR's don't like cameras coming online/offline, so I presume it can constantly stream video.
1675983069482.png