Best deal on Imporx (Huisun) v2!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
All 7 of my turret Hikvision working Flawless all from China. You must remember every camera we are talking about is China are they not? Huisun dahua imporx etc etc so why not buy China? Because Corp middle man wants special software to control the price don't be a sheeple.
You have been on this forum since last year and still don't know the difference from Hikvision China region vs Western region cams that are both made in China?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is that ? Commission ? Give it a rest if you buy a camera and it works flawlessly for a couple years who gives a shit if Charlie Chan software or Jim Corp US software. Kind of like 20 year paint guarantee don't you paint your walls every couple years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I ordered a V2 and with any luck it will be here tomorrow. I'll certainly give it a good workout and report here as always. Honestly, I don't expect anything bad.

I own a V1 (the POE died after a couple of months). The warranty replacement POE module might also be here tomorrow.

Both tomorrows are USPS dependent as the people at USPS tend to take their good old time in the last legs of the journey sometimes...
Please do as now I really have to buy one just to know for myself.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I think you just found a use for the 4X. :rugby:
Exactly, I actually replaced the cam where 4x was mounted, so I didn't use the holeless arm yet, it's a night and day difference. Reaches everywhere in the backyard and beyond

v1 3x

v2 4x (I don't remember what gain was this, but I am guessing it was between 50-100)

v2 10x and default settings (exposure compensation turned off)

v2 10x with 50 exposure compensation, looks like too much of it

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Couple more shots from 4x vs 10x. Frankly 4x is not a bad camera, the night vision is basically the same as Hikvision 4MP 2142 dome I had before, it just looks bad in comparison to 10x. I will be relocating 4x in another spot where it doesn't need to cover large area with its IR.

4x, zoomed in

This is full wide shot from 10x

spencnor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Already mounted. Every single time I install 10x I think what an Amazing camera this company built while not asking for a premium price. The combination of everything it offers feels just right. If I was an installer this would definitely be something I would offer to clients before anything else for outdoor usage. On the other hand I have doubts that Huisun could reach Hikvision levels of distribution and support in the future with just one successful product but I only hope I can be proved wrong.
+1. Keeping my fingers crossed - no issues with my v2-10x Imporx so far. Granted it's been only up and running for a month and I'm still tweaking it, but it is working very well as a license plate reader day and night. Based on the number of comments here I figured for $150. it was worth a try. I'm definitely not as knowledgeable as many on this site, but in the last 6 months from reading on this site I've put together a decent system IMHO. Thanks all:peaceful:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, this thing is beating me up! Got the cam, hooked it up, logged in with stock IP, no problem. Changed it to an address for my network. Reboot. Log back in with new IP. No problem. Could not change port. Saw that it was a known issue with older firmware, so grabbed this one: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/8559-Mini-PTZ-v2-Firmware-discussion?p=85218&viewfull=1#post85218 and put it in. Now, it's still port 80 as I can see it in IVMS, but I can only log into it from IVMS on port 80 and it won't let me change the port. I can't log into it from IE at all. In BI, I can log into it on port 81 or port 37777, but I can't find anything that makes PTZ work. There is an older new firmware in the same thread, but IVMS won't let me "upgrade" it to that firmware.

Can anyone give me a clue?

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you rebooted the pc and the cam?

I've not encountered the issue but I believe others have. It may have also been the version of ivms. I don't recall exactly what happened.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yep, Unplugged and plugged the cam back in, so a cold boot for it. Just a reboot on the PC...

FWIW, my IVMS is 4200.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Ssayer How did you update firmware? I have the same problem as you. Everything but my dahua nvr detects the camera on port 37777 which I changed it to but the nvr shows it as port 80 and doesn't connect to it. I get full functionality through ivms and I've been able to access the camera through smartpss but I can get it to work with my nvr at all.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
In IE, I went to configuration and updated. I watched the update go in and watched the camera reboot. Everything about the updating looked good (this isn't my first or only cam :p ). But now, while I can view it and PTZ it in IVMS (where it shows port 80 in the configuration), I can't see it at all in IE on any port (80, 81, 8000, 37777 were my tries). I can only see it in BI using Huisun (on port 81 and port 37777) or in BI using Imporx (on port 80), but can't use any PTZ. I can't configure anything on it in IVMS, not IP, not port, nothing. I don't know where to go from here without some help...

I hope we can both get some help and get it working!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The last firmware had issue resolved with ports not being saved though.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It shows port 80. Here's what I have:

IP Search Tool.PNG

When I try to modify it from there, I get an error box that simply says, "Modify Failed"...